Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams Tour 2013

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Just read this is the biggest selling tour by a solo act in the UK since MJ's Bad Tour 25 years ago. Sold over 900,000 tickets in the UK alone. I can't think of many acts who can play 4 nights at Wembley Stadium these days. Take That have and can but most big acts play one or two nights there so it is very impressive. Considering the media and a lot of people had written him off a few years back it is some comeback to have a #1 album and single and a record breaking stadium tour after so long in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

There were 47,000 there, I don't know what full capacity is for gigs but there were some huge empty patches in the stands.

Good show though!

Well I don't know the capacity for the Aviva, I've heard from some sources that it was 50,000 and 60,000 in others. I probably wouldn't guess as high as 65,000 because it looks quite a bit smaller than Croker anytime I've been there.

Regardless it sold very well that's for sure. With how long MCD waited to announce this gig, I can only imagine how many more would have been sold if it was announced before christmas when Rob had much more promotion.

I've also heard Candy is his second biggest selling single only behind Angels, another great achievement for a pop act over 20 years in the business.

Rob is a fantastic showman who commands the stage and the crowd like a band frontman, I know commercial success is not an indicator of quality, but he is very good at what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

karaokeman wrote: »
    Well I don't know the capacity for the Aviva,
    53,000 for football

Advertisement