Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams Tour 2013

Options
  • 26-11-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Robbie Williams holding a press conference at 3pm today in London with a "special announcement". Widely rumoured (and hoped) to be about a tour next summer. Fingers crossed!!

www.robbiewilliams.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Special announcement at 3pm from Robbie Williams.

Rumoured to be a tour next summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Aviva Stadium - June 14th apparently...

SB-08 wrote: »
    Aviva Stadium - June 14th apparently...
    Insider info or a guess?? Either way wooop wooop!!

Is it 3pm yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

European tour. Dublin not included.

European tour. Dublin not included.

Am I crazy thinking the reason there's no dublin date is because he's doing Slane in August which is always announced separately?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Anniebell wrote: »
    Am I crazy thinking the reason there's no dublin date is because he's doing Slane in August which is always announced separately?!

My guess would be a Marlay Park or Phoenix Park gig. Safer bet by the promotors with regards selling out. Aviva would be another option if the promotors want a higher capacity!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Olly Murs announced as a support for the tour . They might hold out since Olly announced extra Irish dates on his tour so maybe when they are happy with sales they will announce Robbies gig

My guess would be a Marlay Park or Phoenix Park gig. Safer bet by the promotors with regards selling out. Aviva would be another option if the promotors want a higher capacity!!

Surely the Aviva would be announced today as part of the tour no? Ollys done extra dates in uk too & still announced Robbie tour.

Marlay Park would be an absolute dream for me. Two minutes walk up the road!

Surely the Aviva would be announced today as part of the tour no? Ollys done extra dates in uk too & still announced Robbie tour.

Marlay Park would be an absolute dream for me. Two minutes walk up the road!

Things tend to be done slightly different here than the UK. The UK has the population, which means that loads of gigs/festivals etc etc can be announced around the same time.

However, due to the smaller population here and hard hitting recession, the promotors are spacing out announcements with the aim of improving sales for individual gigs.

The fewer gigs on sale at any one time lead to higher sales for those gigs.

Can you imagine if all Marlay Park, Phoenix Park gigs along with Slane, Oxegen, EP were announced and then throw a couple of Aviva gigs in. People would have to make a decision about what they can afford.

MCD probably have a date and venue fixed but are holding off for a suitable time to announce based on what else they have planned.

Then again, they could come out tomorrow and announce a date!!!

Yeah I get you, I guess I'm coming at it as a superfan so will go no matter what but not everyone's the same lol

He really doesn't need Olly to sell it out though IMO so I'm thinking you're right re holding off. Hurry up MCD!!!

Things tend to be done slightly different here than the UK. The UK has the population, which means that loads of gigs/festivals etc etc can be announced around the same time.

However, due to the smaller population here and hard hitting recession, the promotors are spacing out announcements with the aim of improving sales for individual gigs.

Can you imagine if all Marlay Park, Phoenix Park gigs along with Slane, Oxegen, EP were announced and then throw a couple of Aviva gigs in. People would have to make a decision about what they can afford.

MCD probably have a date and venue fixed but are holding off for a suitable time to announce based on what else they have planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭bren2001

I agree that the UK can announce gigs in groups but what is Robbie competing with right now? Slane. Be surprised if MCD didn't announce this in the next week or so. They will want to get in before Christmas.

bren2001 wrote: »
    I agree that the UK can announce gigs in groups but what is Robbie competing with right now? Slane. Be surprised if MCD didn't announce this in the next week or so. They will want to get in before Christmas.

MCD are making a "big announcement" at 6pm this evening. We might aswell put this discussion on hold until we hear what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

MCD are making a "big announcement" at 6pm this evening. We might aswell put this discussion on hold until we hear what it is.

But if they were announcing a Dublin date why not do it with the rest of the tour dates at 3pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robbie announced this afternoon via a live broadcast that he'll be hitting
    stadiums around the UK and Europe for his Take The Crown Stadium Tour 2013.
    Proudly presented by Samsung, the shows will feature none other than Robbie's
    good friend Olly Murs as special guest. The 17-date run kicks off at
    Manchester's Etihad Stadium on 19th June 2013 and culminates in Estonia just
    over two months later on 20th August 2013, taking in Germany, The Netherlands,
    Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, Belgium and Switzerland on the way

The Dates

19 Jun 2013 / Etihad Stadium, Manchester / UK
    21 Jun 2013 / Etihad Stadium, Manchester / UK
    25 Jun 2013 / Hampden Park, Glasgow / UK
    29 Jun 2013 / Wembley Stadium, London / UK
    30 Jun 2013 / Wembley Stadium, London / UK
    10 Jul 2013 / Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen / DE
    13 Jul 2013 / Amsterdam Arena, Amsterdam / NL
    17 Jul 2013 / Krieau, Vienna / AT
    10 Jul 2013 / Ullevi, Gothenburg / SE
    22 Jul 2013 / Parken, Copenhagen / DK
    17 Jul 2013 / AWD-Arena, Hannover / DE
    31 Jul 2013 / Stadio San Siro, Milan / IT
    03 Aug 2013 / Koning Boudewijnstadion, Brussels / BE
    07 Aug 2013 / Olympiastadion, Munich / DE
    11 Aug 2013 / Mercedes-Benz Arena, Stuttgart / DE
    16 Aug 2013 / Stadion Letzigrund, Zurich / CH
    20 Aug 2013 / Tallinn Song Festival Grounds, Tallinn / EE

No mention of Dublin yet

Cool, be surprised if it wasn't Robbie.
    karaokeman wrote: »
    But if they were announcing a Dublin date why not do it with the rest of the tour dates at 3pm?

Because its MCD.

It was Rihanna announced for Aviva . Suppose it depends on who is booking the gig either MCD or Aiken . If its Aiken it will be 1 or 2 nights in the RDS but if its MCD i can see Aviva

It was Rihanna announced for Aviva . Suppose it depends on who is booking the gig either MCD or Aiken . If its Aiken it will be 1 or 2 nights in the RDS but if its MCD i can see Aviva

MCD have looked after all his gigs so be surprised to see a change but who knows I guess. Wish they'd bloody hurry up!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Ah there's no way he wouldn't play here, he loves the place! I'm sure there'll be an announcement made soon. Hope they hurry up too!! :)

I am not sure why Dublin wasnt' announced with all the other stadium Euro dates but I have been told by a very good source that he is playing The Aviva Stadium on Friday June 14th. Looking at the dates it appears he will be starting the tour in Dublin. What the reasons are for not announcing it I really don't know. Perhaps MCD are afraid it will stop Olly selling out his O2 gigs so they are putting it off for the moment. There is no way he would leave Ireland out. The whole point of his 'free' gig at the O2 a few months back was to get that out of the way in order to be able to do a proper big stadium show here without people going on about his free gig promise.

A wise move adding Olly - he is like a younger Robbie in many ways and is probably the only other big UK Male pop star around. I am sure he would've sold out easily without him but it makes a lot of sense. Unless tickets are very expensive I would imagine the Aviva gig will be the first gig to sell out since Buble - especially as tickets will be on sale before Xmas.

Even the Telegraph have the Dublin date on their website - along with extra UK dates which will be announced on Friday once the first lot sell out. http://tickets.telegraph.co.uk/robbie-williams-tickets/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Wonder how much tickets would be 40-60/70 maybe?

CiaranK wrote: »
    Wonder how much tickets would be 40-60/70 maybe?

I'd hazard a guess & say starting at €70 & up to €90. Hope I'm wrong though :-(

Olly Murs was on FM104 this morning. Suggested that they are not 100% if there is a Dublin date as they are unsure of demand but that there is a date set aside in the Aviva.

Olly Murs was on FM104 this morning. Suggested that they are not 100% if there is a Dublin date as they are unsure of demand but that there is a date set aside in the Aviva.

Eh wtf?! They're not sure about demand?? That's insane he'd sell out two nights no bother.

Eh wtf?! They're not sure about demand?? That's insane he'd sell out two nights no bother.

Yeah, he would certainly sell out one night but I imagine there is a lot more to it then that. MCD want to make as much money as possible and probably have other agreements with artists already for Stadium gigs. They have to look the effect Robbie has on other attendances as at the end of the day the highest average attendance will make them the most amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chloek6

He has to come to Dublin. Fingers crossed like but this waiting is a pain cause if i was sure he wasnt coming then I would just travel to England I just dont want to take the chance!!!

That is bizzare stuff. There are a handful of touring acts in the world who would sell out the Aviva easily and Robbie is one of them. He sold out the O2 in September and it wasn't even advertised. MCD really have lost the plot booking Roger Waters and to a lesser extent Rihanna in the Aviva (especially at those prices) and yet think the demand for a RW show isn't there. He holds the record for the biggest Irish concert in history in Phoenix Park and his Croker gig sold out in record time on his last tour. Considering his new album went to #1 here a few weeks ago - there is no logic to this. They need to get a move on and announce it before people have no money left considering all of the big gigs being announced.

Williams's tour is already being tipped to be the fastest selling in world history (breaking his own Guinness World Record) http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a441700/robbie-williams-to-break-own-ticket-sales-record-with-new-tour.html

I get that MCD are out to make money but to not have a Robbie gig here is complete madness. He is still absolutely massive here & would sell out anywhere big no problem.

Wish they'd hurry up with an announcement as all the UK tickets will be gone tomorrow.

There wont be an announcement till a bit after Rihanna goes on public sale . So if its gonna happen id say either just before X-Mas or after in early New Year.
    I dont think he could sell out 2 Aviva stadiums and imo MCD/Aiken do have a reason to be unsure since if you look at 2 of last years big stadium shows RHCP/Madonna sold terribly and Gaga wasnt a sell out (but a better turn out from what i hear).

• Advertisement

Yeah I get you, although in fairness the ticket prices for Gaga & madonna were outrageous so Id say that's why they didn't sell. Also, madonnas last album didn't do well. Robbie's new one is doing fantastic.

I'd love the ticket prices to be reasonable but I know deep down they won't. Can't see them waiting until after New Year to announce Robbie, maybe next week or the week after as Christmas is coming up.

Again, sorry for repeating but hurry uuuuuuuppppp!!!

Advertisement