Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Xmas 2004

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Snow is belting down here in Killester. Lets hope it's like this for the night. :D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Nice white covering now on the road and cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Snow isn't sticking on the roads here, just on the cars.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thers an extra inch on the ground in hte past half hour here in dunshaughlin, no grass to be seen anywhere, everythings covered... snow is now light tho but it cud get heavy again any moment. this looks like the heaviest snow ive seen since 2001 definitely but it was an easy target we've had hardly any snow since then anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

25122004a.jpg
    25122004b.jpg
    25122004c.jpg
    25122004d.jpg

Photos this morning around 9am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

DMC wrote:
    That 1700 radar of longfields shows that North Meath is getting hammered....
    Not in this corner it aint..... only spitting light stuff atm...

Radar doesnt deal with snow to well sometimes, intensities are often exaggerated ...its really just an indication that there is stuff falling from the sky when its snow..generally brighter echos indicate heavier falls..but sometimes its wrong in wintery weather.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

absolutly nothing in limerick :(

Am I going to see any at all weathercheck?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ye most snow since 01' here although it doesnt take much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Hey Weathercheck... Just to say a massive well done. Next time I want to have an outdoor barbeque or anything weather permitting, I'll be in touch fr info. I might even send ya up a burger. :) I do a good bit of hot air ballooning down here in Waterford so Ill try get in touch early in 05 to get some good sites for really accurate forecasting.

Could you do me a favour and look through your latest stuff there for a 24 hour snow forecast for Waterford? The kids here are glued to the windows checking for it.. and Im just as bad!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ah the partypooper; sleet and wet snow now falling in NE Louth after a very heavy snow shower which was lying until the sleet started :(

• Advertisement

Snow stopped now in Lusk and what was on the ground is quickly melting:(

Unfortunately the dewpoints are rising to the north and moving south , it seems that even if more precipitation reaches us it will be increasingly sleet then rain :(
    Ahh well was nice while it lasted.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Where abouts are you longfield??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Snow in Waterford!!!!!! Okay not much (as in a few flakes) but hey it snowed.:) Then it froze on the windscreen :mad:

Mike.

Trotter wrote:
    Where abouts are you longfield??
    Rathgar, SW Dublin.
    Its still snowing lightly but the dewpoints to the north are saying game over to me, still the best snowfall in years here :)

I wouldnt be soo pessimistic keep an eye on your temps and
    dewpoint, minor rises in temperatures in the north are associated with
    a warm core but this will move out into the Irish sea soon
    so i'd expect at least sleet from the comin showers and i think
    they'll be of snow although probably not lying :)

snowing again here.

I have a dilemma - due to drive from Lusk up to Bettystown shortly to visit my mother, anyone have any thoughts as to if I should or not? Is the snow likely to keep falling? Will also have my wife and 3 month old baby in the car

The snow will keep coming probably through until
    the early hours, you make up your own mind i wouldnt
    want to decide especially with a young child in the car ;)

I wouldnt be soo pessimistic keep an eye on your temps and
    dewpoint, minor rises in temperatures in the north are associated with
    a warm core but this will move out into the Irish sea soon
    so i'd expect at least sleet from the comin showers and i think
    they'll be of snow although probably not lying :)

Don't agree m8, unless its a really heavy shower, is most likely that showers from around 21:00 roughly will be of sleet ..turning to rain towards morning (in Dublin), hope i'm wrong :)

Felixdhc wrote:
    snowing again here.

I have a dilemma - due to drive from Lusk up to Bettystown shortly to visit my mother, anyone have any thoughts as to if I should or not? Is the snow likely to keep falling? Will also have my wife and 3 month old baby in the car

Untreated roads are very likely to be slippery, would think hard about driving outside tonight, maybe tomorrow would be a better idea when you have a wife and kid to consider.

• Advertisement

Good point - unfair to ask others to make up my mind!

Had better go, mother on her own up there and cant wait to see us!

Cheers :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Really heavy snow showers in Irish terms out in Ballincollig west of Cork, stuck on the road and grass, plenty for a few large snow men in my garden (yes I'm a little kid at heart, it was for my little brother!) Never seen such heavy snow fall. Made my Christmas, especially seeing as it started just as we opened presents.

Longfield wrote:
    Rathgar, SW Dublin.
    Its still snowing lightly but the dewpoints to the north are saying game over to me, still the best snowfall in years here :)

The game never started down here in tropical Waterford :cool: . Still, if that manky cold rain is what yer after, this is the place to be!!! Doubt I'll make any money from that ad lol :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

dmcxmas04.JPG

The view from my front lawn around noon today.

Doing nowt at t'mo.

I'll answer that for you trotter.
    Very little snow likely down there tonight.
    Tomorrow is to get mild with rain tomorrow night.

Temp has risen here in the past half hour to +2 (its gas prior to that everything was frozen)and it's been snowing lightly for about a half hr, its very wet snow though and if the tem rises any further I expect it to turn to rain here.

Cheers Earthman.. I'll have to find some other entertainment so! :(

Trotter wrote:
    The game never started down here in tropical Waterford :cool: . Still, if that manky cold rain is what yer after, this is the place to be!!! Doubt I'll make any money from that ad lol :o

Ironically i spent four of the best years of my life down there and saw more snow there in most years in Dublin , maybe I was just lucky though .. or making snow angels with a nurse from the regional hospital kind of stuck in my mind as a more memorable snowfall than any other :)

Still snow here anyway :)

Sleet here now..lets hope we get a proper easterly in January or Feb ..then Dubs see real snow :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still snowing here about 3 inchs on the ground but its definitely getting milder.... ive a feeling it'll be raining here soon:( which is weird coz it was sunny at 2pm and freezing hard.... i would dearly love to see an easterly in january too with proper full on snow storms with minimum 6 inchs of snow lasting over a week like we used to get yearly back in the 80s, early 90s....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement