Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Going by ticketmaster the price range for the currently announced UK gigs is looking to be in the range of £64.90-£82.50, and we all know how Irish gigs are, so if a Dublin date is announced I wouldn't expect it to go out cheaply.

I'd say next week would be a good time to announce the gig, as they will have the general sale for Rihanna out of the way (obviously it prob won't sell out but if a RW gig was announced this week it would have caused a serious crash on TM for them to both go on sale at the same time).

I doubt Rob would sell out two Aviva's, perhaps one but that's only if the prices are better than they were for GaGa and Madonna, which they probably won't, but MCD will lose out on a lot if they don't announce this before the christmas rush. Sure just look at Coldplay last year, who had an Aviva date booked (like Robbie now), but then that had to be cancelled because MCD waited too long and the demand was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Can anyone shed anymore light on whether this is actually happening or not?! This is the weirdest non-event ever, I can't understand why there hasn't been an announcement of a date.

Also kind of annoyed as I would've tried for a UK date if it was definite he wasn't playing here next year.

Gutted & bewildered still!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

With 2 big gigs been announced over the last week or 2(Rihanna and Bruce) id say they will want to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

I keep checking this thread everyday to see if there are any updates. I bought tickets to one of his Manchester concert but I really want to see him in Dublin too. The crowd here is way better than the crowd in the UK. I was at one of his O2 gigs in November and although the concert was brilliant, the crowd were not as good as us! I'm still in shock that he didn't add an Irish date and I don't understand why concert sites have the date up for Ireland when nothing has been confirmed! Also, somebody mentioned on facebook yesterday that they read in Sunday's newspaper (probably a newspaper in Belfast), that there would be announced Tuesday or Wednesday. Nothing today so really hoping its tomorrow although I have doubts. Showbiz reporter tweeted last Thursday, "Robbie Williams Croke Park". But he didn't say anything else. He's normally right though because he announced the charity gig before Robbie William's management announced it!

MCD have just announced Lil Wayne gig for March next year. Absolute joke!!

I really want this gig to happen because I know not many people can afford to pay for travel and accommodation!!

Anyway fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Croke Park? I hope not. The Aviva date is already booked so what is the problem? If they are worried about demand in the Aviva then why would they hold it in Croker when the capacity is around 20K more? The Aviva would make far more sense. I was at the RHCP gig in Croker in the summer and there were less than 45K there. Really looks awful when there are thousands of seats empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭bren2001

SB-08 wrote: »
    Croke Park? I hope not. The Aviva date is already booked so what is the problem? If they are worried about demand in the Aviva then why would they hold it in Croker when the capacity is around 20K more? The Aviva would make far more sense. I was at the RHCP gig in Croker in the summer and there were less than 45K there. Really looks awful when there are thousands of seats empty.

Do you've a source for that?

SB-08 wrote: »

I just want promoters and his management to confirm the date before its too late!! I agree about the empty seats. I was at the Aviva for Madonna and there were a lot of empty seats. Really bad! I understand why his concert would be held in the Aviva but don't understand why he couldn't include it in his announcement last week!

I really doubt there will be an Irish date next year.

It would have been announced along with the other European dates as they always are, and I couldn't see them just announcing an Irish date on its own out of the blue.

Yeah have a feeling there won't be one now but you never know! MCD only announced Buble yesterday and for me that was out of the blue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chloek6

Slane act being announced 2mr for August fingers crossed its Robbie!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

chloek6 wrote: »
    Slane act being announced 2mr for August fingers crossed its Robbie!!!!!

You never know, his gig there in 99 was one of his best! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Would definitely make sense if it's Robbie. No way he won't play here next year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say Eminem is more likely for Slane then Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Id say Eminem is more likely for Slane then Robbie

Well you weren't wrong!

Anyone here have any contacts in MCD? Can you ask (a) why they think eminem will sell 80,000 tickets & Robbie wouldn't? (B) is Robbie actually playing in Ireland next year or should we buy UK tickets and (c) if he is, is the announcement gonna be this year or next??

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Saw this facebook group called "Get Robbie Williams To Add Dublin To his Take the Crown Tour 2013" https://www.facebook.com/getrobbietodublin2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Obviously Olly is supporting Robbie on his tour. Olly Murs was on The Ray D'Arcy Show on the Today FM on November 28th. He said at the end of the interview that he reckons that the tour will come to Ireland. So there is hope! Player: http://media.todayfm.com/podcast/69395/?uniqueID=103732 (From November 28th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

14/15th June Aviva Stadium (provisional date) ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

dubscottie wrote: »
    14/15th June Aviva Stadium (provisional date) ;)

How'd you know that?

How do you know 14/15th of June? I know it's up online but nobody has confirmed it yet!!

tunedout wrote: »
    How'd you know that?

I work there...

• Advertisement

I work there...

Really? So any idea when it will be announced or were you just given a schedule for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chloek6

So he is going to start his tour in Ireland by the looks of it now hopefully they announce it soon so I can get my tickets!! Cannot wait for this announcement anyone know roughly when these tickets will go on sale??????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭bren2001

chloek6 wrote: »
    So he is going to start his tour in Ireland by the looks of it now hopefully they announce it soon so I can get my tickets!! Cannot wait for this announcement anyone know roughly when these tickets will go on sale??????

Nothings been announced yet so dont get your hopes up. Not trying to say that dubscottie is lying or anything but I remember people last year (who said they worked in the Aviva) were told Coldplay were coming. They didn't happen.

He isn't coming until MCD or he announces it.

bren2001 wrote: »

Nothings been announced yet so dont get your hopes up. Not trying to say that dubscottie is lying or anything but I remember people last year (who said they worked in the Aviva) were told Coldplay were coming. They didn't happen.

I'm trying hard not to think about it! If it is happening though, they would want to announce it really soon before we all run out of money!

They are provisional date(s). They won't announce anything until it is set in stone although I don't think you will have to wait long before you hear something..

They are provisional date(s). They won't announce anything until it is set in stone although I don't think you will have to wait long before you hear something..

Well hope we hear something before the end of the year!

bren2001 wrote: »

I agree about Coldplay, they had a "provisional" date booked, everyone said they would do it because they love Ireland/ never skip us, but it didn't happen.

Really its MCD's decision at the end of the day, regardless of how much Robbie loves Ireland, they have to make it based on whether they think it will sell well or not. Total crap I agree but that's just the way it is.

I agree ColdPlay was a bit speculation, but I have seen Robbie provisionally down for those dates on paper in black and white..

On the same bit paper last year there was only mention of "concert".. No band/group etc name, hence ColdPlay was suggested.

His name is down on paper which means its got past the "maybe" stage in the planning..

If its past the 'maybe' stage then there should really be an announcement soon. It's Christmas next week and have a feeling if MCD or Robbies management don't announce something between now and the new year, then it's not going to happen! Lets hope I'm wrong :)

• Advertisement

Christmas day just gone, it would take a brave promoter to assume the extra demand for Olly Murs could outstrip all the money they lost out on for not announcing an Irish date before today.

Advertisement