Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Can anyone recommend a pre workout supplement?

Some weeks like this week when Im working 84 hours in a week I can find when I get to the gym my energy levels are pretty low and have to drop weight fairly quick or legs just feel tired etc varies on the day so a pre workout supplement boost could do me good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Some weeks like this week when Im working 84 hours in a week I can find when I get to the gym my energy levels are pretty low and have to drop weight fairly quick or legs just feel tired etc varies on the day so a pre workout supplement boost could do me good.

Drop the number of reps if you dont feel great not the weight on the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

A strong cup of coffee before hand and I'd recommend SAW anabolic pre workout. Fantastic stuff from trec-nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

you dont need a preworkout just bring more food with you to work

Cheers for the replys.
    dor843088 wrote: »
    Drop the number of reps if you dont feel great not the weight on the bar.

Yeh I have done that aswell but not all the time but sometimes can just feel shot, im off today after Wednesday, Thursday and Friday day shifts but back in Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night twelve hour shifts and ill be going the gym at 7a.m before I go home to bed. Like I said some morning I go and once I get there im grand just the odd morning do feel completely shot for them morning something to give me that extra little nudge would be great.
    A strong cup of coffee before hand and I'd recommend SAW anabolic pre workout. Fantastic stuff from trec-nutrition.

Cheers I'll give that a try. I'll try anything that may even help a small bit :).
    chriity139 wrote: »

I generally do bring a lot of food with me to work to much in fact just in case and if I'm on nights will have my last feed at about 5 to 5:30 a.m then finish work at 7.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

You need to up your calorie intake, you need more carbs. If you're not carbed up and your energy is low you won't have the motivation to work-out, study etc. I wouldn't bother with with powered supplements they're just expensive ****. Try a smoothie with 6 medium bananas with 500ml of semi-skimmed milk for a quick energy boast (Tour de France riders eat bananas to get energy into their legs fast):
    Banana Smoothie
    6 bananas & milk
    Calories 880
    Carbohydrate 186 g
    Protein 24 g
    Fat 12 g

chriity139 wrote: »

Food isnt going to give you the benefits and or convenience of a pre workout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Carbing up will probably give you more energy throughout the day but after a long days work a pre workout is going to be best for that instant buzz.

Carbing up will probably give you more energy throughout the day but after a long days work a pre workout is going to be best for that instant buzz.

Agreed . Bananas aint gonna do sh1t if your tired . 3 scoops on the other hand .......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I know how you feel. I don't work shifts but can work hours like that during busy periods for weeks on end. Working out in the morning is also a must I find. Stimulants are your friend. I use Pulse from myprotein. Effects do wear off after a while.

When I'm busy like that I just get in the gym and do whatever it takes to keep me ticking over and keep up the habit of exercising. Very difficult to progress though.

• Advertisement

Exactly I certainly eat enough and rarely lack energy during the day my calorie intake is fine. But when working nights especially and being up all night and going the gym before bed just need that little bit of an instant buzz some mornings. My job some weeks I can also have a week off and them weeks when I go the gym it's never an issue.
    Sangre wrote: »
    I know how you feel. I don't work shifts but can work hours like that during busy periods for weeks on end. Working out in the morning is also a must I find. Stimulants are your friend. I use Pulse from myprotein. Effects do wear off after a while.

When I'm busy like that I just get in the gym and do whatever it takes to keep me ticking over and keep up the habit of exercising. Very difficult to progress though.

Yeh from now to Xmas will be my busy period usually. But exactly even on the days I'm feeling wrecked I will stil go to keep me ticking over and in the habit of exercising.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Marty, I'm pro supplement but you can forget about sleeping if you take a pre workout supplement after a nights work and before the gym. You might nod off for a few hours and physically be rested but you'll be mentally fried with a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Exactly I certainly eat enough and rarely lack energy during the day my calorie intake is fine. But when working nights especially and being up all night and going the gym before bed just need that little bit of an instant buzz some mornings. My job some weeks I can also have a week off and them weeks when I go the gym it's never an issue.

Yeh from now to Xmas will be my busy period usually. But exactly even on the days I'm feeling wrecked I will stil go to keep me ticking over and in the habit of exercising.

Would you consider trying Kinetica Pre Fuel?

Has caffeine in it, but not enough so you would be awake/mentally awake for hours? I've ordered a few samples (6 samples - 2 of each flavour - for under a tenner).

While on topic, what are people's thoughts on it? If any one has used it, would be keen to hear!

http://www.kineticasports.com/gainers-c4/kinetica-kinetica-pre-fuel-300g-citrus-p189

Marty, I'm pro supplement but you can forget about sleeping if you take a pre workout supplement after a nights work and before the gym. You might nod off for a few hours and physically be rested but you'll be mentally fried with a few hours.

Never actually thought of that to be honest good point, but working nights can leave you mentally tired anyway it does tend to have that effect on the body.

hada wrote: »
    Would you consider trying Kinetica Pre Fuel?

Has caffeine in it, but not enough so you would be awake/mentally awake for hours? I've ordered a few samples (6 samples - 2 of each flavour - for under a tenner).

While on topic, what are people's thoughts on it? If any one has used it, would be keen to hear!

http://www.kineticasports.com/gainers-c4/kinetica-kinetica-pre-fuel-300g-citrus-p189

Yeh I'm open to all ideas and suggestions to be honest :), that's why I came in here asking :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Craze, the original grape one, if you can get it before it's gone altogether, do so.

Next best thing that I've tried is by iForce, called Maximize Intense. Pretty good lift from 1 scoop. That's as far as I would go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

got some Kinetica Banana Whey It's the best tasting Kinetica that I'v tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Katunga wrote: »
    got some Kinetica Banana Whey It's the best tasting Kinetica that I'v tried.

how does it mix

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

how does it mix

Kinetica mixes well, I just find the taste of all of their products to be incredibly synthetic. They taste really artificial and sweet. Wouldn't recommend at all.

Oisín

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Kinetica mixes well, I just find the taste of all of their products to be incredibly synthetic. They taste really artificial and sweet. Wouldn't recommend at all.

Oisín

I had a tub of their chocolate, tasted ok but was a total nightmare to mix also very expensive for what it is tbh...bulkpowder for me from now on i think

I was going to run with ProteinWorks for a change.

What's the consensus on BP? Is it cheaper? They say they've the cheapest concentrate Europe so I presume it's pretty cheap. Flavours and delivery good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I was going to run with ProteinWorks for a change.

What's the consensus on BP? Is it cheaper? They say they've the cheapest concentrate Europe so I presume it's pretty cheap. Flavours and delivery good?

Good company. Delivery is DPD. Whey tastes nice, not too sweet. Choc Cookiee in their blend is very popular.

EDIT: I like TPW and BP. Both good companies and never messed me around

Thanking you.

I'll give PW a shot as they've a few bits I want the other doesn't. And some of those flavours are intriguing. When you're drinking it that much a few changes is good to have.

Ordered just before 3 on Tuesday. Delivered 3 pm today. Pretty damn quick and FREE!

Just had the freebie apple cinnamon thing, and with a scoop of malto thrown in it went down really well.

Very recommend.

Edit to add; got smooth PB in error. Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

anyone here tried fat burning tabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Discount Supplements just put up a notice: Oxyelite Pro, Dexaprine XR & Driven Craze are now deemed unauthorised medicinal products by the Irish Medicine Board and are not allowed to be sold in Ireland as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Good thing my new tub of craze arrived yesterday! :D

Hope you got the original grape flavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Hope you got the original grape flavour.

fraid not. Berry Lemonade...tastes ok!

Hmm. Not about the taste. It's the effect. But it could be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Discount supplements just posted
    NOTICE: Oxyelite Pro, Dexaprine XR and Craze are now deemed unauthorised medicinal products by the Irish Medicine Board and are not allowed to be sold in Ireland.

I don't even know what the first two are, but a lot of people here seem to get excited about craze.

They increase heart rate and blood pressure apparently, I don't know why anyone would be into that.

Advertisement