Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

300 from littlewoods and they accept All4One (I had a gift of €100 card handed to me)

Ah, right - I was thinking you'd gotten a major deal there for a second :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can't find it, but does anyone know if there's any option to use wi-fi calling with this handset?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Can't find it, but does anyone know if there's any option to use wi-fi calling with this handset?

WiFi calling seems to be network specific. Eir needs a modem to be installed by them for it to work, so only the handsets they sell get them.

I don't think Vodafone have rolled out their version.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

MarkR wrote: »
    WiFi calling seems to be network specific. Eir needs a modem to be installed by them for it to work, so only the handsets they sell get them.

I don't think Vodafone have rolled out their version.

Yeah I'm with Vodafone and they say they support it on their website.

https://n.vodafone.ie/support/bill-pay-hub/bill-pay/wi-fi-calling.html

Prob unlikely I'll be able to use it on the Poco though, can't see Vodafone releasing a firmware update for this handset. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,229 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

From my reading up on it...

Long answer yes.... The phone CAN do it... But...

Sorry answer no, as it requires rooting as miui doesn't cater for it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've enabled wifi calling (I've a different rom, Lineage, installed). Even with that, it requires more than that. The network has to initiate some form of handshake to enable it on the handset if I remember right (looking at it since I had a oneplus 3).

The speed of this phone is beautiful.
    Some leap, for me, from a Nokia 5 struggling to open apps and killing battery to a relative powerhouse.

And it takes a lovely picture

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

This still worth getting? See its 260 delivered on Eglobal?

Have a Samsung j5 2017 and its not cutting the mustard.

Wondering should I wait until the F2 is announced later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭sioda

260 is a bargain snap it up. Great phone you'll have no regrets

This still worth getting? See its 260 delivered on Eglobal?

Have a Samsung j5 2017 and its not cutting the mustard.

Wondering should I wait until the F2 is announced later this year.

depends on your requirements for a phone right now...

the F2 may not be available for another 3 months or so... and its specs are still rumoured.
    seems the big draw will be the 48mp primary camera... and the new 855 SD chipset....

the F1 is still a monster phone for the current phone, and the more the price drops the better value it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

sydthebeat wrote: »
    depends on your requirements for a phone right now...

the F2 may not be available for another 3 months or so... and its specs are still rumoured.
    seems the big draw will be the 48mp primary camera... and the new 855 SD chipset....

the F1 is still a monster phone for the current phone, and the more the price drops the better value it is.

No real need for it, went from a Moto g4 to a samsung J5 around 6 months ago. Just purchased it as I had no phone as the Moto bit the dust.

The 48mp does sound unreal though. May sit on it, but yeah spec wise and reading this thread it seems like a great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

My battery endurance has dropped with the latest OTA. I don't get two days anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

My battery endurance has dropped with the latest OTA. I don't get two days anymore.

Ah yes that that explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

Hi Guys

Deciding between F1 or Redmi Note 7, any advice or suggested alternatives. (4/64 or 6/64 options).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Ordered from banggood yesterday. Cost €251. Due for delivery on 12 April using EU priority.

Lost my Note 5 last week so back to my Note 4 for the next 3 weeks while I await delivery.

Can anyone recommend any steps that should be completed on step up to optimize the phone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

Damo W wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Deciding between F1 or Redmi Note 7, any advice or suggested alternatives. (4/64 or 6/64 options).

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. What are people's thoughts

I'm in the same boat. What are people's thoughts
    SD 845 in the f1 should be faster...
    seen this:
    Redmi Note 7 Pro vs Pocophone F1 Speed test/Gaming comparison Snapdragon 675 vs 845

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUBZBmjpWj8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Probably going to grab the 128gb version of this.

Is it still the best phone for the money? Or is there something better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Stokolan wrote: »
    Probably going to grab the 128gb version of this.

Is it still the best phone for the money? Or is there something better?

Still the best. Compare price of 128gb vs buying a 64gb + sd card for storage if you'll be putting media on the phone. Buying a 64gb phone + 128gb card was cheaper than buying the 128gb by $20-$30 for me at the time so made much more sense.

Have been amazed with the performance, no oddities - I'm constantly flitting between replies on different forums across the web and have never had a tab reload and delete half-written comments. Happened a LOT with the Mi 5s (3gb) and drove me fúcking bananas. Battery life is great.

Only real complaint is lack of NFC, it was retarded of them to skip a tiny component they already have software written for which likely costs less than $1-$2 for them to include. Brainless.
    Oh, and the notch. Ugly, dumb, stupid crap. I'll live with it but my god, such an obnoxious design decision just to "hurr Durr, we be APPL nao!"

Doesn't the 128 have more RAM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Doesn't the 128 have more RAM?

On the Pocophone?
    No, same RAM, 6gb, different OS disk size, 64gb/128gb.

256gb version has 8gb RAM but 256gb OS disk size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Hi
    Thinking of taking the plunge on the 64Gb model. It's 265e on amazon.it. I've one question as this is a European model. Will it work here? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭oconnorw

Hi Thinking of taking the plunge on the 64Gb model. It's 265e on amazon.it. I've one question as this is a European model. Will it work here? Thanks

Hi yes I bought on Amazon UK. It is network unlocked and thus will work on any network in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Anyone annoyed with the lack of lock screen notification on the F1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

oconnorw wrote: »
    Hi yes I bought on Amazon UK. It is network unlocked and thus will work on any network in Ireland.

What will the language setting be by default? Will it allow you to choose English?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

What will the language setting be by default? Will it allow you to choose English?

Yes English will be there

I'm also interested in knowing about this. Any steps or "must do" things to get out of the way first?

Should be arriving in a couple of days. :D:cool:

The very first thing I did, and one of recommend to all, is put Google camera app on.

https://www.thecustomdroid.com/google-camera-port-xiaomi-poco-f1-mi-8-mi-mix-2s/

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The very first thing I did, and one of recommend to all, is put Google camera app on.

https://www.thecustomdroid.com/google-camera-port-xiaomi-poco-f1-mi-8-mi-mix-2s/
    Don't know why I waited this long to download this app. Thanks for the reminder! it's soo much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Best place to buy this phone atm folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Best place to buy this phone atm folks?

Amazon or honorbuy I'd say

Advertisement