Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Poweredge Server €149 exVAT

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I got a call to the same tune today. It's fair enough I suppose, still fantastic value without that discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

It's disappointing and unfair that your order was canceled. Looking at the FAQ's for the EPP site there only one mention of this:
    Question: Do the offers I receive in the post/newspapers differ from the on-line EPP offers?
    Answer: All Home & Home Office consumer offers available via the Dell country web stores are available to employees through the EPP with the additional EPP discount. However, Small Business Offers available within the national press are specifically excluded as these are targeted at Small Businesses.

There's no longer a Home Office category on the Irish Dell web site, so it might reasonably be assumed that Small Business offers are available through EPP. The answer also says Small Business offers advertised in the national press are excluded from purchase on the EPP web site. That implies all other Small Business systems are eligible. I haven't seen the current server offer advertised anywhere in the national press. There's nothing more said about this on the EPP site's Term and Conditions either.

As regards this being an Enterprise product, the PowerEdge T105 is a Small Business product not for Enterprise, as shown in the product details on Dell's own web site.

I think this is an unreasonable and unfair thing for Dell to do, if anyone here ordered this system from Dell through the EPP site, their order should be honoured. If Dell don't want so called "Enterprise" product for Small Business ordered through their EPP site they shouldn't allow them to be ordered from EPP in the first place. My advice is stick to your guns complain to Customer Care and get your server at the advertised price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

"I think this is an unreasonable and unfair thing for Dell to do, if anyone here ordered this system from Dell through the EPP site, their order should be honoured. If Dell don't want so called "Enterprise" product for Small Business ordered through their EPP site they shouldn't allow them to be ordered from EPP in the first place. My advice is stick to your guns complain to Customer Care and get your server at the advertised price. "

As far as i know,

The faq explains it all small business offers are not valid through EPP, anything on any of the Dell site's are invitation to treat only and this can be broken at any moment.

If you read the small business offer you can clearly see that it states no other promo's can be used with this.

From what i have heard the EPP offer only covers consumer product not business and that is what the server would be classed as.

My advice is to order through the small business segment online before the promo is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Looks like the offer is back on.. http://url.ie/8ng

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

hi gusy,
    they did sent some email to my but at my work email was block for some reason dont know why (dell email doesnt meet my workplace firwall standards:rolleyes:) anyway what was in that email dont know.
    anyway server was deliverd on wednesday. now i m doing some installation on it just found littel problem. where are drivers? or i have to download each one from net? any one have any idea ?
    i explore cds came with it but dont understand anyting there as folders names are numbers. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

wasim21k wrote: »
    where are drivers? or i have to download each one from net? any one have any idea ?
    i explore cds came with it but dont understand anyting there as folders names are numbers. :mad:
    Drivers are on one of the CDs. Just insert the CD and the wizzard will find them. Only thing I needed were Ethernet ones.

Not your ornery onager

wizzard what wizzard? well let me try all three cds and let u know. thanks for idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Have one of these winging its way to me at the moment. There seems to be very little info aboutthis model available on the intarweb mind. Will be perfect as a file server /network hub thingymajiggerypoker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Anyone hazard a guess as to whether this card would work?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338549&view=detailed#ProductTabs

Just looking for something that I can hook up to my TV via HDMI.

Also... any tips on how I'd hook it up so I get sound to the tv on playback... standard speaker jack on a soundcard to the rca on the TV?

Tails142 wrote: »
    Also... any tips on how I'd hook it up so I get sound to the tv on playback... standard speaker jack on a soundcard to the rca on the TV?

Found out about this myself - just for reference I'll post up the solution;

My TV which is a 32" Philips LCD I bought a couple of months ago has a couple of ways;

- It has one hdmi port (on the side) which it will combine with two audio in jacks (right and left). There are two other hdmi connections on the back, but these wont combine the sound.

- It has a set of connections which it will combine together (knows as ext. 4), which include an s-video in OR component (Y, Pr, Pb) and also rca jacks for sound.

so there ya are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

So what are you folks doing with your new servers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

This thread needs to die :rolleyes: or move to comp & tech.

Well I bought two and still havent got around to setting them up.

One is going in the attic and will be a fileserver and also d/l'ing things overnight. Got a 1TB external drive to hook up to it.

The other is going in the sitting room and is being hooked up to the TV - will be used for watching the things that I download overnight and save on my 1TB hard drive. Life will be good.

Bits to make it happen are on the way from Komplett as I type so hopefully it will all work out ok. Still undeciced whether to go for MS Home Server or just use WinXP on the one in the attic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have it going as a media centre.. although i do not like media centre software :D
    So i have Ubuntu installed for when i want to mess about with Linux, and also Server 2003 which is what i use as default (much easier to get codecs for).

Its hooked up to my sound system and 32" LCD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Actually got 2 for work. One as a file server and one as an online demo platform (upgraded the hdds) and i have to say i'm impressed by the silence of them. Well worth the price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Actually got 2 for work.

Well worth the price

Salt & wounds :rolleyes: Move on guys, the bargain has finished loooong ago.
    STOP :mad:

hi,
    have any one tried to use any pcix card in it? do u need to replace psu?
    any one knows some software which can run on xp so i can play videos like external usb hard drives.
    Tails42 wrote: »
    Anyone hazard a guess as to whether this card would work?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338549&view=detailed#ProductTabs

Just looking for something that I can hook up to my TV via HDMI.

hi,
    have any one tried to use any pcix card in it? do u need to replace psu?
    any one knows some software which can run on xp so i can play videos like external usb hard drives.

I got that card off komplett yesterday so I may get around to trying it out tonight - from what I hear it should work but I'll let you know for definite later.

friend of mine told me 16x card works on 8x slot, but my concern was do i need to cut something as some one in this thread posted link about this. well i will waiting for your experience. and i m also going to buy 500 GB hard drive which one would be better? i mean brand and model????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

friend of mine told me 16x card works on 8x slot, but my concern was do i need to cut something as some one in this thread posted link about this. well i will waiting for your experience. and i m also going to buy 500 GB hard drive which one would be better? i mean brand and model????

See this thread for modding the slot for graphics: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055196950

I've bought this HD from dabs (still waiting for delivery :rolleyes:): http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4C0K&InMerch=1

As a previous poster noted, any further discussion on this server should be done in the computer tweaking/modding forum, bargain alert is long over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Damnit Damnit Damnit - How did I miss this? This would have suited me down to the ground!

eo980 wrote: »
    Damnit Damnit Damnit - How did I miss this? This would have suited me down to the ground!

Awwwwww, shucks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

FredH3as wrote: »
    Awwwwww, shucks :rolleyes:

What's with the smiley face seignior?

It's a rolleyes...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

eo980 wrote: »

This might ease your pain a bit.

Dell PowerEdge T105 €149ex VAT & Del. aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

or this HP ML115 http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4QJ9&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=hp+proliant&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0 for €175. Less powerful processor but more ram and i think it has a pci express x 16 slot which is handy.

Advertisement