Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFOLOGY Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Were these sightings reported anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

i am not sure

Ok but where did you hear about these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is an awful lot up in the night sky atm and it would behove those who are looking for ET to bone up on what is out there and what is already known be it shuttle, space station or meteors.

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

http://www.heavens-above.com/
    THE FOLLOWING International Space Station
    SIGHTINGS ARE POSSIBLE FROM THU AUG 09 TO TUE AUG 21 in DUBLIN IRELAND

ISS Thu Aug 09/10:30 PM
    DURATION MAX ELEV APPROACH DEPARTURE
    5 60 10 above W 15 above E

ISS Fri Aug 10/00:05 AM
    1 22 10 above W 22 above WSW

ISS Fri Aug 10/10:52 PM
    4 55 10 above W 28 above ESE

ISS Sat Aug 11/09:40 PM
    5 60 10 above W 12 above E

ISS Sat Aug 11/11:15 PM
    3 38 10 above W 38 above SSW

ISS Sun Aug 12/10:02 PM
    5 55 10 above W 12 above ESE

ISS Sun Aug 12/11:38 PM
    1 18 11 above W 18 above WSW

ISS Mon Aug 13/10:25 PM
    4 39 10 above W 23 above SE

ISS Tue Aug 14/10:48 PM
    2 23 11 above W 23 above SSW

ISS Wed Aug 15/09:36 PM
    5 39 15 above W 10 above SE

ISS Wed Aug 15/11:11 PM
    1 12 10 above WSW 12 above SW

ISS Thu Aug 16/09:58 PM
    4 24 12 above W 13 above SSE

ISS Fri Aug 17/10:21 PM
    2 13 10 above WSW 11 above SSW

ISS Sun Aug 19/09:31 PM
    3 13 10 above WSW 10 above S

Shuttle
    THE FOLLOWING SHUTTLE SIGHTINGS ARE POSSIBLE FROM THU AUG 09 TO WED AUG 22
    From DUBLIN IRELAND

SHUTTLE Thu Aug 09/10:33 PM

4min 59 11 above W 18 above ESE

SHUTTLE Fri Aug 10/00:07 AM
    1 19 10 above W 19 above WSW

SHUTTLE Fri Aug 10/10:52 PM
    4 55 10 above W 28 above ESE

SHUTTLE Sat Aug 11/09:40 PM
    5 60 10 above W 12 above E

SHUTTLE Sat Aug 11/11:15 PM
    3 38 10 above W 38 above SSW

SHUTTLE Sun Aug 12/10:02 PM
    5 55 10 above W 12 above ESE

SHUTTLE Sun Aug 12/11:38 PM
    1 18 11 above W 18 above WSW

SHUTTLE Mon Aug 13/10:25 PM
    4 39 10 above W 23 above SE

SHUTTLE Tue Aug 14/10:47 PM
    2 23 11 above W 23 above SSW

SHUTTLE Wed Aug 15/09:35 PM
    5 40 15 above W 10 above SE

SHUTTLE Wed Aug 15/11:10 PM
    1 12 10 above WSW 12 above SW

SHUTTLE Thu Aug 16/09:57 PM
    4 24 10 above W 13 above SSE

SHUTTLE Fri Aug 17/10:20 PM
    2 13 10 above WSW 11 above SSW

SHUTTLE Sun Aug 19/09:30 PM
    3 13 10 above WSW 10 above S

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hi hoes and whatnot.

Was out on Donabate the other night, seen a light, like a large star moving swiftly across the sky. Wasnt a plane....

.....it was

the International Space Station . Thead is right, there is alot up there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭pvt. joker

Ziycon wrote:
    I have to say that i haven't heard anything about the increase of ufo activity! Can you elaborate on this please?

i'll try to give the short version. IN the US a few months ago people took pictures of various "drone" type UFOs. The pics were very detailed and immediately suspected to be CGI. It's been months and no proof can be found yet. On top of that, a mystery person named "Isaac" saw some of the pictures and recognized the writing on the drones. He claims to have worked on similar technology as a contract worker for the gov't in the 80's. It's a fascinating story and even if it's a hoax, all the facts check out and no holes have been discovered yet.

Start in this forum in the thread titled "#1 - MYSTERY of the DRONES -SOLVED??? - ASK ISAAC". There's about 4 or 5 of those threads in ascending order

http://ufocasebook.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=drone

At the same time in the UK a giant crop circle appeared in a field that was being recorded. The circle appeared in less than 90 minutes. The main camera ran out of film, but the infrared camera that was running didn't catch any heat signatures, only a brief flash. Since that time a few more circles have appeared and certain analysis points out that they are trying to convey the date 8/18/08 which is next saturday.

Start at www.earthfiles.com and go to the bottom of the page. There's about 4 or 5 articles about these circles.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It does seem like there is a lot more UFO news recently, especially regarding quite credible sightings. Two that immediatly come to mind are the large UFOs spotted over the channel islands recently, and the UFO that was reported over O'Hare airport near the start of the year.

I've also seen this video taken in Haiti reported a lot the last few days.

It does look a little funny, the perspective doesn't seem quite right, almost as if they're using something small and close to look like something bigger further away. Then again I think it would be pretty difficult to get a remote controlled aircraft of that shape to fly at those kind of speed. It could well be CGI but nothing in it looks obviously CGI to me, and the auto-focusing of the camera as it zooms looks authentic enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭pvt. joker

stevenmu wrote:
    It does seem like there is a lot more UFO news recently, especially regarding quite credible sightings. Two that immediatly come to mind are the large UFOs spotted over the channel islands recently, and the UFO that was reported over O'Hare airport near the start of the year.

It does look a little funny, the perspective doesn't seem quite right, almost as if they're using something small and close to look like something bigger further away. Then again I think it would be pretty difficult to get a remote controlled aircraft of that shape to fly at those kind of speed. It could well be CGI but nothing in it looks obviously CGI to me, and the auto-focusing of the camera as it zooms looks authentic enough.

if you look at other videos linked on youtube, it's a definite hoax. The same person did one for the dominican republic also iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

stevenmu wrote:

Nice videos, don't buy them at all, for there is very little movement in the trees as the objects pass over!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

............and if you pay attention to both of the 'ufos' as they disappear into the distance, they both seem to be synchronized in their movements. Looks like someone was lazy and used the one image twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

6th wrote:
    Ok but where did you hear about these?
    I heard about the Co.Down one on sky news and then on that newsround yolk on bbc

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nitefox

Hi Kernel and everybody how ye?. ya i have heard from sourcs that there ufo's are coming now because this time next something going happen on earth so that's crop circle thery trying to gaves a date and meassages and certain analysis points out that they are trying to convey the date 8/18/08 that's next year pvt. joker said last week so i am saying just made a misstake.So i Have seen lightes in the disten i live in cabra near the phox park i see them alot and we have to to more about ufos and because everybody what's to hide it so if people want start something on this and paranormal etc pm ok.

6th wrote:
    Were these sightings reported anywhere?
    Heres the bbc report
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9lrbJkEnVU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

It's amazing that now everybody has a mobile phone with a camera there are less sightings of UFO's strange that.

What are your stats based on as a mater of interest? Are you talking about just in Ireland? Over how many years? What percentage have the sightings fallen by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭smirkingmaurice

Uncle said he once saw one of them ufo's over a football field while an u-12 county final was taking place. It hovered for about 10 seconds and then shot off. The ref collapsed and the game had to be put back to the following saturday. Uncle thought everyone saw it but when he started asking people about the horseshoe like craft in the sky people just laughed. He reckons ref must have seen something but is afraid to talk about it. My uncle is called "E.T" now which he isn't exactly pleased with,wish people would speak out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Yea, it's not uninteresting - a neighbour of mine once seen a Flying Saucer out her back around Bonfire night in the mid-Eighties - she's still adamant that it flew over the clothes line,kinda did a u-turn round about the drain pipe and disappeared - now,she's neither reputable nor disreputable but I always insisted on holding my council for the sake of good neighbourly relations if nothing else- by the way,ITV were showing the Sci-Fi series 'V' at the time...She really should have bought a Semi-detached in Boyle while prices were still reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭smirkingmaurice

Had a friend once who claimed he had a close encounter of the first kind but to be honest i wouldn't believe much from him because hes a dope head. Reckoned 2 freaks called to his door one night. Incidently this was halloween night as well,1992, reckons they were too small to be children, about 2 foot high with huge heads. Asked him what did they say or do, he said they did nothing, just looked at him and walked off. Stupid story I know but I reckon lot of dopeheads kind of see these things, make you wonder about this kind of mass subconscious some people say we can tap into every now and again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 newireland

Dear readers,

I am a recent muslim covert and I think that, rather than expecting little green men to jump out of ufo's, maybe a true blessing shall emerge from the skies. My husband, who out of respect I shall not name, once said that if allah was to return it would be "from the clouds bearing semblances of authority in our name". I believe you are good people but it is disrespectful to even recognise the existence of other beings as there can only be one true species for allah to overlook

• Advertisement

newireland wrote: »
    Dear readers,

I am a recent muslim covert and I think that, rather than expecting little green men to jump out of ufo's, maybe a true blessing shall emerge from the skies. My husband, who out of respect I shall not name, once said that if allah was to return it would be "from the clouds bearing semblances of authority in our name". I believe you are good people but it is disrespectful to even recognise the existence of other beings as there can only be one true species for allah to overlook
    Its not being disrespectful, its a belief, the same way you believe that allah is the only being looking over everyone and everything. It is also a lot more reasonable that there are others beings in space as there are thousands of species on earth that grew from microscopic bacteria, microscopic bacteria was found in a meteoroid from mars awhile back so its much more plausible that there are other beings out there, they don't necessarily have to be little green men though!

Its ok, the troll was banned. A returning user who was going around stirring in different fora.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

Ziycon wrote: »
    Interesting, but if the coastguard reported seeing them, why where the coastguard out? Is it possible they where rescue flares? Rescue flares are known to hang in the air for a good bit!

Id imagine it was a CoastGuard Station. Also flares dont "hang" for too long infact your looking at about 10/12 seconds if less.

Id imagine it was a CoastGuard Station. Also flares dont "hang" for too long infact your looking at about 10/12 seconds if less.
    I know, but they hang log enough for someone to think at a glance that its not moving or moving very slow, obviously its very hard to say anything in regard to this as none of us where there and don't know the circumstances surrounding the incident!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Womoma banned

Yes, i got some reports about these sightings through ufo-ireland.com, interesting to say the least, only down the road from myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Fascinating stuff isn't it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

last year i was waiting on my girlfriend i was sitting in my car she was getting ready it was around 9oclock at night when i seen these strange lights there were about 7 or 8 lights floating over some trees it was the weirdest thing i ever seen they where bright orange lights the seem to come down just over the trees stay there for a few mins then just float away the just seemed to follow each other perfectly in a straight line:confused: has any one else seen these lights:confused:

• Advertisement

last year i was waiting on my girlfriend i was sitting in my car she was getting ready it was around 9oclock at night when i seen these strange lights there were about 7 or 8 lights floating over some trees it was the weirdest thing i ever seen they where bright orange lights the seem to come down just over the trees stay there for a few mins then just float away the just seemed to follow each other perfectly in a straight line:confused: has any one else seen these lights:confused:
    Can you give a bit more detail as to where(location wise) you saw these lights??

Advertisement