Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFOLOGY Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A less tabloidy version of the story...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7465041.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

dsmythy wrote: »

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

lol they are coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The sun eh? Once they are all page three aliens im happy.

"you make me wish I had three hands"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

A UFO expert says the latest reported sighting over a military base in Shropshire should be enough to prompt a formal inquiry into Britain's airspace security.

Nick Pope, who used to work for the Ministry of Defence's UFO project, has viewed recent footage filmed by a soldier at the Tern Hill barracks and said "it's all getting very interesting".

It follows a series of UFO sightings across Wales last week.

In one incident, a police helicopter was forced to swerve sharply as it was apparently 'buzzed' by a strange craft.

Full Story: SkyNews
    Interesting story but as with all mass media you can't believe a thing they say!

• Advertisement

Anyone gotten their hands on the UFO documents released under the FOIA by the Defence Forces?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 closeencounter

Hi guys, i recently reported a sighting to the irish ufo society and have not got a reply from them since, is there anywhere i can report a serious sighting and possibly get some feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hi guys, i recently reported a sighting to the irish ufo society and have not got a reply from them since, is there anywhere i can report a serious sighting and possibly get some feedback?

Nope.............Besides here:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 closeencounter

thanks lads il post it up on that forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A funny UFO story from Britain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7489457.stm

A flying object was reported to South Wales police on the 999 service. The police went to investigate and discovered what the object was.

The moon... :)

A funny UFO story from Britain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7489457.stm

A flying object was reported to South Wales police on the 999 service. The police went to investigate and discovered what the object was.

The moon... :)

Classic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

Zillah wrote: »
    Quite correct. The author of the article really doesn't understand the situation. And didn't even hesitate to refer to the "spaceship".

Referring back to the alleged UFO sighting over Chernobyl. Actually the author is a little confused yes (commenting that half of Europe would have blown up if there had been a nuclear blast at the plant).
    However the author wrote that the UFO was seen shining a light on the 3rd? reactor preventing it from overheating, reducing the radiation.
    Essentially the authors understanding of this point is correct. The rods in the reactor core undergo spontaneous chain reaction if the cooling liquid is removed. The radiation and heat builds up to such a level that they will melt through the bottom of the reactor core and acheive uncontrolled fission. I have seen the discovery program about the Chernobyl incident and it is well known that it could have been much worse had this event occurred.

During the Chernobyl recovery operation there were helicopters over the reactor trying to reduce the heat and stop the uncontrolled reaction (they subsequently all died from radiation sickness). This may have been mistaken for ET UFO. The reactors would also emitted radiation in the form of light and ionised gas and fires in the surrounding plant.

I recieved a copy of the UFO documents from the Defence Forces this morning, haven't had a chance to look at them properly yet but there is some interesting bit and pieces that i had a glance at. I'll let you know more once i've had a proper look at them.

Ziycon wrote: »
    I recieved a copy of the UFO documents from the Defence Forces this morning, haven't had a chance to look at them properly yet but there is some interesting bit and pieces that i had a glance at. I'll let you know more once i've had a proper look at them.

Did you just ask them to send you a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Was out watching for meteors/shooting stars earlier with the wife when we both spotted the following three objects in the sky. The first one I thought was a satellite (moving slightly faster though than a satellite) that's what I thought up until it grew bigger, brighter and change direction :eek: :confused:.

The second objects we saw has just left us even more baffled, check out my drawings below of what happened, anyone any ideas ? This happened tonight 10/08/2008 at 00:39 & 00:42am NW.

ufo1cc2.jpg

ufo2da0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

6th wrote: »
    does nobody else notice they are streetlights??? and the extra little background light and long lights are lens and camera flaws! lol

i believe as much as the next person, but come on, its stuff like this that gives ufo sightings and enthusiasts a bad name.

actually, the sky has been crazy the last few nights. lots of strange lights following each other around far above the atmosphere. not just in straight lines! and a lot of shooting stars. far above average. sure, a few were satellites of some form or another, but i don't know what the rest were!

i googled ufo sightings in my local area and ive only found 2 so far. i do know of some people that have seen some things ufo oriented in the area, and lets just say they are not mentally the same as they were before!

did anybody see the iss last week? kinda cool i suppose.

anyways, it would be pretty naive to think that life doesn't exist anywhere else in the universe. but i am a tad skeptical as to the frequency of reported sightings and abductions.

given the number of noted alien species, the number of noted craft, its a bit mad that they would all be visiting in random homemade craft!
    and with the media popularisation its really hard to weed out the truth. but if their were a large amount of sightings of one type of craft over the years, along with one type of alien species (with notable description, not just big head and eyes), then proper classification could come about.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

thats similar to what was happening last night. last week i seen an object like that, get super large then retract and dissapear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Anyone here watch the Zone Reality channel? They are running a UFO weekend. It's available FTA (Free to Air) on satellite, so if you have one of these dishes and receivers you should be able to pick it up, it's on Sky too. The entire programming is very good if you're interested in UFO's, the unexplained etc... They run the UFO days regularly. Some programmes are a bit hammy but some are very well made. Recently they had on a documentary about Area51 very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Due to the fact that I am fascinated by the subject I recorded an electronic album based on the UFO conspiracy agenda. One of the songs is called '2012' which is based on the 'Mayan' prediction. Another song is called 'Discovery' and so forth. Each song was named after elements of space.

You can view the video I made here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRx_quNeys

I took extracts from the disclosed NASA footage of thousands of ufo's swarming around the electricity pole that was stationed in space.

The album is on iTunes under the search bar just type ' the elektrik pulse' , I only just released it so you may like it if you are interested in ufo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Ziycon wrote: »
    How did you go about getting them and how much did it cost you ?

hellboy99 wrote: »

+1

hellboy99 wrote: »
    They're not worth it, cost €15 as they are available and they dont have to go to the archives. They're area a few garda reports and pages with sections missing and blacked out details, all signatures have been removed as well, nothing of use really!

Its been a while since this thread has been used. Any sightings lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

hey Lads im like a fish out of water in here but i was wondering if any of you were involved with this
    http://www.ufoi.org/index.htm

have to say i like it,,i havent got a clue about UFO,s but i read some of the post there very intresting indeed,,if you are here well done and about time

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BuliBuli9

interested in ufos ever since i read geogina brunei's book on rendlesham forest incident, my friend recently told me about how her mother and her brother who both saw something they couldnt explain in Clare.. Heres the video which is really high quality

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=agFCFTbwXw0

does anyone have knowledge of what this could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    hey Lads im like a fish out of water in here but i was wondering if any of you were involved with this
    http://www.ufoi.org/index.htm

have to say i like it,,i havent got a clue about UFO,s but i read some of the post there very intresting indeed,,if you are here well done and about time

Looks like its Ziycons new site. Well done Ziycon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Cool nice to see someone we know ,,,way to go Ziycon

Advertisement