Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

I'm not sure I'll ever fully dry out after yesterday but the long day of queuing was soooo worth it!

What an absolutely brilliant concert. Every bone & muscle in my body hurts more than it ever did before.

It was so good to see him in top top form last night, I'm gutted it's over but I hope it's not another 6 years before he tours again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yup really enjoyed it, yesterday afternoon I was regretting getting tickets having seen him so many times (incl last Nov), and the rain, but coming home last night, yeah definitely worth the money.

HArd to justify the cost of some tickets but when you see the size of the stage, all the effort and props that go into everything, well worth it.

Highlight for me was definitely Me and my Monkey. Awesome song, first time I'd heard it live. Kids with Ollie Murs was funny too.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yup really enjoyed it, yesterday afternoon I was regretting getting tickets having seen him so many times (incl last Nov), and the rain, but coming home last night, yeah definitely worth the money.

HArd to justify the cost of some tickets but when you see the size of the stage, all the effort and props that go into everything, well worth it.

Highlight for me was definitely Me and my Monkey. Awesome song, first time I'd heard it live. Kids with Ollie Murs was funny too.

Last night was my tenth Robbie gig & I have never regretted buying tickets for any of them!

He always puts on a great show and you get great value for your money everytime IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Absolutely brilliant gig!!! :D Worth all the waiting around and getting drenched. From the minute he arrived on stage the time just flew. Loved Me & My Monkey & Kids with Olly Murs too. And Come Undone & Hot fudge. It was my fifth time to see him live and I think it was on a par with the gig in Pheonix Park if not better. He actually had tears in his eyes at the end when the crowd were singing angels. Hope he doesn't leave it too long to come back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Anniebell wrote: »
    Last night was my tenth Robbie gig & I have never regretted buying tickets for any of them!

He always puts on a great show and you get great value for your money everytime IMO.

Anniebell, I thought I had it bad for Robbie seeing him 5 times, but ten times, wow. :) I'd go to see him another fifty if I could. He puts on such a good show doesn't he?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

This was my second and I enjoyed every second of it. Minus the cold and rain of course. I ache all over today , hot bath I think . Amazing to see all ages singing along and actually knowing the words! Male and female

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

It was so good to see him in top top form last night, I'm gutted it's over but I hope it's not another 6 years before he tours again.

I'd say he could come back next summer with Take That, probably another 2-3 years before he tours solo again.

I'd see him again too, depends on my budget in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

any one know when the encore disc is going to be available to download :(

bit of a disapiontment that you buy the cd wait till the gig is over and have to download the third disc and burn it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Brought the wife and daughter last night, brilliant night. Worth every penny, he puts his heart and soul into it, from the cockiness for the first half hour, through to giving everyone "good head" :) and then letting us finish the concert for him, F%&%ing amazing. Imagine being at one on the later shows where any glitches and bits are smoothed out. Would have liked to hear some more of the old stuff, but as he said in an interview lately, some of it does not equate for him anymore as he is in a different place.
    Anyone that has tickets for this going forward is in for a treat :)

It was funny how the older song lyrics had a new meaning to me now that I'm a little older. Some of them didn't relate to him at all anymore thankfully . But still catchy. Anybody know if Candy actually has a meaning to it ??:) love the fireworks at the end. And the balloons. Got some pretty unique photos to have:)

• Advertisement

PigeonPie wrote: »
    Anniebell, I thought I had it bad for Robbie seeing him 5 times, but ten times, wow. :) I'd go to see him another fifty if I could. He puts on such a good show doesn't he?!

Haha, I know! It doesn't seem like I've seen him that many times but when I counted them out yesterday I realised Aviva was number 10!

He really puts so much energy into his shows and I really noticed last night how much his vocals have improved in the last few times I've seen him.

I could be totally wrong given that I don't know him personally, but he gave off such a vibe of really enjoying himself last night which is well documented that he didn't enjoy touring years ago but he seems so much happier in himself now & it really showed in his performance I felt.

did anyone happen to see the old guy's face when the camera was on him ahahahahahahaha , made evening even better lol

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Last night was incredible! I was at the side of the stage where he flew down on that zip line. He looked at me when I took some pics of him and sang the first few seconds of Come Undone to me. I can't get over how amazing it was. The stage production was fantastic! Going to see him next week in Manchester. The rain didn't annoy me but I have lost my voice! Glad people had a great time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

karaokeman wrote: »
    There were a few seats curtained off, but it looked 95% full from where I was standing.

Fantastic gig, 3rd time seeing him and each time better than the last.

There were 47,000 there, I don't know what full capacity is for gigs but there were some huge empty patches in the stands.

Good show though!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Great concert, although it went by very fast, probably due to the pints of wine. Got chatting to a gorgeous blonde girl at the gig, the dope that I am I cant remember her name and didnt even ask for her number. So tall blonde girl in the pink jeans, that was in slatterys after too, its me!! ha:D

Great concert, although it went by very fast, probably due to the pints of wine. Got chatting to a gorgeous blonde girl at the gig, the dope that I am I cant remember her name and didnt even ask for her number. So tall blonde girl in the pink jeans, that was in slatterys after too, its me!! ha:D

forget it man , it was just the beer goggles
    old-lady-smoking-cigar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I'm a casual Robbie fan but have seen him three times in the past. Blown away by his charisma and professionalism on Friday night at the Aviva. He has soared so far above the "cheeky chappy" boyband image and had the audience eating from his hand. Even though he's basically a pop act (with a lot of pretty ordinary songs) the gig reminded me of Prince's better ones in terms of how he quaked the crowd. Robbie is more relevant and necessary than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 colours of a cowboy cliche

Haha, I know! It doesn't seem like I've seen him that many times but when I counted them out yesterday I realised Aviva was number 10!

He really puts so much energy into his shows and I really noticed last night how much his vocals have improved in the last few times I've seen him.

I could be totally wrong given that I don't know him personally, but he gave off such a vibe of really enjoying himself last night which is well documented that he didn't enjoy touring years ago but he seems so much happier in himself now & it really showed in his performance I felt.

Snap...The Aviva was also my tenth Robbie gig. My first was his gig in the Olympia way back when.

I 100% agree with you in that he looked very happy and comfortable throughout the show. I felt when he addressed the crowd that it was mostly genuine, spontaneous, and didn't feel forced which is a sign that he's more comfortable, I think. His vocals have definitely improved and are much less throaty. Perhaps he's gone back to having singing lessons. I thought Olly's vocals were weak as it happens.

I really enjoyed the show and I was delighted he played 'Better Man'. 'Angels' was phenomenal as always. My only gripe with the show (and it's a small one) was that I felt it was a bit gimmicky in places, as if he had to compete with the spectacle of the Take That tours. While the heads were great and the visuals were stunning, I felt that for songs like 'Feel', I would've preferred him to just sing the song to the crowd rather than being in a giant moving head which was a bit of a distraction, IMO. I think he can command a stage without all of the extra bits - Slane and Knebworth are evidence of this. Again, it's just a small gripe and I really enjoyed the show. I wish I was going again to be honest.

Niamh_101. I must've been near you. He gave me a smile in the middle of Come Undone. I love that song and when he looked in my direction, I was the only one in my immediate vicinity not taking photos but just singing along to my heart's content so he gave me a little smile and sang a line or two to me. I was a happy bunny :D

With regards to the capacity, from my perspective it looked at about 95% full with the seats up high at the back unoccupied and the usual sections cordoned off. It certainly looked fuller than the Lady Gaga show in September.

Glad everyone enjoyed the show. I hope it's not too long before the next visit although I think this may his last stadium tour unfortunately.

Snap...The Aviva was also my tenth Robbie gig. My first was his gig in the Olympia way back when.

I 100% agree with you in that he looked very happy and comfortable throughout the show. I felt when he addressed the crowd that it was mostly genuine, spontaneous, and didn't feel forced which is a sign that he's more comfortable, I think. His vocals have definitely improved and are much less throaty. Perhaps he's gone back to having singing lessons. I thought Olly's vocals were weak as it happens.

I really enjoyed the show and I was delighted he played 'Better Man'. 'Angels' was phenomenal as always. My only gripe with the show (and it's a small one) was that I felt it was a bit gimmicky in places, as if he had to compete with the spectacle of the Take That tours. While the heads were great and the visuals were stunning, I felt that for songs like 'Feel', I would've preferred him to just sing the song to the crowd rather than being in a giant moving head which was a bit of a distraction, IMO. I think he can command a stage without all of the extra bits - Slane and Knebworth are evidence of this. Again, it's just a small gripe and I really enjoyed the show. I wish I was going again to be honest.

Niamh_101. I must've been near you. He gave me a smile in the middle of Come Undone. I love that song and when he looked in my direction, I was the only one in my immediate vicinity not taking photos but just singing along to my heart's content so he gave me a little smile and sang a line or two to me. I was a happy bunny :D

With regards to the capacity, from my perspective it looked at about 95% full with the seats up high at the back unoccupied and the usual sections cordoned off. It certainly looked fuller than the Lady Gaga show in September.

Glad everyone enjoyed the show. I hope it's not too long before the next visit although I think this may his last stadium tour unfortunately.

My camera battery was exhausted by the time he sang that song lol I got really giddy ha! Did you see his blog today? Short, sweet and exciting when he said he will be back soon :)

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    My camera battery was exhausted by the time he sang that song lol I got really giddy ha! Did you see his blog today? Short, sweet and exciting when he said he will be back soon :)

Lol, me too. I'm far removed from my teenage years and I was fairly giddy myself. The power of pop stars, eh?!

I did see his blog. It was lovely and hopefully, he will be back soon.

Does anyone know if there were programs for sale? I was so annoyed I couldn't access the merch stand from standing area 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Lol, me too. I'm far removed from my teenage years and I was fairly giddy myself. The power of pop stars, eh?!

Does anyone know if there were programs for sale? I was so annoyed I couldn't access the merch stand from standing area 1.

You could try Ebay. Not sure why there is none on Robbie's website shop.

You actually could get access to the merchandise stalls after the show from standing area 1. I had thought that they wont let you down as usually at Aviva and Croke Park they dont, so was surprised there was access to the back.

ciaramc wrote: »
    You could try Ebay. Not sure why there is none on Robbie's website shop.

You actually could get access to the merchandise stalls after the show from standing area 1. I had thought that they wont let you down as usually at Aviva and Croke Park they dont, so was surprised there was access to the back.

Thanks. I'll try eBay.

Security wouldn't let me go through to the back unfortunately. They told me to go to level 1, that there was a stand there but apparently it was only there before the show. I'd say at that point they just wanted people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

There were 47,000 there, I don't know what full capacity is for gigs but there were some huge empty patches in the stands.

Good show though!

MCD saying in this Indo article today that there was over 50,000 at the gig. Capacity is 55,000 for gigs it claims although it has been claimed previously that it was 65,000 for gigs. Either way it was a much bigger success than Madge or Gaga who only did in the mid thirties. If he did sell over 50K than it is potentially the highest attended gig so far at the Aviva. Neil Diamond is the only act to sell over 50K for one night but I would say at least 30% of the tickets for that were given away in comps and with the sheer amount of money MCD spent on radio adverts alone it was a bit of a disaster.

Looked like a top notch gig. In fairness there are few acts in the world better for entertaining a stadium full of people and holding them in the palm of his hand throughout. I saw him at Slane back in the late 90's and it was just him and his band and it was superb. He must be the only major pop act who doesn't need special effects or fancy dance routines - ends up more like a front man to a band. Although there was a big production at the Aviva gig. When you are charging people as much these days though you have to be seen to be spending a good bit on the show if it is a big pop gig.

Doesn't he have a Swing album out for Xmas? Heard about duets with Michael Buble and Adele. Maybe he will tour that here next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Pinkman wrote: »
    MCD saying in this Indo article today that there was over 50,000 at the gig. Capacity is 55,000 for gigs it claims although it has been claimed previously that it was 65,000 for gigs. Either way it was a much bigger success than Madge or Gaga who only did in the mid thirties. If he did sell over 50K than it is potentially the highest attended gig so far at the Aviva. Neil Diamond is the only act to sell over 50K for one night but I would say at least 30% of the tickets for that were given away in comps and with the sheer amount of money MCD spent on radio adverts alone it was a bit of a disaster.

Looked like a top notch gig. In fairness there are few acts in the world better for entertaining a stadium full of people and holding them in the palm of his hand throughout. I saw him at Slane back in the late 90's and it was just him and his band and it was superb. He must be the only major pop act who doesn't need special effects or fancy dance routines - ends up more like a front man to a band. Although there was a big production at the Aviva gig. When you are charging people as much these days though you have to be seen to be spending a good bit on the show if it is a big pop gig.

Doesn't he have a Swing album out for Xmas? Heard about duets with Michael Buble and Adele. Maybe he will tour that here next year?

I work in the aviva, the stats given to us on the day were 47,000 and 65% women - wouldn't be the first time they have them wrong though. I really liked the concert, very busy day for me though!

Really I loved Robbie's Swing when you are winning album :) that would be brilliant . Always think his swing is better than Buble's . Would very interesting to hear a duet . Michael is also a little charmer !

Actually I was disappointed there wasn't at least one swing song sung the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Great show!

Just wish I remembered more of it. The after-party and the copius amounts of alcohol are to blame there! But I remember loving every bit of the show! Got soaked but who cares. The videos are great and bring it all back!

Sore neck ever since from having people up on my shoulders!!

You could always check on his website? I'm sure they will be updating it soon. I'm seeing him in Manchester on Friday so I'll be getting one and a mug which are so hard to get online!

still waiting for the encore disc to be available to download :(

• Advertisement

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    You could always check on his website? I'm sure they will be updating it soon. I'm seeing him in Manchester on Friday so I'll be getting one and a mug which are so hard to get online!

It's not on his website unfortunately. Maybe it'll be updated like you said or I might email them. I always get programmes at concerts I go to.

Lucky you, seeing him in Machester!! Have a great time. :)

Advertisement