Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Is that 3g the EPA/DHA count?

The EPA/DHA count is different in some fish oils caps . 3caps a day (3grams) of a decent quality product . Bulk powders have all of the mentioned supps cheap and good quality.

After tasting walden farms bbq sauce I swore never to buy anything from waldens again but I gave in after hearing good things in this thread about some of the other products . Just took delivery today of a few flavours. Honest opinion ? The chocolate flavours are good as f*ck and the pancake syrup is decent also havent tried the pb2 yet but heard its amazing so expecting good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

dor843088 wrote: »
    The EPA/DHA count is different in some fish oils caps . 3caps a day (3grams) of a decent quality product . Bulk powders have all of the mentioned supps cheap and good quality.

Isn't it generally really low though. AFAIK the amount is usually 300mg EPA/DHA and isn't it recommended to get somewhere between 1 and 3g?

Isn't it generally really low though. AFAIK the amount is usually 300mg EPA/DHA and isn't it recommended to get somewhere between 1 and 3g?

Theres all different recommendations for all different ailments and benefits some higher some lower google it and find the dosage that suits you . I just take 3 caps a day of a decent product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got my sample pack from Go Nutrition (Oliver Cookson) new company.

Flavours are:

Strawberry & whipped cream
    Triple Choc
    Vanilla Ice cream
    Sweet Banana
    Maple syrup & pancake
    Turkish delight

All pretty standard flavours bar the pancake and Turkish ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I'd usually try get around or above 3g of EPA and DHA in a day. I find just chucking two or three caps in with every meal is the handiest. This also helps with my ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6.

Oisín

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Flavours are:

Triple Choc
    Vanilla Ice cream
    Sweet Banana
    Maple syrup & pancake
    Turkish delight

Turkish delight? eugh....

The pancake one could be delish though.

Flavours are:

Triple Choc
    Vanilla Ice cream
    Sweet Banana
    Maple syrup & pancake
    Turkish delight

FREE sample pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Are Nutrition X still on the go?

Used to be all over my local gyms a couple of years ago but don't see it around any more. Rarely gets airtime on this thread too.

FREE sample pack?

Nope. Not from a bulk supplier. 4.99 for 5 samples. I got double though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

After tasting walden farms bbq sauce I swore never to buy anything from waldens again but I gave in after hearing good things in this thread about some of the other products . Just took delivery today of a few flavours. Honest opinion ? The chocolate flavours are good as f*ck and the pancake syrup is decent also havent tried the pb2 yet but heard its amazing so expecting good things.

im gonna take credit here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I got a sample pack too, the maple syrup and pancake flavour is amazing, a real change from others. I like the Turkish delight too but I guess that is going to be a loathe or love for most people! My only gripe is that it seems a little bit more clumpy than others.

I got a sample pack too, the maple syrup and pancake flavour is amazing, a real change from others. I like the Turkish delight too but I guess that is going to be a loathe or love for most people! My only gripe is that it seems a little bit more clumpy than others.

Yeah mine was clumpy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Flavours are:

Triple Choc
    Vanilla Ice cream
    Sweet Banana
    Maple syrup & pancake
    Turkish delight

What site do you get that off ? Go Nutrition is it ?

chriity139 wrote: »
    What site do you get that off ? Go Nutrition is it ?

gonutrition.com. there will be a prelaunch post

Are Nutrition X still on the go?

Used to be all over my local gyms a couple of years ago but don't see it around any more. Rarely gets airtime on this thread too.

You can still buy some old stock but they don't exist any more. It split up into two new companies, NX Nutrition and NXT nutrition.

Zombienosh wrote: »

Whey has the best amino profile thats not going to change . What the study doesnt show is you would have got the same results with half the amount of whey than rice. In short you need to double your protein intake if your using rice protein to get the same results as using whey or some other animal protein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Anyone use NOW Foods Carbo Gain?

Have some in the post from iHerb. Half the price of here even w shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

Anyone use NOW Foods Carbo Gain?

Have some in the post from iHerb. Half the price of here even w shipping.

i haven't tried that particular product, but it is maltodextrin and is unusual in that its technically a complex carb, yet provides a similar insulin spike as to glucose/dextrose. so my advice would be to only take it around training time, post workout being the best.

for a proper complex carb try cheap and lovely oats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Love Jack3d now its gone. Went on to Crazed, liked it, now it's gone. Wondering what people would recommend next? Also if you could tell if they come with the tingles?

I'm thinking:

Musclepharm Assault
    or
    Cellucor C4 Extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Love Jack3d now its gone. Went on to Crazed, liked it, now it's gone. Wondering what people would recommend next? Also if you could tell if they come with the tingles?

I'm thinking:

Musclepharm Assault
    or
    Cellucor C4 Extreme

If they contain beta alanine, expect tingles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I'm thinking:

Musclepharm Assault
    or
    Cellucor C4 Extreme

Craze is gone...since when? I just got my first tub of it yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Where did you get it man?
    Taken off shelves early this month afaik.
    Defo stopped though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Where did you get it man?
    Taken off shelves early this month afaik.
    Defo stopped though.

A local vitamin shop in Limerick, he only had 1 left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It makes me sick, wouldn't touch it again.

I just got the complete pre-workout from bulkpowders and found it great. Its a lot cheaper than a lot of the off the shelf stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

As someone who's never used a pre-workout supplement like Craze or Jack3D, what does it do for you? I don't find myself lacking energy to go balls-out first thing but would something along those lines help me even more, out of interest?

As someone who's never used a pre-workout supplement like Craze or Jack3D, what does it do for you? I don't find myself lacking energy to go balls-out first thing but would something along those lines help me even more, out of interest?

In short yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Craze is still being sold in my gym.

Tried jack3d, craze and grenade. None had any effect on me what so ever. But I no alot of people recommend craze. Have heard great things about C4 or gaspari superpump or superdrive whatever its called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Tried my one and only tub of craze a few weeks ago. Ran out just as it was pulled. Wasn't sure if it was making much difference while taking it but I definitely notice the difference now I have none. Not so much when doing weights but more so when doing high cardio stuff like boxings/grappling. I'd literally be bouncing around the mats all night and be more mentally focused towards the end of a workout then without it.

Using the opportunity to flush the system for a couple of months before trying a replacement, would love a recommendation... Only other thing I tried was a eph thing called stack2 a few years ago... Rocket fuel but long since banned I think.

Advertisement