Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Presume most tickets for this are gone? No standing left or reasonably priced seats and MCD are not even bothering to advertise it heavily in the newspapers anymore and certainly nothing on radio or TV. I can't see it being a total sell out though due to the amount of €130 tickets, but it will certainly be close to a sell out - perhaps hitting the 50K mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Pinkman wrote: »
    Presume most tickets for this are gone? No standing left or reasonably priced seats and MCD are not even bothering to advertise it heavily in the newspapers anymore and certainly nothing on radio or TV. I can't see it being a total sell out though due to the amount of €130 tickets, but it will certainly be close to a sell out - perhaps hitting the 50K mark.

I always see the advert on TV3 and I've heard the ad a few times on the radio but I'm surprised it hasn't sold out. Only very high seats and a few ridiculously expensive seats left. I'm not mad about the AVIVA stadium I prefer Croke Park for concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublinwon

Page ads every day in the herald, lowest priced tickets maximum amount on sale , its not doing very well.I'm suprised since comeback single did ok.take that in 14 beckons poor rob

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dublinwon wrote: »
    Page ads every day in the herald, lowest priced tickets maximum amount on sale , its not doing very well.I'm suprised since comeback single did ok.take that in 14 beckons poor rob

Candy was a pretty big hit went to number 1 in the UK and 2 in Ireland .

Well the tickets for seats are a rip off and not many people would want to sit at his concert. Also so many crap seats are still on sale. Not that many concerts have sold out this year. Just shows how high ticket prices are now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

Area 1 standing available on ticketmaster at the moment. must be a new batch released.:)

Oh god I want that area 1! Might sell my standing area 2 tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Just hoping that the security know the difference between standing area 1 and area 2. As many times they insist of sending you to the wrong area. I remember at the Script Aviva gig, people would have golden circle tickets werent allow in as the security had not a clue of the difference between area 1 and area 2.

I'd say they will be informed better for this one! I'll be queuing early anyway at least I'll be at the barrier for Standing Area 2! Don't think I'll find any luck in exchanging them for area 1!

Cant get to the venue to 7pm as have work and have to travel from Letterkenny. Got Standing area 1 though. Hoping there will be no problems as I will be arriving late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

ciaramc wrote: »
    Just hoping that the security know the difference between standing area 1 and area 2. As want times them insist of sending you to the wrong area. I remember at the Script Aviva gig, people would have golden circle tickets werent allow in as the security had not a clue of the difference between area 1 and area 2.

I was one of them refused entry into the Golden Circle even though I had a Zone 1 ticket.Ruined the whole concert for me and was threatened with being thrown out by the security if I didn't drop it about being left into the Golden Circle.

I ended up leaving the concert early as the way I was treated to and spoken to ruined the night for me.

Fair deuce to MCD being all apologetic after I mailed them about it and offering 2 tickets to a gig of my choice to make up for my treatment and even though in the end they didn't have any comps to my first few choices I did end up getting 2 to Lady Gaga which was an amazing gig. :)

Yes, Lady Gaga's Aviva gig was amazing. Missed the beginning as people were seating in our seats, insisting they were theirs. Have to say I love the Aviva for gigs. Been to 6 gigs there. Thankfully have seated tickets for Rihanna's gig.

I am going to email MCD to tell them to make sure the security know the difference in the two standing areas for Robbie. Feel free to do the same people, who are worried about this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Dublinwon wrote: »

Can't be too bad as the last I checked a few weeks back there were no standing or cheap seats left. Obviously more have been released this week but if sales were really bad they would be advertising on radio endlessly like they are for so many other big gigs for this summer especially Bon Jovi at Slane.

Amazingly apart from 'Angels', 'Candy' is his biggest selling single ever in the UK so it was a huge comeback single for him. Incredible if you ask me as it is easily one of the worst songs he has released. And I doubt he will be worried about ticket sales on this tour as it is the biggest selling British tour by a solo artist of all time after MJ's 'Bad' tour with over 600K tickets sold. It's some achievement to still be breaking such records after 17 years as a solo act.

I am sure if tickets were more reasonable for the Aviva gig it would've sold out by now. Maybe an appearance on the Late Late will get it over the line. That's what Neil Diamond had to do and it helped hugely with ticket sales apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I like Candy, its probably one of the best summery upbeat pop tunes I've heard for years, though I know a lot of people who aren't fond of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

If the Dublin gig had been announced at the same time as the UK dates it would have sold out in a flash IMO. Personally I was a week away from booking tickets to see him in Manchester but thankfully the Aviva date was announced before I did. I can't imagine people who have paid for flights, hotels etc as well as a ticket for the gig had much money left to get a ticket for dublin as well.
    The seated tickets which haven't sold yet I presume are the ones way at the back. Do what U2 did at Croker a few years back & sell them for €30 and they'll go. Times are tight for everyone nowadays and I can't see many paying out crazy money just to be at the back of the stadium.

All IMO of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    I'd say they will be informed better for this one! I'll be queuing early anyway at least I'll be at the barrier for Standing Area 2! Don't think I'll find any luck in exchanging them for area 1!

I rang up and exchanged my standing area 2 tickets for area 1 tickets no problem:)

lippy88 wrote: »
    I rang up and exchanged my standing area 2 tickets for area 1 tickets no problem:)

YOU DID?!!! I didn't know you could do that?! If they are still on sale by Saturday I might exchange them!

I know people are giving out about this gig not being sold out yet , Sure what big outdoor gigs are sold out this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I know people are giving out about this gig not being sold out yet , Sure what big outdoor gigs are sold out this summer?

The movie Guy 2nd date added

The movie Guy 2nd date added

Ah true but smaller capacity though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ah true but smaller capacity though
    Aye but isnt that venue where Blur are on that hasnt sold out adds to youre initial point i guess!

Aye but isnt that venue where Blur are on that hasnt sold out adds to youre initial point i guess!

Well his gig is all seating which means capacity is about 10,000? and im guessin Blur will be about 20,000/30,000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

lippy88 wrote: »

I just tried this and they said they can't exchange. What did you have to say to swap them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 clodonovan

For anybody who hasn't yet still purchased tickets for the Robbie Williams Concert at the Aviva, Dublin I was just checking the Ticketmaster website and there are Standing Area 1 tickets available they must have released more!

clodonovan wrote: »
    For anybody who hasn't yet still purchased tickets for the Robbie Williams Concert at the Aviva, Dublin I was just checking the Ticketmaster website and there are Standing Area 1 tickets available they must have released more!

Think you can only get them using ticketmaster app because I can't find the option on google chrome when I log onto their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 clodonovan

I just checked this morning ticketmaster.ie through google and there are still Standing Area 1 tickets available

clodonovan wrote: »
    I just checked this morning ticketmaster.ie through google and there are still Standing Area 1 tickets available

You did? That's weird! I found them on the app but not on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Mumford and Sons at Phoenix Park although one would imagine that extra tickets will be released anywhere between 1-3 weeks before the gig, similar to Stone Roses last July!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Anyone any idea what time this gig ill be starting at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭bren2001

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what time this gig ill be starting at?

Ticketmaster says doors at 6, so Ollie at 7 and Robbie at 8:30/8:45 would be my guess.

Advertisement