Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Xmas 2004

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

This Polar Low that Weathercheck speaks of, how likely is it to affect places like North Leinster? :cough:LOUTH:cough:

How bad could this snow get? I've also noticed that the NRA measuring station on the Dunleer bypass is indicating falling temperatures. At 10 AM it was 0.5 celsius and road temp is now -1.1 celsius.

Fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Yep, sleety hail faling here in Dublin (Killester).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

It's snow now but it's not lieing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Snow's getting a lot heavier here, I'm near town. Still not sticking though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that wud be the shower that just passed me! its all over again here and the sun is starting to come out and a thaw is setting in:( we'll need a good few decent snow showers here today to keep that snow on the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dotsie~tmp wrote:
    Large cloud mass to NW northside Dublin just moving in quickly, sky looks that solid brightish grey. Snow slightly and definatley getting heavier as i type moving sse id guess.

Yep, I'm in Tallaght and it's really starting to come down again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ye south Dublin and Wiclow will do well out of that shower
    i scraped a 15 minute snow shower out of the edge
    of it so not so bad..and still that feature to the north
    grows and threatens... Areas within the PL are
    reporting falls of 7cm's p/h!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No snow in Tramore anyway :/ Apparently we had snow showers but I was in bed so didnt bloody well notice! :/ Snow better come down here, tho the sun is out so probs wont stick. Heavy clouds over the sea, but not really over the town itself!

- Sully

Starting to snow here again just west of Arklow in South co Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

just started snowing again, 1.5c arklow by-pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

In the past 20 mins the sky above me has become totally grey and snow is falling pretty heavy, not much of a wind behind it do so not really acumlating but a pretty sight, if theres a hard frost later the roads will be like ice rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Well it seems the WCC secret impenetrable snow shield which covers Bray and environs is still holding out! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Blue skies to the north, wind died down a bit. 2°C.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

White Christmas in Cavan and still snowing fairly heavily :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

snow flakes in Dungarvan

if it stays like that i would be happy, snow makes me physically sick you see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Wet snow showers in Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

There was some snow in Galway, but it stopped now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

We keep getting the odd snow shower but it wont lie, its bitterly disappointing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowing heavy again in dunshaughlin, co, meath.... its prolly only a quick 10 minute shower but north dublin can expect this shower to hit them in about 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Oh wait it seems to be snowing in Galway again, it's very light snow though:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Still awaiting snow in Tramore :/ Do they know its Christmas time down here at all?! ;P

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Just started snowing in Drogheda. Not too heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowing again in Rathgar, coming down nicely :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Yoda wrote:
    White here in Westport. The snow is largish spheres, not quite hail. You can see the grass through it... but a white Christmas it is!

Bah humbug, no snow in my corner of Achill. Incredibly stormy though.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

As Eth0 said, it's snowing in Drogheda although at the mo its very light and is barely halting the inevitable :( - the melting of the snow. Any further updates on the Polar Low situation? Is it on course to strike late this afternoon and who will be affected?

been snowing solidly for past 30 minutes here and dublin will get it very soon if not already... this is a decent prolonged snow shower... great stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

snowny now in clondalking, sth dub descent size flakes but ground too wet for it to stick. :cool: just checking some other weather sites too and thunder spells forecasted :O http://www.freedata.meteorologica.co.uk/freedata_lightning.htm

lol how about someone sends some snow to me in the post, and ill put it out in the garden :P lol

- Sully ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Hal1 wrote:
    snowny now in clondalking, sth dub descent size flakes but ground too wet for it to stick. :cool: just checking some other weather sites too and thunder spells forecasted :O http://www.freedata.meteorologica.co.uk/freedata_lightning.htm

Almost forgot, we had a short but deafening thunderstorm at about 3am. Huge hailshower now. Hills look great so I might get a photo when it's over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Again im feeding off the edge of showers.

The PL is on course and should be in NI by around 4pm
    the problem is that theres a warm core associated with the
    feature and may make the snow very wet and turn it to sleet
    in some areas, although the core is likely to be off shore.
    Whatever happens there'll be alot of precip and gales
    in Eastern Ulster and Much of Leinster this evening :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement