Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Guvnor wrote: »
    DM would that not be 20lbs for the €156?
    That is in all fairness a cracking deal at least I think it for ON?
    Just did a re-work it would be €144 for 20lbs. :D
    Pretty much cost price or even a bit less imo!

Yes, its meant to be 20lbs.

Just checked again, it is coming up at 156 for two bags.

They have a 20 percent discount from normal price of 120 for elverys to make the 96. Whatever way the discount is set - it looks like they are costing it as 50 percent of a full price bag so the second bag is coming out as 60 euro.

96 plus 60 is the 156. Still a good price for ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

quick tip for anyone taking creatine who get a dose of nausea like myself. A 1/4 teaspoon of sugar in with your mix of water will do the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭johnsds

Anybody know if Xedracut is better than Clenburexin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Yes, its meant to be 20lbs.

Just checked again, it is coming up at 156 for two bags.

They have a 20 percent discount from normal price of 120 for elverys to make the 96. Whatever way the discount is set - it looks like they are costing it as 50 percent of a full price bag so the second bag is coming out as 60 euro.

96 plus 60 is the 156. Still a good price for ON.

Very cheap - pretty much cost price on those bags. Compare it to the UK prices! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anyone here take Liquorice Root?

It's meant to help with cortisol production and sleeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

'VC50' get's you £50 off any order over £100 at the Maxishop.

Order on maxiraw.com and you get an incredible price. You are buying at below cost price by a decent margin. Incredible prices to be had!!!

You have to use in-conjunction with parcel motel though as they only skip to UK addys.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

johnsds wrote: »
    Anybody know if Xedracut is better than Clenburexin?

You won't see any noticeable differences taking either, other than you sweating a good bit more.

Oisín

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

not always,your sales speil changes alot from one person to another.In my experience a tight tshirt can be more beneficial to sales than a load of verbal wisdom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭johnsds

Oisinjm wrote: »
    You won't see any noticeable differences taking either, other than you sweating a good bit more.

Oisín

And lastly, I have heard of xedracut hardcore?

johnsds wrote: »
    And lastly, I have heard of xedracut hardcore?

Same as above except you'll get a load of energy from the extra caffeine.

Oisín

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

drdeadlift wrote: »
    not always,your sales speil changes alot from one person to another.In my experience a tight tshirt can be more beneficial to sales than a load of verbal wisdom

I meant the marketing one not the one you give for sales :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Wheatgrass and/or Spirulina...I'm thinking of mixing something in with my morning protein shake, i normally have a shake on my porridge days...

I'm just trying to see which would be better...just looking for something for a boost, something to give a energy and vitamin/mineral boost...

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

(I hope this isn't a really basic question but I've had a look back through the last 10-15 pages as well as the first dozen or so in this thread and I'm none the wiser).

Basically, when it comes to post workout supplements I always thought the only viable option was whey protein drinks.

In my very limited experience, these protein drinks had a texture that is quite heavy and thick, a bit like a lumpy milkshake and generally tasted and smelt foul.

However, in the last 12 months I see a lot of guys drinking these drinks after their workouts that don't look anything like your traditional whey protein milkshake type drink - often they are bright yellow or pink and look more like a diluted cordial more than anything else. (They would seem like something that would be much easier to stomach if you ask me).

So, in short - can you get you post workout recovery protein in another form, or am I a mile off and they are infact drinking something else altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

(I hope this isn't a really basic question but I've had a look back through the last 10-15 pages as well as the first dozen or so in this thread and I'm none the wiser).

Basically, when it comes to post workout supplements I always thought the only viable option was whey protein drinks.

In my very limited experience, these protein drinks had a texture that is quite heavy and thick, a bit like a lumpy milkshake and generally tasted and smelt foul.

However, in the last 12 months I see a lot of guys drinking these drinks after their workouts that don't look anything like your traditional whey protein milkshake type drink - often they are bright yellow or pink and look more like a diluted cordial more than anything else. (They would seem like something that would be much easier to stomach if you ask me).

So, in short - can you get you post workout recovery protein in another form, or am I a mile off and they are infact drinking something else altogether?

possibly a bcaa mix like xtend..that would have a dilute cordial look to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Wheatgrass and/or Spirulina...I'm thinking of mixing something in with my morning protein shake, i normally have a shake on my porridge days...

I'm just trying to see which would be better...just looking for something for a boost, something to give a energy and vitamin/mineral boost...

Cheers in advance

I mix a banana and some cooled coffee (from the night before) into my shake in the morning to give it that extra kick and wake me up. It's actually quite nice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Cheers in advance

Where do you buy Spirulina from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Spirulina has to be the most disgusting sh1te I have ever tried to consume. It is so vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

JJayoo wrote: »
    Spirulina has to be the most disgusting sh1te I have ever tried to consume. It is so vile.

Worse then wheatgrass? i'd rather gurgle cod liver oil then touch that ****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

If you mix your wheatgrass in with your whey shake you wouldn't even notice it , at least with chocolate mint flavoured whey.

If you're looking to increase you greens through supplementation and despise the taste, Controlled Labs do a greens product called Orange OxiMega. They put in 15mg of Spearmint so it doesn't taste like ass.

Oisín

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I've not tried any of them, I am just wondering what would be best, taste really isn't an issue, as I can just neck it if need be...Its just on porridge days I don't have any form of veg with the breakfast and I'd like to try and change that...

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Where do you buy Spirulina from?

Holland & Barrett used to do it. I used to mix it into smoothies with kiwi and banana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

If you're looking to increase you greens through supplementation and despise the taste, Controlled Labs do a greens product called Orange OxiMega. They put in 15mg of Spearmint so it doesn't taste like ass.

Oisín

Got this recently, it's actually lovely.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I'm presently only taking myprotein Impact Whey Isolate.

I'm nearing the end of the current supply and am about to reorder. So here's a generic question - what protein should I be taking and should I be taking anything else?

I was considering taking ON Hydrobuilder but is there really any benefit to taking it in comparison to Impact Whey?

Also, I sometimes take a shake before I go to bed - should I get a Casein or night protein or is there much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Shane732 wrote: »

I'm nearing the end of the current supply and am about to reorder. So here's a generic question - what protein should I be taking and should I be taking anything else?

I was considering taking ON Hydrobuilder but is there really any benefit to taking it in comparison to Impact Whey?

Also, I sometimes take a shake before I go to bed - should I get a Casein or night protein or is there much of a difference?

Casein is a gimmick and whey is nothing more than convenient source of protein you dont need either other than convenience or preferance of taste or whatever

dor843088 wrote: »
    Casein is a gimmick and whey is nothing more than convenient source of protein you dont need either other than convenience or preferance of taste or whatever

Oh I totally appreciate that taking protein is no better than eating enough protein as part of your diet. However, I'm taking protein so ensure that I'm getting enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Oh I totally appreciate that taking protein is no better than eating enough protein as part of your diet. However, I'm taking protein so ensure that I'm getting enough.

Whey for convenience , 3g fish oil , 5g creatine and a multi vit is all you need for great results

Hydrolyzed Whey doesn't actually increase absorption rates, that's just all marketing. It is however, good for people who have digestion or gastrointestinal issues as it's easier to digest. Get a protein that tastes nice, is cheap and doesn't contain any shíte fillers. Any of the bulk powder websites fit this bill. If you wanted to buy in brick and mortar then ROS Nutrition Blue Label Whey is a good shout.

Oisín

Hydrolyzed Whey doesn't actually increase absorption rates, that's just all marketing. It is however, good for people who have digestion or gastrointestinal issues as it's easier to digest. Get a protein that tastes nice, is cheap and doesn't contain any shíte fillers. Any of the bulk powder websites fit this bill. If you wanted to buy in brick and mortar then ROS Nutrition Blue Label Whey is a good shout.

Oisín

Cheers.

I went from the Impact Whey Isolate again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

dor843088 wrote: »
    Whey for convenience , 3g fish oil , 5g creatine and a multi vit is all you need for great results

Is that 3g the EPA/DHA count?

Advertisement