Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Standing at the Luas stop on Jervis Street (Dublin) this morning chugging my protein shake after a work out and an old man sitting beside me looks me up and down and exclaims out loud "bloody drugs" !!! :pac:

All I could do is laugh...........

as i tore his head off in a roid fuel anger !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've decided to give Discount supplements own brand protein a shot. It's a blend..... I like blends.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    I've decided to give Discount supplements own brand protein a shot. It's a blend..... I like blends.

Whats it called ?

Received my myprotein.com order and surprise surprise a big hole in the the box !! I took a pick before I opened it and thankfully everything was ok inside.

It was the last order I place with them !!

• Advertisement

They're awful, bulkpowders or the proteinworks seem to be better alternatives.

They're awful, bulkpowders or the proteinworks seem to be better alternatives.

Just spent a half hour comparing prices from bulkpowders and myprotein, BP are shockingly cheap on some items versus MP. What with all the problems we're having with MP I think i'll give BP my custom from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

KTRIC wrote: »
    Just spent a half hour comparing prices from bulkpowders and myprotein, BP are shockingly cheap on some items versus MP. What with all the problems we're having with MP I think i'll give BP my custom from now on.

I use bulkpowders all the time now, but Ironscience are also another good alternative! Good prices and customer support is great! I had an issue with taste with one of their whey proteins and they gave me a full refund and a free shaker with my next order for the issue! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

I use bulkpowders all the time now, but Ironscience are also another good alternative! Good prices and customer support is great! I had an issue with taste with one of their whey proteins and they gave me a full refund and a free shaker with my next order for the issue! :)

Just about to order off myprotein when I noticed your post. Bulkpowders are cheaper alright.

Would they be as good as if not better than myprotein in terms of quality?
    and
    Are they any discount codes or free delivery codes to Ireland?

Cheers

Just about to order off myprotein when I noticed your post. Bulkpowders are cheaper alright.

Would they be as good as if not better than myprotein in terms of quality?
    and
    Are they any discount codes or free delivery codes to Ireland?

Cheers

I much prefer their products if im honest! Delighted i switched, MyProtein do stock certain things that bulkpowders don't though like tribulus and some other things that can be hard to find but overall i find them great and delivery is always bang on time too, usually about 4 working days!

here's my referral code: DW41409

That will get you a 5r off your first order! :)

• Advertisement

I much prefer their products if im honest! Delighted i switched, MyProtein do stock certain things that bulkpowders don't though like tribulus and some other things that can be hard to find but overall i find them great and delivery is always bang on time too, usually about 4 working days!

here's my referral code: DW41409

That will get you a 5r off your first order! :)

Cheers Dude, much appreciated.

Cheers Dude, much appreciated.

No Problem :)

edit: Another thing, with regards to deliver if you use "parcel motel" for delivery i think your first 3 deliveries only cost 2 euro or something, i cant remember exactly i've been using them for ages now! Really great because sometimes these companies ship free in the uk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Parcel motel gives the first two deliveries free then it is €3.50 per delivery after that.

n1ck wrote: »
    Parcel motel gives the first two deliveries free then it is €3.50 per delivery after that.

Cheers Mate did that.

Also found out for £10 off code TENOFF (30th exp June)

No Problem :)

edit: Another thing, with regards to deliver if you use "parcel motel" for delivery i think your first 3 deliveries only cost 2 euro or something, i cant remember exactly i've been using them for ages now! Really great because sometimes these companies ship free in the uk!

Delivery is only free to no uk mailand when you spend £200 or more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Anyone have any issues with the size of a supplement delivery fitting in a Parcel Motel ?

Delivery is only free to no uk mailand when you spend £200 or more!

That must be new, when i signed up i got my first couple of deliveries for free? i use the Antrim address so its still considered within the uk so even now i still only pay €3.50 for all my deliveries which is quite good imo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Had a look in Dunnes on my way home this evening for the Two Chicks egg whites. They're 4.50 for a 500g carton. Far too expensive for what it is.

Dathai wrote: »
    Had a look in Dunnes on my way home this evening for the Two Chicks egg whites. They're 4.50 for a 500g carton. Far too expensive for what it is.

a little pricey alright, I'd use them when i'm feelin lazy or something. maybe some other supermarkets have them cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

a little pricey alright, I'd use them when i'm feelin lazy or something. maybe some other supermarkets have them cheaper?

Whats cheaper two chicks carton or say 18 eggs from lidl when whites are separated ? Anyone know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

dor843088 wrote: »
    Whats cheaper two chicks carton or say 18 eggs from lidl when whites are separated ? Anyone know

I know that 18 eggs from Tesco works out far cheaper than the carton of two-chicks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

DL Saint wrote: »
    I know that 18 eggs from Tesco works out far cheaper than the carton of two-chicks...

....... But are they equal?

No they are not as te two chick whites are pasteurised which makes them far different. They also have thickener added ( makes them handy if you are making a cake but terrible if you are making a protein shake).

The two chick ones are pasteurised meanin you can eat then raw with close to 100 bio availability of the protein content. Same as any liquid egg white you purchase on a carton (bulk powders are far cheaper that two chicks for example).

To compare raw eggs while from tesco or also etc u have to include the hassle of cookin them into the equation. Egg whites separated from raw eggs have to be cooked to achieve the same bioavailability of the protein content of the egg whites bought in a carton. So compare like with like before you make up your mind.

To conclude.

Liquid egg white is a great source of protein.
    If comparing liquid egg whites to eggs bought and seperated from eggs then you must take the cost (in terms of financial cost and time/convenience cost) into account.
    If you do decide to take on separating whole eggs as a viable alternative to buying liquid eggs whites then don't throw away the yokes. The egg yokes are full of protein, healthy fats, and all the vitamins and minerals ( basically if you are discarding any thing let it be the white rather than the yoke)
    Eat as many whole eggs per day as you want if you want. "Popular" research is outdated ad misquoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

john_cappa wrote: »
    ....... But are they equal?

No they are not as te two chick whites are pasteurised which makes them far different. They also have thickener added ( makes them handy if you are making a cake but terrible if you are making a protein shake).

The two chick ones are pasteurised meanin you can eat then raw with close to 100 bio availability of the protein content. Same as any liquid egg white you purchase on a carton (bulk powders are far cheaper that two chicks for example).

To compare raw eggs while from tesco or also etc u have to include the hassle of cookin them into the equation. Egg whites separated from raw eggs have to be cooked to achieve the same bioavailability of the protein content of the egg whites bought in a carton. So compare like with like before you make up your mind.

To conclude.

Liquid egg white is a great source of protein.
    If comparing liquid egg whites to eggs bought and seperated from eggs then you must take the cost (in terms of financial cost and time/convenience cost) into account.
    If you do decide to take on separating whole eggs as a viable alternative to buying liquid eggs whites then don't throw away the yokes. The egg yokes are full of protein, healthy fats, and all the vitamins and minerals ( basically if you are discarding any thing let it be the white rather than the yoke)
    Eat as many whole eggs per day as you want if you want. "Popular" research is outdated ad misquoted.

Yeah fair enough, but the poster literally asked which method was cheaper and I responded. There was no reason for you to write an essay on egg whites and eggs. There are tonnes of threads on this forum with that kind of info anyway. This thread is about supplements after all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

DL Saint wrote: »
    Yeah fair enough, but the poster literally asked which method was cheaper and I responded. There was no reason for you to write an essay on egg whites and eggs. There are tonnes of threads on this forum with that kind of info anyway. This thread is about supplements after all :rolleyes:

Did my post upset u that u need the rolleyes smiley and sarcastic tone? I apologise for offending if so.

The arrogance in this forum is so ****. You literally can't be helpful if your not in the "group" of people who post regularly and **** over each other posts.

john_cappa wrote: »
    Did my post upset u that u need the rolleyes smiley and sarcastic tone? I apologise for offending if so.

The arrogance in this forum is so ****. You literally can't be helpful if your not in the "group" of people who post regularly and **** over each other posts.

Its funny cos its true. The dick riding and arrogance on here is unreal . Lmfao.

Anyone here ever use controlled labs greens? I got some the other day and it has a worrying warning on the back hah apparently it's some mad California law.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Say if i buy Unflavoured protein powders and add something like choco powder or a vanilla essence flavouring myself will it change the protein level of the shake?
    MP flavoured shakes havee reduced levels of protein than unflavoured powders..

It's very slight though isn't it? I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes If I get some horrible tasting protein I throw in some of that nesquik milkshake powder, stuff is a life saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

5/6 % i think,slight yes but is it a few euro cheaper to get unflavoured,how stink is it?
    Flavour doesn't bother me as i can skull the shake but if it tastes like wet sawdust that is just too much

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I can get jekyl and hyde preworkout ?

Advertisement