Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Poweredge Server €149 exVAT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Say nothing :D

just got order confirmation ...

(saying nothing) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

How long does order conformation usually take, i ordered at 6.15 yest and still only have the internet reciept not an actual order conformation...

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

i ordere bout 9.15. last night and didnt get even an email saying i was registered as a new dell customer.just hoping everything is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Think I ordered around 17:30 yesterday ... confirmation about an hour ago guess it depends on who's work order list you're on ? or something like that so it'll just be a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Just got the confirmation and order. Ordered just before I posted the €188 yesterday.

Processor looks to be a better one ;o)

Bazual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MackPaddy

I ordered the standard build for 188 also with dual core e2160 cpu but on the order confirmation it looks like i will be receiving mine with the xeon 3040.....sweeet!

It looks like the cost of the machine on my acknowledgement was 106 ex vat and delivery charge 49 but on the order confirmation the price of the machine is 124 with 31 euros for delivery charge.

I wonder if they have run out of e2160s? Anyhoooooooow its a great bargain,many thanks to the OP and for the EPP :)

shhh lets all be quiet about this and then we can shout once they arrive:D.still havent recieved order confirmation.hope they give me better processor.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Sweet deal.

Just ordered one (was tempted to get two).

Note that if you use the code you can get the SAS Raid controller thrown in as an option for no additional cost in the configuration stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

still havent had confirmation for myself.. i dunno if id perfer a xeon 3040 or a e2160

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

bazual wrote: »
    Folks,

I just got this for €188 including delivery.

Go to
    http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/epp/epp?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ieepp1

Then Enter in code 123-SC44402

It should come up for €188 including delivery.

A Bargain at that price......

Bazual

thanks :) i was wondering how so many people found out about that exploit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sweet!, thanks!, just ordered one myself :)

They use these in my place for training and they are totally quiet, will be perfect as a fileserve for my home network as well as one to run virtual machines for studies (am beefing up with an additional 2gb ram from crucial ).

Very nice bargain, thanks OP!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Cheers kaizersoze and bazual!

Picked one up this morning for €188! That's another Christmas present sorted!

Has anyone got a shipping date yet?

Does anyone know the approx. weight of the unit including the box? It's for my nephew in Sweden so I have to try and figure out if it's better to post it or risk paying excess baggage charges on the flight....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

For the one I ordered yesterday delivery date is on or before 14/12/2007

B~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

Sweet deal.

Just ordered one (was tempted to get two).

Note that if you use the code you can get the SAS Raid controller thrown in as an option for no additional cost in the configuration stage.

What code do you need to put in to get the SAS raid controller thrown in free?

What advantages does the SAS raid controller have?

Thanks

T

i wouldnt count on it (shipping by the 14th i mean) the orders havent been placed yet :P i would say they will be placed on monday, and i wouldnt say they will stay at the price of 188 per unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Well if this works it'll definitely be on my 'Best Bargains' list for the Bargain Alerts thread! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

just ordered for €188
    Might be too late, will see.
    I have a primergy econel as my media centre right now, this might be a little more quiet.. or i will give it to someone for christmas, not sure yet.... Sweet deal.

Its funny, i sent the link to work as we sell dell servers to our customers. Did not hear anyone say wow thats a great deal... ordered 5 and will resell with 400% markup :D thats what i would have expected.

Saruman wrote: »
    just ordered for €188
    Might be too late, will see.
    I have a primergy econel as my media centre right now, this might be a little more quiet.. or i will give it to someone for christmas, not sure yet.... Sweet deal.

Its funny, i sent the link to work as we sell dell servers to our customers. Did not hear anyone say wow thats a great deal... ordered 5 and will resell with 400% markup :D thats what i would have expected.

orders blatantly for business's on the epp site will not be honored. I doubt any of them will be sold for 188 euro as they cant be discounted to that price because they are already discounted by loads.

i think that a price close to that will be honoured but im not 100% sure yet. they maybe just sold at the price on the small business website.

The EPP site is primarily for consumer product, the fact that these are business units would mean that they arent 100% eligible for the EPP program but i think in this instance they will be honoured , but i cant be 100% sure on that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

Just bought two for E376

Lets hope Dell honour there price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Darkener wrote: »
    i wouldnt count on it (shipping by the 14th i mean) the orders havent been placed yet :P i would say they will be placed on monday, and i wouldnt say they will stay at the price of 188 per unit.

Well, I have received my order confirmation and the price is as stated, I reckon the 1000 units will be gone very quickly though.

I too got the upgrade to the Xeon 3040, I know very little about this processor, how does it compare to the standard dual core 2160 for running standard applications, etc.?

Not decided what I will do with this machine yet, file server for sure, I might put a half-decent passively-cooled graphics card in it and set it up as a media centre for the living room if it is quiet. Apparently the power supply is 260W but is capable of a good bit more if required. Great deal though :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I ordered one too, excellent deal! :D
    Apparently there are only 1000 available so I wouldn't be surprised if I left it too late to place my order.
    Anyway mine has a Pentium Dual-Core E2160 1.8GHz, so I wasn’t luck enough to get a free Xeon upgrade but I did get a SAS RAID controller thrown in for no extra cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

I just ordered two. It's a very good offer. Hopefully I'll get my acknowledgement soon enough...

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Well, I have received my order confirmation and the price is as stated, I reckon the 1000 units will be gone very quickly though.

I too got the upgrade to the Xeon 3040, I know very little about this processor, how does it compare to the standard dual core 2160 for running standard applications, etc.?

Not decided what I will do with this machine yet, file server for sure, I might put a half-decent passively-cooled graphics card in it and set it up as a media centre for the living room if it is quiet. Apparently the power supply is 260W but is capable of a good bit more if required. Great deal though :).

was it an online confirmation or one with an order number ?

it really depends a promo sku could have been pulled in so they could be ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Saruman wrote: »
    ordered 5 and will resell with 400% markup :D thats what i would have expected.

Tut, tut! Shameless profiteering is against the spirit of "Bargain alerts"....
    Darkener wrote:
    i wouldnt say they will stay at the price of 188 per unit.

I'm not aware of Dell reneging on an order before, (even the good old deleted €32 mice!) although they may increase the price for new orders. Back in September you could buy a CPU + keyboard + mouse with operating system, MS Works etc. for €190 all in and in October I got a CPU with a similar spec to this server for €227 delivered.
    Darkener wrote:
    i wouldnt count on it (shipping by the 14th i mean) the orders havent been placed yet :P i would say they will be placed on monday.

I fly out in the evening of the 26th. sure as long as Interlink can deliver by lunchtime that day, I should have time to install XP and a video card! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭newbusiness

Raekwon wrote: »
    Anyway mine has a Pentium Dual-Core E2160 1.8GHz, so I wasn’t luck enough to get a free Xeon upgrade but I did get a SAS RAID controller thrown in for no extra cost.

Just ordered 2 for my new business :-)

Excellent deal, but does anyone else feel slightly (just slightly!) cheated that they didn't get the magic Xeon upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I ordered one there earlier today, got the confirmation email and all. Very happy, Thanks OP !

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 22,091 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Drive Bays
    2 x 3.5" Non-Hot Swap for Hard-Drives
    1 x 3.5" Floppy
    2 x 5.25" for optional CDRW, DVD/CD-RW and Tape Backup

I/O
    5 total I/O slots
    3 PCI Express slots (one with x8 connector, one with x4 connector, one with x1 connector), all 2.5GHz.
    2 32-bit/33MHz PCI slots 5V.
    Slots can support full length or half length cards.

Memory
    Four ECC DDR-2 533/667 SDRAM DIMM sockets for up to 4 GB of memory

Chassis
    Form Factor: Tower (Not Rackable)
    Height: 17.6" H (44.8cm)
    Width: 6.8" W (17.1cm)
    Depth: 18.4" D (46.7cm)
    Weight: ~ 39.0 lbs. (17.7kg)

Ports
    Rear: 5 x USB 2.0, 1 x serial connector, 1 x VGA video connector, 1 x RJ-45 NIC connector(Gigabit Ethernet)
    Front: 2 x USB 2.0

Power
    Single power supply (305W)

Not your ornery onager

some people seem to be getting confirmation order quicker than others.its been over 24 hours now and still know confirmation order.logged into dell but theres no sign of my order.it says to wait more than 72 hours b4 contacting them.what would happen if they are all sold and they dont have my order for some reason.i have an order no. would i have a case if they messed up the order

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

No confirmation order for me either... 24 hours later .... here's hoping

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote: »
    I'm not aware of Dell reneging on an order before, (even the good old deleted €32 mice!) although they may increase the price for new orders. Back in September you could buy a CPU + keyboard + mouse with operating system, MS Works etc. for €190 all in and in October I got a CPU with a similar spec to this server for €227 delivered.

Ive seen a number of instances where they have revolked certain offers because of the business rules around it. This offer was strictly 2 per customer and for small businesses, never meant for consumer sales . I think there was also a unit limit to 1000 for these systems.

I think these ones will be honoured but i can tell you with these ones that the price may change because they cannot be saved on the ordering tool at the EPP price. As they were never meant to be EPP orders.

Then again Monday is a different day and all orders on the epp site will be reviewed again.

Advertisement