Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

40% off IBCAA ay my protein in their stick or twist offer.

Will be 45% off tomorror if its still there.

30Euro for a kilo! Damn!

Code "stickie" for ROI customers

http://www.myprotein.com/all-offers/stick-or-twist.list?menu=a?utm_source=fb-product&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SOCIAL-product&affil=thgsocial

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Quick question - what amino acids do people use?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

john_cappa wrote: »

30Euro for a kilo! Damn!

http://www.myprotein.com/all-offers/stick-or-twist.list?menu=a?utm_source=fb-product&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SOCIAL-product&affil=thgsocial

damn is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

john_cappa wrote: »

30Euro for a kilo! Damn!

I'm still not even nearly finished with the last batch of BCAA I got for a song off myprotein but the cheapskate in me can't refuse this offer.

2 kilos please

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

Hey all, hope I'm in the right area. Basically I'm thinking of taking supplements, I guess I'm what you would call a 'hardgainer' and would be looking to pick up supplements which would be high in calories. I've looked at fitness Ireland and looked at all the values of various supplements. I've never bought any before and I'm basically wondering is there any to avoid? Are they trust worthy?

I just want to make sure if I'm to put these things in my body as well as spend hard earned money that they do what they say on the tin.

I'll link some of the supplements I was looking at. I'll welcome other suggestions.

http://www.fitnessireland.ie/boditronics-mass-attack-juggernaut-4000g.html

http://www.fitnessireland.ie/maximuscle-progain.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

No such thing as a hard gainer, you just don't eat enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

n1ck wrote: »
    No such thing as a hard gainer, you just don't eat enough.

Well put it this way, I HAVE gained weight through eating. But over the last two months I've been finding it hard to put on any more. I think a shake might help. If I see improvements I'' continue buying. If I don't I'll look at other methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Well put it this way, I HAVE gained weight through eating. But over the last two months I've been finding it hard to put on any more. I think a shake might help. If I see improvements I'' continue buying. If I don't I'll look at other methods.

just increase your calories by 10% and you should see gains. When this stops working then increase by a further 10% and so on. This can be done by shakes or by simply eating more food

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Discount supplements just posted

I don't even know what the first two are, but a lot of people here seem to get excited about craze.

They increase heart rate and blood pressure apparently, I don't know why anyone would be into that.

I used to take BSN No Xplode.. It was a quick hit and the come down was horrible.. Started taking Craze and I find there's no 'hit' as such.. It's more a prolonged focus.. And doesn't give me that anxious come down that others did..

Popped into Discount Supplements for a pre workout fuel(to replace the Craze) and got some stuff called 'C4'...

Anyone tried it yet??

• Advertisement

ColmH81 wrote: »
    Popped into Discount Supplements for a pre workout fuel(to replace the Craze) and got some stuff called 'C4'...

Anyone tried it yet??

Havent tried it but theres alot of hype about it. Throw up a review when you take some

chriity139 wrote: »
    Havent tried it but theres alot of hype about it. Throw up a review when you take some

Will do.. Gonna give it a whirl tomorrow... Hopefully won't be a jittery mess.. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Might pop in and get some of this on Wednesday before I go the gym let us know how you get on :).

On the discount supplements website it has great reviews.

http://www.discountsupplements.ie/pre-workout/cellucor-c4-177g-model-cellucor

Will do.. Gonna give it a whirl tomorrow... Hopefully won't be a jittery mess.. Ha

Be prepared for the tingling sensation due to the beta alanine :D

Be prepared for the tingling sensation due to the beta alanine :D

Tingly sensation just kicked in.. Love it.. Just about to hit the gym now, so will report back...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Would be very interested to hear people's opinions on either ON Amino Energy or Kinetica Pre-Fuel.

Do the majority of my gym work circa 6am before work (intense cardio - be it a 10KM fast run or spin, etc) so would be keen to have something to give me that extra push. Not interested in Craze replacements, etc!

Have a few samples of Kinetica Pre-Fuel which I took this morning - unsure how effective it was / was it the 7 hours sleep I got for once!

Thanks

hada wrote: »
    Would be very interested to hear people's opinions on either ON Amino Energy or Kinetica Pre-Fuel.

Do the majority of my gym work circa 6am before work (intense cardio - be it a 10KM fast run or spin, etc) so would be keen to have something to give me that extra push. Not interested in Craze replacements, etc!

Have a few samples of Kinetica Pre-Fuel which I took this morning - unsure how effective it was / was it the 7 hours sleep I got for once!

Thanks

Have tried amino acids before, they just make you a small bit more focused than usual. If your doing long sessions they may help with energy after the first hour.

I used on amino acids when I was studying for my final exams in college.

Have tried amino acids before, they just make you a small bit more focused than usual. If your doing long sessions they may help with energy after the first hour.

I used on amino acids when I was studying for my final exams in college.

Would Amino acids be an idea for pre-rugby matches??

So tried the C4 Extreme(green apple flavour) today before the gym... Just took one scoop to gauge tolerance... Took it 40 mins before work out... Head tingle kicked in about 10mins later(love that feeling)... So hit the gym, still buzzing.. Workout was solid, tingle disappeared after about 30mins, but focus remained... Did a good hour and felt like I could have done more...

Nearly 2hrs after taking the C4, and no horrendous crash, and not a jittery mess.... Could be the Craze replacement I need...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Has anyone tried caffeine as a preworkout ? I took 400mg and found it gave me a great kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

So tried the C4 Extreme(green apple flavour) today before the gym... Just took one scoop to gauge tolerance... Took it 40 mins before work out... Head tingle kicked in about 10mins later(love that feeling)... So hit the gym, still buzzing.. Workout was solid, tingle disappeared after about 30mins, but focus remained... Did a good hour and felt like I could have done more...

Nearly 2hrs after taking the C4, and no horrendous crash, and not a jittery mess.... Could be the Craze replacement I need...

Sounds good to me.

Do a take it you might be trying it before rugby training too and not just for the gym? Let me know how it goes with the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

KTRIC wrote: »
    Has anyone tried caffeine as a preworkout ? I took 400mg and found it gave me a great kick.

I think nearly all pre-workout supplements contain caffeine to some extent. Some of them are nearly all caffeine, like 80-90%.

I have seen comments in this thread (maybe 20-30 pages back) from people who highly recommended pure caffeine tablets (with a coffee) before a workout for a similar pre-workout buzz as the other pre-supplements.

Sounds good to me.

Do a take it you might be trying it before rugby training too and not just for the gym? Let me know how it goes with the rugby.

Only downside I can see with taking it pre-rugby training is the potential lack of sleep after.. haha... Craze says avoid 6hrs before bed, so I'd assume this is the same.. Might be a winner on game days though.. Will try it before a game and report back..

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Only downside I can see with taking it pre-rugby training is the potential lack of sleep after.. haha... Craze says avoid 6hrs before bed, so I'd assume this is the same.. Might be a winner on game days though.. Will try it before a game and report back..

Taking Vitamin C after workouts is supposed to help if taking pre workouts late. I didn't notice much difference personally but I know some people who swear by it if training in the evening or at night.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Might pick up some C4 at weekend in Terenure. I have been looking to give another PWO a go.

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Taking Vitamin C after workouts is supposed to help if taking pre workouts late. I didn't notice much difference personally but I know some people who swear by it if training in the evening or at night.

Oisín

Might give that a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I really need to cycle off stims for at least 4 to 6 weeks, 400 Mgs of caffeine or a pre workout does nothing for me anymore.

I want too experience this high again ! Everyone remembers their first hit :)

I really need to cycle off stims for at least 4 to 6 weeks, 400 Mgs of caffeine or a pre workout does nothing for me anymore.

I want too experience this high again ! Everyone remembers their first hit :)

You know it's bad when you can't feel the effects.. Probably should take a fortnight or something off myself.. ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

You know it's bad when you can't feel the effects.. Probably should take a fortnight or something off myself.. ha

I blame my job had a serious addiction on suger free monster for a good month . I pretty much convinced myself I needed a can a day to function, That's built my tollerance right up.

2 weeks won't do it mate , you could be looking at least 4 weeks maybe 6. Start back with a small dosage and work your way up dont start on a big 200mg scoop of pwo trust me , start with half a scoop work ur way up because if you reset your tollerance correctly it should hit you like a train. :)

• Advertisement

Preworkouts dont generally affect me and i have no tolerance built up on them.

Have tried grenade twice, 2 scoops of craze, on amino energy and honestly felt nothing really special from them.

As for caffeine tolerance, I shouldnt have any as I never intake caffeine.

Advertisement