Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

ColmH81 wrote: »
    Would Amino acids be an idea for pre-rugby matches??

It would keep your concentration up so yeah I presume it would be good pre rugby match. Personally if it was me Id structure my meals around match or training time so Id have the sufficient energy to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

chriity139 wrote: »
    It would keep your concentration up so yeah I presume it would be good pre rugby match. Personally if it was me Id structure my meals around match or training time so Id have the sufficient energy to last.

Missing the point. You cant really get from 'food' what you can get from Caffeine.

Basis of PED's really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Hey all,

Just a couple of quick ones...

Amino's, I here a lot of lads talking in the gym about taking amino's. What is the benefit of taking a blend of Amino's, there already in my protein shake. i don't mean specific amino's I mean aminos like this

I'm also a little confused on amino acids in general, I know glutamine can be good as a way to prevent muscle wastage

Nut Butters before bed, again another one I've around the gym and from bodybuilders, a spoon of nut butter before bed to protect the muscle...I assume by that they mean, that the nut butter has an anti-catobolic effect...

Any and all feedback appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Missing the point. You cant really get from 'food' what you can get from Caffeine.

Basis of PED's really.
    your meals can include coffee :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

NightHawk! wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Has anyone started using The Protein Works? I've been using them for a few months now and surprised to hear not so many people have heard of them round here. If you have, what do you think so far?

There has been lots of talk of TPW around here. I personally don't like them, I bought their mint chocolate 4kg bag and took one scoop and hated it, it's been sitting here since! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So tried that C4 today didn't really get to much of a kick from it to be honest just a little bit certainly no tingling thinking next time I might try two scoops instead of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

n1ck wrote: »
    There has been lots of talk of TPW around here. I personally don't like them, I bought their mint chocolate 4kg bag and took one scoop and hated it, it's been sitting here since! :(

Wanna donate it to a financially embarrassed newbie?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

So tried that C4 today didn't really get to much of a kick from it to be honest just a little bit certainly no tingling thinking next time I might try two scoops instead of one.

Why do people want tingling? Is this a measure of it "working" to you?

The tingles is caused by the BA in the product. BA has no acute effect rather it is something that has to be supplemented continuously similar to creatine. Indeed it's inclusion in a pre workout is pointless really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

john_cappa wrote: »
    Why do people want tingling? Is this a measure of it "working" to you?

The tingles is caused by the BA in the product. BA has no acute effect rather it is something that has to be supplemented continuously similar to creatine. Indeed it's inclusion in a pre workout is pointless really.

Sorry probably worded it wrong, I'm not saying I want tingling necessarily just meant I felt no effects from it.

It says try 1 scoop first time to see how you feel, so I'll try two next time see if I get more from it ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Some other people just believe that if it's not tingling, its not working. As John said BA is pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

I tried it yesterday for the first time.. Just one scoop.. Gonna try two tomorrow.. Still prefer Craze.....

Hey currently taking 3 caps of fish oil a day, but will run out soon and have been offered a different fish oil by a mate who has a couple of extra tubs...

Current Fish Oil is
    Per Capsule
    1,000mg Fish Oil
    180mg EPA
    120mg DHA

So I take 3 of those a day

The new Fish Oil's I've been offered
    Per Capsule
    1,360mg Fish Oil
    680mg EPA
    272mg DHA

It says take 1 a day, but would that be enough?

Which option is better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

gollywog wrote: »
    Wanna donate it to a financially embarrassed newbie?!!

If you wanna donate to the charity that is ME, sure. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Some other people just believe that if it's not tingling, its not working. As John said BA is pointless.

Just to try avoid confusion and clear something up. Beta Alanine isn't pointless, it's just pointless taking it in a preworkout every second day or third day or whatever. It needs to be taken continuously, in a similar fashion to creatine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

n1ck wrote: »
    If you wanna donate to the charity that is ME, sure. :P

How much?! :)

Just tried C4 for the second time.. Went for two scoops this time.. Got to say, not overly happy with it.. Think I'm just gonna finish off the tub of Craze...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Glutamine, I've started taking this as I'm now playing a lot more squash then I used to and more intensely.
    I will be adding in cycling too, 50 to 80 miles a week.
    I was a gardener for the summer so it's not like I'm starting from scratch.
    I did play 2 or 3 hrs of squash a week and lift weights 2 hrs a week.
    But not the gardening is done, it's up to 6 hrs of squash, 2 hrs of weights and will be soon 5 ours of cycling to college and back.
    Any other tips on what to eat or take to help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Not sure how new these are but TPW have started doing SOLO Shakes and they are half price at the moment.

http://www.theproteinworks.com/products/acc-samples/samples/whey-protein-80-solotm.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Out of interest does anyone tag CLA? Are they of any benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Shane732 wrote: »
    Out of interest does anyone tag CLA? Are they of any benefit?

Save your money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Save your money

Its great for losing weight.

From your wallet.

Anyone ever taken a PWO drink while taking stuff for cold and flu?? Feel the need for a gym session tomorrow, but in the middle of "the sniffles"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Is spirulina any use or just another scam ?

Can anyone tell anything about HMB & Beta Alanine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Can anyone tell anything about HMB & Beta Alanine?

Beta Alanine makes your face all tingly :) Mmmmm....

Beta Alanine makes your face all tingly :) Mmmmm....

Sorry I didn't word my previous question well...

Can anyone tell me the benefits of taking hmb and beta alanine and what are the dosage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Tried ON Pre the other day, really good!

Anyone got any suggestions for appetite suppressants .. Ha.. Harder I train, hungrier I am.. Fat b#stard...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Anyone got any suggestions for appetite suppressants .. Ha.. Harder I train, hungrier I am.. Fat b#stard...

Eat more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Apples and carrots, if you cant lose weight while eating your fill of these then you dont need to lose any more weight.... or you're actually a rabbit

Advertisement