Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

sydthebeat wrote: »
    are you not getting hit for about €22 delivery on top of that 271?

It says free delivery on orders over 50

• Subscribers Posts: 41,077 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It says free delivery on orders over 50

yeah, i just tried that out... good deal..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Is it just my Poco, or does anyone elses phone, when they havea missed call, says "4 times" regardless how many times you may or may not have called each other:confused:

Screenshot-2019-02-16-09-51-58-248-com-android-contacts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Is it just my Poco, or does anyone elses phone, when they havea missed call, says "4 times" regardless how many times you may or may not have called each other:confused:

No, I've no problem with mine. You aren't using a different dialer are you? I had problems with chompsms for texts and had to go back to default text messaging app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ye mine comes up like that as well.
    comes up when I check the call log and numbers I never answered.
    My last call says rang 14 times.
    Must be the amount of "rings" they did before they hung up.

• Advertisement

pulled the trigger on this last night... delivered for €337
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-armoured-edition.html

as an upgrade from my A1.

gonna try this screen protector

and this case

my last order from e-global took about 22 days, hopefully this one will be quicker

so the phone arrived today (kevlar 6, 128 version) from eglobal

having ordered it on the 28th January, that means a 21 day delivery period.... very similar to the 22 day delivery for the A2 lite i ordered with them before xmas.

happy enough to wait that period for this phone at that price, as an upgrade on my A1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

honda boi wrote: »
    Ye mine comes up like that as well.
    comes up when I check the call log and numbers I never answered.
    My last call says rang 14 times.
    Must be the amount of "rings" they did before they hung up.

I've noticed some weird figures like that. Was wondering if it might be the total number of calls I've had from a given number, rather than the missed calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

it's the number of times your phone rang, not the number of missed calls.

it's the number of times your phone rang, not the number of missed calls.

any way of changing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

any way of changing that?

I don't know to be honest, there might be some sort of setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

64gb is 350 on littlewoods. Interest free if played off within 6 months by choosing buy now pay later option at checkout. Bit higher than elsewhere, but pay off monthly may be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Anyone recommend a slim case for the Pocophone, the one you get free in the box keeps slipping off my phone. Or any creative ways to shrink the case to fit better? Place in boiling water and let it cool down rapidly or something like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Anyone recommend a slim case for the Pocophone, the one you get free in the box keeps slipping off my phone. Or any creative ways to shrink the case to fit better? Place in boiling water and let it cool down rapidly or something like that ?

I've got this on mine since November and find it great, especially for the price!

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c6ad9rsM

I've got this on mine since November and find it great, especially for the price!

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c6ad9rsM

Bonus round

Order it and select the faster shipping. Brings it over $4.00 price and applies the $3 coupon so ends up being faster delivery for cheaper than base order

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

I have the same one does the job perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

(Disclaimer! Apologies in advance, I don't have a Poco F1 so not not really qualified to be posting advice here, but might be useful nonetheless. And am keenly keeping an eye out for the F2 so I do have an interest in the F1 nonetheless :) )

I also have that case, albeit on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.

Offers good protection vs weight and bulk.
    And it has protected my phone nicely from a high speed impact onto concrete!

However I wouldn't classify it as slim.
    Certainly not bulky though either.

I don't know if the Poco case is the same, but I would recommend a carbon fibre slim case based on the one on my Redmi.
    Less protection, but certainly thinner.
    Feels lovely in the hand too (as does the other one).

Here are 2 I found (bought mine from GB also)

https://m.gearbest.com/cases-leather/pp_009607564092.html?wid=1433363

https://m.gearbest.com/cases-leather/pp_009717803983.html?wid=1433363

At those prices why not buy them all and try them out and see which ones suits you best?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

If i buy this on amazon uk, I can use vodafone sim on it here in Ireland?

Yes it's fully unlocked any network

Poco or Mi A2 for 130/140 quid cheaper? What would you go for?

I am leaning towards Mi A2.

Poco

for the SD 845 alone.
    The battery is the other main difference

the difference between the two in the aliexpress mi glocals store is only €70

• Advertisement

I got a system update at lunchtime, waited until I got home to install it but the phone is not showing the update anymore ? It disappeared, phones says it's up to date when I manually check for the update.

What's going on here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I got a system update at lunchtime, waited until I got home to install it but the phone is not showing the update anymore ? It disappeared, phones says it's up to date when I manually check for the update.

What's going on here ?

I suspect it was a system app update, got a few during the week myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Anyone else annoyed with the notifications not being shown when you turn the screen on?
    Any quick solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dooleyst

I'm really eager to get this but fairly apprehensive about ordering offline. Can i pick up any version of this or will some not work here? I am on Eir at the moment.

Can anyone recommend a good link to purchase from? Bit over my head

Edit: might the easier if anyone could help confirm that the following would work fine in Ireland?

banggood.com/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-Global-Version-6_18-inch-6GB-64GB-Snapdragon-845-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone

Thanks!

Global version is the one you want honorbuy get the best reviews on here for speed of delivery

Mine arrived today.
    Luckily only had to pay €200 for it

300 from littlewoods and they accept All4One
    Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

sioda wrote:
    Global version is the one you want honorbuy get the best reviews on here for speed of delivery

What he/she said

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Mine arrived today.
    Luckily only had to pay €200 for it

Where'd you get it for €200?

JohnK wrote: »
    Where'd you get it for €200?

300 from littlewoods and they accept All4One (I had a gift of €100 card handed to me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dooleyst

sioda wrote: »

Sounds good thank you

Any experience with BangGood? I have a discount of about €80 for it on the site, but happy to pay extra if Honorbuy is much safer

Advertisement