Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

positron wrote: »
    I don't know if the later part is true. I was there last month, and new JIO sim with 1.5 GB of data per day, for 30 days.... wait for it... 1 euro 50 cents. (120 rupees).

Data is not expensive there, not since 2016 when JIO launched and changed the whole market.

Not expensive for you. But it's comparatively expensive for most Indian people. You'd burn through 1.5gb a day pretty quickly streaming in 1080p too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Not expensive for you. But it's comparatively expensive for most Indian people. You'd burn through 1.5gb a day pretty quickly streaming in 1080p too.

+1
    The average salary in India is @€;580 per year.
    Taking even just €1.50 from that mounts up very quickly.
    Whilst data is relatively cheap compared to Irish rates, the comparison really needs to be made versus an Indian income.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Albanach1

Does anyone know how to turn off the notification whenever you lose network connection.

There is a bad spot in my house for signal & whenever I go near I get a notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Albanach1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to turn off the notification whenever you lose network connection.

There is a bad spot in my house for signal & whenever I go near I get a notification.

Did you try long pressing on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭jeffk

I'm guessing this is the budget phone to get?

Any recombinations on where you get it?

Thinking Amazon as want to be sure if warranty etc, the solution shop is another one coming up, Irish tech website seem to rate if, one of them writes for XDA

Don't want to with eglobal after hearing some horror stories. Then don't want to get stung with custom's or having to send if back to outside of EU if issues with other sites

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

jeffk wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is the budget phone to get?

Any recombinations on where you get it?

Thinking Amazon as want to be sure if warranty etc, the solution shop is another one coming up, Irish tech website seem to rate if, one of them writes for XDA

Don't want to with eglobal after hearing some horror stories. Then don't want to get stung with custom's or having to send if back to outside of EU if issues with other sites

Thanks

Honourbuy seems to be the best place to get it from

Another thing

Is rooting etc going to void warranty with that site or Xiaomi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

I understand what you are getting at, but do trust me on this - I am from India myself, and I have dozens of friends and family there, and the country has changed massively in last few years. 150 rupees is not a lot of money in India.

Perhaps some comparisons will help - 150 rupees will buy two liters of petrol there. A liter of milk is around 40 rupees. A loaf of bread is around 35 rupees but more importantly a kilo of rice is around 40 rupees. A glass of tea at the side of the road would be 20 rupees, and cheapest of the cheap corner tea-stall breakfast would be 60-100 rupees, where as a cheapest of the cheap lunch/dinner would also be around 100 rupees. A beer would also be around 100 rupees, if not more depending on the state taxes. A daily wage worker of no special skills gets between 600 and 1400 rupees per day in parts of India (less or more in other parts, it's a large country).
    banie01 wrote:
    +1
    The average salary in India is @€;580 per year.
    Taking even just €1.50 from that mounts up very quickly.
    Whilst data is relatively cheap compared to Irish rates, the comparison really needs to be made versus an Indian income.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_India
    India's per capita income (nominal) was $1670 per year in 2016, ranked at 112th out of 164 countries by the World Bank,[1] while its per capita income on purchasing power parity (PPP) basis was US$5,350, and ranked 106th.[2] Other estimates for per capita Gross National Income and Gross Domestic Product vary by source. For example, India's average GDP per capita on PPP basis in 2009, according to The Economist, was US$5,138, with significant variation among its states and union territories. Goa had the highest per capita PPP GDP at US$14903, while Bihar the lowest with per capita PPP GDP of US$682 as of 2015 [3] In rupee terms, India's Per capita income grew by 10.4% to reach Rs.74,920 in 2013-14.

And the 150 rupees is for a month of internet access with a cap of 1.5 GB per day.

E313 128Gb version form Aliexpress from France via DHL, shame its blue but then going to get a cover recommended here as hate clear covers

Back looking

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109024728

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭eggy81

Anyone know how I can get my phone to sync with Micloud or do I even need to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

I can't seem to find the Dublin Bus app in the play store on this phone. Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

hernie wrote: »
    I can't seem to find the Dublin Bus app in the play store on this phone. Anyone else have this issue?

Which one?

Loads available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

think he means the official app?

Which one?

Loads available.
    think he means the official app?

I'm looking for the official app. Johnny, doesn't seem to be in your search results either from your screenshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hey all is there a easy way to remove the mi apps without rooting the phone

I'm looking for the official app. Johnny, doesn't seem to be in your search results either from your screenshot?

You're right, strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

Will I hit up for tax ordering from http://www.eglobalcentral.eu

Looks like they're UK based

Cheers Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I had the same issue after I got the phone, even searching on their website I couldn't find a link to it. I wonder have they discontinued it?

I think they may have rolled the official app in to the transport for Ireland app or whatever it's called.

I'm currently using the one called next bus, works quite well.

I had the same issue after I got the phone, even searching on their website I couldn't find a link to it. I wonder have they discontinued it?

I think they may have rolled the official app in to the transport for Ireland app or whatever it's called.

I'm currently using the one called next bus, works quite well.

The apps are still available:
    https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Mobileapps/
    I've checked other phones and they can find them. It's like Xiaomi is not authorised/approved to use it.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,228 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The apps are still available:
    https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Mobileapps/
    I've checked other phones and they can find them. It's like Xiaomi is not authorised/approved to use it.

Yeah I'm getting "item not found" on my A1

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Yeah I'm getting "item not found" on my A1
    Have you looked on APK Mirror for apk download files? (Its run by android police so is safe to sideload)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,669 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

god's toy wrote: »
    Have you looked on APK Mirror for apk download files? (Its run by android police so is safe to sideload)

I uploaded a copy of the app for another user in this forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057943432

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would anyone recommend a glass screen protector and case for the Pocofone from Amazon?

Also is there anyway to uninstall/hide the bloatware apps?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend a glass screen protector and case for the Pocofone from Amazon?

already did a few pages ago.

oh and you need to root to nuke the apps that are preloaded

TitianGerm wrote: »

I bought this screen protector from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H3L53PN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It comes with a wet cloth, dry cloth and stickers to remove any crap before you put on the protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

There's an update coming soon, :pac:

See Poco F1 Tweet

Guys am I missing something, or is there no option to edit a contact after creating one?

Ie, update a number or add an email address etc?

Edit. Scratch that..... Symbol on the bottom right does it, I mistakenly thought it was there to send an SMS.

Oops.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,228 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

any sign of price dropping for this anywhere? or rumours of the next big thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Discussed here
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057943432/1/#post109045757

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    any sign of price dropping for this anywhere? or rumours of the next big thing?

I had issues getting the phone(400 euro from amazon to be sure,had it ordered on aliexpress and then they wanted more money, EVERY shop had issues,delivery,warranty,send back to china etc) and seen this

Got it on Amazon for 285 or so, cover in the box, but waiting on covers from Ailexpress as hate clear covers

Love the phone
    Pie update when I was setting it up
    Super fast
    Battery lasts over a day easily
    Charges(with the plug/cable that came with it) in under 2 hours from almost dead
    5Ghz wifi and processor make doing stuff like update apps,snapchat almost instant
    Loving the gestures for back forward home recent etc, makes more use of the screen
    Phone is big, but to be its long so easy to hole

Only listing things I like off my head as there is so much good

Any questions just ask

Advertisement