Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Xmas 2004

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Moving on......... :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

So is the snow over for north Dublin? Was pretty heavy earlier but didn't stick, stopped a couple of hours ago and there seems to be little trace of it now.

Oh no i assure you of at least another 30mins of snow :)

Very close run thing the main batch
    possibly stating too far north

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Some serious looking echos on the 1600 radar to the northwest , I'd guess mayo and Donegal are interesting places to be at the moment, the whole movement appears to be shifting eastwards (see attached file for radar high res radar animation) which is good news for us on the east coast (if you like snow, going to be an interesting night).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a few light flurries falling outside but i dont think its gonna amount to much as the radar shows nothing in my area but mayo, donegal and most of northern ireland looks alive with even more snow than there is in scotland.... sky news weather issued a warning half an hour ago for northern ireland around now and eastern ireland for tonight with blizzard conditions and up to 10cm of snow to come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Longfield wrote:
    Some serious looking echos on the 1600 radar to the northwest , I'd guess mayo and Donegal are interesting places to be at the moment, the whole movement appears to be shifting eastwards (see attached file for radar high res radar animation) which is good news for us on the east coast (if you like snow, going to be an interesting night).

Anyone notice how the snow in that radar image seems to dissapate almost exactly at the wicklow and dublin borders!! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Calibos wrote:
    Anyone notice how the snow in that radar image seems to dissapate almost exactly at the wicklow and dublin borders!! :(:(:(
    Yep, I noticed that. The country people are stealing our snow. :eek:

Calibos wrote:

Erm...
    Thats because the gif stops at 4pm and then goes back to the start of the loop

bennyx_o wrote:
    Yep, I noticed that. The country people are stealing our snow. :eek:

Been doing that all day, hoping its not a case of close but no cigar tonight..time will tell, am still hopefull of some more shower activity.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Longfield wrote:

Jaysus, Donegal's getting hammered in the last frame of that gif, and that cloud is headed SE fast...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Light snow falling now in Lusk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Earthman wrote:
    Erm...

Em, it looks like its dissapating even before the last frame or two of the gif
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

If not already reported, a good covering of snow (2cm, no more) in North Co. Meath/ South Co. Cavan since 6am, some heavy snow showers all day keeping it topped up, now its become more sleety since 3pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the light flurries have now turned into huge flakes bigger than 2 pound coins and they are coming down thick and fast... hopefully this will last a while.... heading its way towards north dublin once again

Earthman wrote:
    Erm...

Nope it is dissapating unfortunately..a few of the bigger echos have made it to Dublin just about during the day..the ones in the north at the moment look like they just about might make it here..will be touch and go though.

well to an extent
    If you look carefully, you will see it's all been heading more south than east and dumping its load as it does so.

If its any consolation for snow lovers, the patch up north now is wider and more extensive than anything that has moved south so far.

Wow ..the 16:30 radar looks very good !!! , if anything its getting bigger..come to papa..Gonzo if you are under that would expect its really coming down and likely to last for a while!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Snowing again now. Better then earlier attempts! (Tramore)

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Sully04 wrote:
    Give it up dude will ya. Its an interest, he likes it, u dont. Big bloody well wow. Dont dismiss the man with an interest in the weather, if he likes it then leave him be. A lot of people are interested in the Weather, maybe not other things or maybe other things to.

If you dont like it, then your not what I would consider a true friend. Espically to come here and give out about him. Anyway, lets stay on topic shall we ^_^.

Noticed the clouds getting fairly big and dark over the sea, not much over land tho.

- Sully
    here here pal here here

Coming down quite heavy now in Lusk

• Advertisement

Should be here very soon then!!! :)

Snowing in Rathgar now !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Wait for this.. Snow... in... Waterford.

Just the messy stuff but the temperature is droppin like mad. Fingers still crossed! :D

OMG the 17:00 radar is simply FANTASTIC for dubs!! Weathercheck any moment now for you my friend.

Looking at prolonged snow with this wheee!!

I think getting heavier here now, wind picking up a lot too

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm in South Donegal between Donegal Town and Ballyshannon. It was a bit white this morning at 10am but it has since hailstoned, then thawed, now rain... :\

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Jesus Christ! 3 cms of snow has been falling here near Drogheda in the last 25 mins! The prediction for it to arrive at 5 PM was almost perfect! Blizzards here they come :D

I feel sorry for my sister's boyfriend who was supposed to drive here in 1 hour's time. I wonder how long this heavy snow will last for... :p

iTS SNOWING and looks like staying for the night
    oh what a Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

That 1700 radar of longfields shows that North Meath is getting hammered....
    Not in this corner it aint..... only spitting light stuff atm...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement