Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I see there is €20 off the pocofone on MI.ES
    https://buy.mi.com/es/buy/product/pocophone-f1

how do you get that shipped to ireland ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,229 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

bennyc wrote: »
    I see there is €20 off the pocofone on MI.ES
    https://buy.mi.com/es/buy/product/pocophone-f1

how do you get that shipped to ireland ?

i think you need a Spanish address to create an account to purchase through there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Trigger pulled from eGlobal on the 64GB Pocophone F1 @€;264, I have a Redmi Notes 4 so it will be a nice upgrade, I had a budget for a Note 7 so didn't break the bank too much. Anyone recommend a nice case, something slim and nice to hold, I liked the metal of the note 4 with no case so something down that road.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

bennyc wrote: »
    Trigger pulled from eGlobal on the 64GB Pocophone F1 @€;264, I have a Redmi Notes 4 so it will be a nice upgrade, I had a budget for a Note 7 so didn't break the bank too much. Anyone recommend a nice case, something slim and nice to hold, I liked the metal of the note 4 with no case so something down that road.

I've a ringke fusion case. Like the feel of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got a system update today and for one all too brief moment I had full system wide dark mode! looked ace! every menu. then the phone restarted and it was gone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Well to update I got a new screen and LCD fitted for 60€ in a shop called Phone shop address is 3 Moore street.all working perfect glad to have phone back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

honda boi wrote: »

I got the notification about this update yesterday and this morning, but when I open it and go to the updater it rechecks and then says I am already up to date (on 10.2). Anyone else get this?

I got the notification about this update yesterday and this morning, but when I open it and go to the updater it rechecks and then says I am already up to date (on 10.2). Anyone else get this?

theres a direct link to download the update at the bottom of that article.

they push updates out sporadically and id expect ireland to be pretty low down the list for urgency to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Something that was added recently enough. In order to install tbe update manually, you now have to tap the update screen 5 times to unlock the "Choose Update Package" option. Wasn't always like that.

Updated yesterday, no problems so far. Battery life unchanged I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    theres a direct link to download the update at the bottom of that article.

they push updates out sporadically and id expect ireland to be pretty low down the list for urgency to get it
    Got it yesterday myself.

Would it be worth getting this phone or waiting for one plus 7? Currently on a one plus 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭sioda

I moved from a Op3 and its a great upgrade faster better battery and camera.
    The only downside for me was the loss of the slider you become very used to it.
    Thought I'd miss the fat charge but never get less than a day from this now with very heavy use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Took the plunge on eglobal. F1 64GB model with wallet cover and screen protector. 280ish all in including postage. Hope I don't regret it as I've been a Moto g user for guts of 4 years. Was tempted to go Moto g7 plus. How long does the delivery normally take? Thanks

Took the plunge on eglobal. F1 64GB model with wallet cover and screen protector. 280ish all in including postage. Hope I don't regret it as I've been a Moto g user for guts of 4 years. Was tempted to go Moto g7 plus. How long does the delivery normally take? Thanks

Give it about 22-24 days with eglobal

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Give it about 22-24 days with eglobal

Crikey that long? 4 weeks! A well will have to wait.

Something that was added recently enough. In order to install tbe update manually, you now have to tap the update screen 5 times to unlock the "Choose Update Package" option. Wasn't always like that.

Updated yesterday, no problems so far. Battery life unchanged I feel.

Hmm, so I can do that, but it wont give me the option to load a local file, only a file on google Drive (or whatsapp for some reason). I've uploaded the update to my drive and now it wont load it (it started to open it and then nothing happens).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Crikey that long? 4 weeks! A well will have to wait.

Haven’t ordered from them in a long time(was some camera gear) but delivery was less than a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

When I bought my latest phone from them it took about 12 days iirc.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    When I bought my latest phone from them it took about 12 days iirc.

I went for the I insured postage option so hoping it will be alot quicker. Still wondering if I should have gone with Moto. What's the build quality like in these F1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Has anyone tried changing the firmware (as per the Linus video) with a PC with a Ryzen CPU powered PC? Seems a lot of people had issues with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭savemejebus

brianblaze wrote: »
    Has anyone tried changing the firmware (as per the Linus video) with a PC with a Ryzen CPU powered PC? Seems a lot of people had issues with this?

from everything i've read it just doesn't work with a Ryzen cpu, also have read that Linus's guide is woeful, and that there are better out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

from everything i've read it just doesn't work with a Ryzen cpu, also have read that Linus's guide is woeful, and that there are better out there.

There's a channel (Munchy Channel I think) that has a decent one but those of us with AMD hardware seem farily funked to mess around with it! Stock UI it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭honda boi

I went for the I insured postage option so hoping it will be alot quicker. Still wondering if I should have gone with Moto. What's the build quality like in these F1.

Had mine since October.
    Has had a few bangs and still 100%.
    Just keep it in a flip case so adds to the protection. And a glass screen protector. I just buy a few $1-2 screen protectors.
    Phones very good and never sweats no matter what I try to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭eggy81

Still seems like the best value phone out there at the moment. I bought 1 and sold it because I couldn't find a decent case to shut my type of work and am still using my s7 and even now still can't see much else sort buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Hmm, so I can do that, but it wont give me the option to load a local file, only a file on google Drive (or whatsapp for some reason). I've uploaded the update to my drive and now it wont load it (it started to open it and then nothing happens).

Not sure, I get these options when I hit "Choose Update Package"

477387.png

477388.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭savemejebus

128gb Version on Amazon Italy for €288 + 9.30 express delivery

3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon so I think it's a pretty good deal.

This arrived yesterday but only got around to it this morning. In case anyone was wondering, it is the global version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

This or the P20 pro for 480 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

mathie wrote: »
    This or the P20 pro for 480 euro?

That depends on what you value most in a phone I guess. If the fancy camera and AMOLED screen are a big draw and worth the extra notes to you, P20 easily.

If you prefer snappier-feeling performance switching between things or loading anything (any perception of lag drives me berserk) and a longer lifespan for gaming, Pocophone - and have a few nights out on the town or take some young wan to Dingle for the weekend or something.

• Advertisement

Not sure, I get these options when I hit "Choose Update Package"

When I press "Choose Update Package" I get:
    477484.png

Advertisement