Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

any one know what time the gig will finish at , just need to time bus home lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭bren2001

antocann wrote: »
    any one know what time the gig will finish at , just need to time bus home lol

Between half ten and eleven. They will have darts lined up to bring people towards town.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

So less than a week to go!

Starting to think about how to get there & what time.

Which side of the Aviva will the Standing area gate be does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone know what's the story with alcohol there? I'd imagine you can't bring in any plastic bottles or anything like & just be like a Heineken stand and that's it?

Getting a bus up Friday, so I'd imagine being in there for like 6.45 is plenty time if Olly is not on til 7, I'm not that fussed about him that much tbh. All about the main man!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

any one know of any buses going up from the Wexford area ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

No queuing before gates opening
    Gates open: 17:30
    FM104s Jim Jim & Nobbie: 18:15
    Olly Murs: 19:30
    Robbie Williams: 20:30

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

Hi guys,

I'm travelling up from Kilkenny for the concert on Friday and heading home that night as well.

Just wondering whats the best option to go for

1.) park at the Red Cow and get the luas in and walk

2.) Drive to maynooth and get the train in to Landsdown

Thanks

so i just orderd the live cd for collection , how to i go about collecting it , do i just bring the reciept when the gig is finished ?

as where is says to view and print ticket aint working

Cookie89 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm travelling up from Kilkenny for the concert on Friday and heading home that night as well.

Thanks

Hi,

I wouldn't bother getting the luas tbh as it would be a long walk or another bus away to get to Landsdowne. You're much better heading to Maynooth & getting the train as it stops right at the Aviva.

Safe journey down whichever way you choose - two more sleeps woohoooo!

antocann wrote: »
    so i just orderd the live cd for collection , how to i go about collecting it , do i just bring the reciept when the gig is finished ?

as where is says to view and print ticket aint working

Hiya,

Did you get sorted yet? If there's an option to collect, I'd imagine there'll be a stall somewhere on your way out to pick it up. I've no experience of it from before though so not sure.

I'd forgotten all about the live cd so thanks for the reminder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Anniebell wrote: »
    Hiya,

Did you get sorted yet? If there's an option to collect, I'd imagine there'll be a stall somewhere on your way out to pick it up. I've no experience of it from before though so not sure.

I think you go to a Merch stand.

Anniebell wrote: »
    Hiya,

yeh i think so , i think i just print the confrimation email and bring it with me to collect the cd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Cookie89 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks

If your going to drive to Maynooth, I would probably recommend that you time it well to make sure you get the last train back, because its two trains from Maynooth to Lansdowne (You'll also need to get the DART from Tara, Pearse or Connolly).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bohsman74

I haven't been to Lansdowne/Aviva in years and am bringing the wife to Robbie tomorrow. we have tickets for the east Stand and it says 'entrance via Herbert Road'. If I arrived at Pembroke Road would I be able to walk up Lansdowne Rd and gain access form that route, as the Herbert Rd way joins up with Lansdowne Rd anyway?

Bohsman74 wrote: »
    I haven't been to Lansdowne/Aviva in years and am bringing the wife to Robbie tomorrow. we have tickets for the east Stand and it says 'entrance via Herbert Road'. If I arrived at Pembroke Road would I be able to walk up Lansdowne Rd and gain access form that route, as the Herbert Rd way joins up with Lansdowne Rd anyway?

Doesn't make a difference where you approach from. You can walk from Pembroke road if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bohsman74

Excellent tanx a mil! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Where would be a good place to park for heading out of Dublin after the gig? Preferably close to the stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

I'm travelling up from Wexford where would be the best/safest place to park which would also be easily to get out from after the gig ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Depends which way you're going after the gig I guess. For Wexford, I'd park somewhere along the Dart (Booterstown or something) and get the Dart up the coast.

I was down passing the stadium about 6.30 yesterday and they were doing soundchecks/rehersals, belting out "Kids".

Hope it's not too wet tonight. Bring raincoats (but no umbrellas!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The rain is holding off so far, hope it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

I know the RW is supposed to come on at 8:30 but could someone tell me roughly what time it will finish at as I am trying to organise parking and lift from north city centre afterwards and is there usually huge queues for the dart afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

It'll be over by 10.30 because of council laws. The rain has started... What do wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

the curfew i think is 11pm when everyone has to be out so expect it to be anytime between 10.30pm onwards. enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

MCD claiming the gig is sold out with 50,000 tickets sold according to the IT.

Pinkman wrote: »

It is close to sold. Tickets available on tm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    It'll be over by 10.30 because of council laws. The rain has started... What do wear?

I was surprised he stayed on a fair bit later then 10.30 . I can honestly say it was a great gig and I'm glad I went to it . If he comes back again I will be heading to it .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

What a show!! From the entrance (Robbie you daredevil) to the end when he walked away while we sang angels to him and all the bits in between. Loved it all.

what a show !!!!! was amazing , place was packed , only home now was worth traveling down to

this man seriously know's how to put on a show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Pinkman wrote: »

There were a few seats curtained off, but it looked 95% full from where I was standing.

Fantastic gig, 3rd time seeing him and each time better than the last.

Advertisement