Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Xmas 2004

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Sleety snow showers at Dublin Airport, nothing sticking at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Heavy snow showers in Cork...although it hasnt stopped for a while now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Clouds to the west of me....Clouds to the east...Stuck in the middle with ....Blue!! :(:(

I swear to God, there really is an impenetrable snow shield over Bray! I can see heavy cloud over Dublin, I can see heavy Cloud over the Wicklow/Dublin mountains, I can see heavy cloud behind Bray head, I can see heavy Cloud over the sea.

Directly overhead??? BLUE EFFING SKY!! :(:( ....and although I can see the clouds moving all around, that bloody blue patch over Bray hasn't moved all morning!

Impenetrable Snow shield I tells ya!! Its like the shield Generator on Hoth/Bray. Where's there a bloody AT-AT when you need one!! :D:D

Of course the reverse is true when I want to see some astronomical event like a meteor shower or something. Big lump of cloud over Bray and Blue skies everywhere else! :(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

yep its beginning to stick now but its after stopping now

A few more of them and it will be a very white xmas in cork city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

A couple of light flurries so far. A few flakes stuck in the shade. Otherwise sunny. Temp 2.6C Has got more windy with a biting chill factor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

The last shower in Cork was pretty long, and the place is white! mad snowball fights goin on1 :D

whitexmascork2004c.jpg

Mothman wrote:
    A couple of light flurries so far. A few flakes stuck in the shade. Otherwise sunny. Temp 2.6C Has got more windy with a biting chill factor

Reading just one degree in the shade west of Arklow and brrrrr that feels bitter in the now very strong wind.

This mornings snow soon faded but theres plenty about in the ditches.
    All around croghan, Ballycoog across to Ballyfad almost down to coolgreaney is dazzlingly white.

I'm unsure as to what the system coming down tonight is going to do.
    For snow lovers at least in my neck of the woods, the favourable things are 1. It's mid afternoon now and the temp is still very low,the system if it passes close by will be here after dark.
    2.It has to pass through some very high ground in it's travels(if it doesnt all stay out to sea) and with temps staying this low or lower that would indicate more snow.
    The high ground certainly should get another dumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Tonight looks very very interesting!!

Look at the bright echoes on the sat pic
    things are really developing up to the west of
    Scotland and it is now beginning to move into NI...beginning

An Exciting night for eastern areas with blizzard conditions
    possible in association with a confirmed Polar Low :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Good shower in carlow at the moment it's begining to slack off again now, but if we got a longer shower or two I would reckon it will stay as the temp is down very low and sunset is not far off. If theres a hard frsot the roads really will be bad, be careful if your driving tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

was snowing here in Ndublin for about 15mins, quite a bit but now its stopped :(

• Advertisement

Snowing heavily again now here west of Arklow.
    It's quite blizzard like in the strong wind with big flakes :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it hasnt snowed here since the last prolonged fall about an hour ago but the temperatures have tumbled even tho its still sunny.... can feel a slight layer of ice forming on top of the snow and anything thats wet on footpaths and roads is turning to ice... travelling is gonna be nasty

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was looking at the Met Office Chart, http://www.metoffice.com/weather/europe/uk/radar/index.html looks good for some people down the Sout East. Dungarvan has snow at present.

- Sully

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks a bit bare here in the east from that map doesnt it... perhaps we wont get more showers for another few hours.... the west midlands looks very good tho

OK i'll put a rough timescale on things im expecting
    precip in Dublin by around 1800 :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gonzo wrote:
    looks a bit bare here in the east from that map doesnt it... perhaps we wont get more showers for another few hours.... the west midlands looks very good tho

yes but by the looks it will pass over. Another place outside Tramore called Fenor have Snow. Are they trying to annoy me and keep snow away from Tramore?!

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Thats one big snow cloud over Cork City :D

And the Snow has eventually arrived. Welcome! Welcome! :D

- Sully

OK i expect the meto to issue a warning soon. the polar
    low is exopected to move southeastwards to affect
    northern leinster and Ulster. 5-10cms are likely with
    more possible. Winds are likely to gust to 50-60mph
    so take care as blizzards are likely. People this could
    get bad for counties: Westmeath, Louth, Meath, Dublin,
    Wicklow and much of Ulster :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

It's a white Christmas here in Cork too... thick covering as far as the eye can see and still snowing!! Yippeeee :D

• Advertisement

Only a snow shower in Tramore. Lasted less then a min :( lol

- Sully

Oh god im getting excited PL deepening
    north of Ireland and looking menacing!!!

http://www.metoffice.com/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

Hold on to your hats those in the north and east :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Weathercheck you're full of BALONEY

Sitting beside you just isn't what it used to be... I remember the days when you used to care about things other than weather...

What has become of you?

All this nonsense about polar lows, and snow and blizzards, it's not gona happen BRO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

chump wrote:

All this nonsense about polar lows, and snow and blizzards, it's not gona happen BRO

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm looking at a very dark sky as of now with snow belting down. Located in Dundalk. Wind's getting up and the temp has fallen by about 2 degrees since lunchtime. Brrr....

*warms cockles on another cold bottle*

Less of that chump!
    You can wait untill after Xmas day to give weathercheck a royal verbal rodgering but you won't be doing it here.

chump wrote:

Sitting beside you just isn't what it used to be... I remember the days when you used to care about things other than weather...

What has become of you?

Give it up dude will ya. Its an interest, he likes it, u dont. Big bloody well wow. Dont dismiss the man with an interest in the weather, if he likes it then leave him be. A lot of people are interested in the Weather, maybe not other things or maybe other things to.

If you dont like it, then your not what I would consider a true friend. Espically to come here and give out about him. Anyway, lets stay on topic shall we ^_^.

Noticed the clouds getting fairly big and dark over the sea, not much over land tho.

- Sully

OK i expect the meto to issue a warning soon. the polar
    low is exopected to move southeastwards to affect
    northern leinster and Ulster. 5-10cms are likely with
    more possible. Winds are likely to gust to 50-60mph
    so take care as blizzards are likely. People this could
    get bad for counties: Westmeath, Louth, Meath, Dublin,
    Wicklow and much of Ulster :D;)

Rofl, you posted that at 1521 and they issued their warning at 1519.
    I'm expecting lots of snow in those areas with the possibility of it turning to rain also, especially at lower levels and on the coast.

Temp has dropped to zero here now and water outside has frozen as has wet ground and two other observations, this is happening while it is still light and whilst it is windy.

Chump is my brother!!!! Please ban him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hi All, snowing heavily in Roscrea at the moment,roads are covered,total whiteout !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

his older, more attractive brother...

he's a great guy tho! although a bit pasty looking ... perhaps I'll throw up a foto of him playing in the snow if it does happen :)

good luck with it all anyway people!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement