Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

This still worth getting? See its 260 delivered on Eglobal?

Have a Samsung j5 2017 and its not cutting the mustard.

Wondering should I wait until the F2 is announced later this year.

Was that €260?

I see it is £242.99 today for 128GB

So tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Was coming in at over 300 fpr me from honor buy. That includes postage with DHL. Is there any chance of getting hit with customs if bought from eglobal ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,209 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Was coming in at over 300 fpr me from honor buy. That includes postage with DHL. Is there any chance of getting hit with customs if bought from eglobal ?

Three phones in the last year with no custom issues for me.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,209 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

For those interested, face unlock now works if you set region to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    For those interested, face unlock now works if you set region to UK.
    Yep been working on UK for a few months now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭leche solara

The most recent update has sure slashed battery time. Up to the other day I would comfortably get 2 days and a bit out of a charge, now its only a day and a half. Biggest users of power are Android system and Xiaomi service framework. Phone's main advantage over competitors was great battery. Now thats gone its just another phone. Its lost its edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Ordered from banggood yesterday. Cost €251. Due for delivery on 12 April using EU priority.

Lost my Note 5 last week so back to my Note 4 for the next 3 weeks while I await delivery.

Can anyone recommend any steps that should be completed on step up to optimize the phone ?

Update on delivery from Banggood. Expected date changed to 29 March. 2 weeks sooner than I was expecting. Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Update on delivery from Banggood. Expected date changed to 29 March. 2 weeks sooner than I was expecting. Nice

How did you get it for €251?

Ordered here

https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-Global-Version-6_18-inch-6GB-64GB-Snapdragon-845-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1334655.html?ID=229&cur_warehouse=HK

Used code 3F1BG4CL for a $70 discount

Order Totals
    Sub-Total: US$339.99
    Coupons:3F1BG4CL:: US$-70.00
    Shipping insurance: US$6.80
    Shipping Fee: US$9.63
    Total: US$286.42

Working out at €254 with todays exchange rate
    https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=286.42&From=USD&To=EUR

But removing insurance should bring it back down for you. Order placed on the 19th and looks like I'll have it on the 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Probably customs on top of that?

• Advertisement

Hopefully not, I'll let ye know tomorrow when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Hopefully not, I'll let ye know tomorrow when it arrives.

Did you avoid the tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

brianblaze wrote: »
    Did you avoid the tax?
    Supposed to be No Tax with EU Priority shipping .
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/resellers#wiki_recommended_resellers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Usually not, about 10% get hit from gearbest/banggood orders in my experience.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Also, the phone is 262e on eglobal, that's guaranteed no customs

brianblaze wrote: »
    Did you avoid the tax?

Package delayed by GLS couriers. Hope to have it Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

The most recent update has sure slashed battery time. Up to the other day I would comfortably get 2 days and a bit out of a charge, now its only a day and a half. Biggest users of power are Android system and Xiaomi service framework. Phone's main advantage over competitors was great battery. Now thats gone its just another phone. Its lost its edge.

What was the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Package delayed by GLS couriers. Hope to have it Monday.

waiting hard to see how you get on with customs, I am about to pull the trigger on one from banggood for 247 with a case,
    Am I right in saying all I need is the Global Version to ensure I have the correct LTE coverage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

bennyc wrote: »
    waiting hard to see how you get on with customs, I am about to pull the trigger on one from banggood for 247 with a case,
    Am I right in saying all I need is the Global Version to ensure I have the correct LTE coverage ?

I got done by customs on a Android box from banggood. Isn't same phone from eglobal around 265e with customs paid?

• Advertisement

Looks like GLS have lost my phone somewhere between their UK hub and Ireland.

I spoke to them yesterday and they said it is likely the label has fallen off in transport.

They said they would continue to search their warehouse for it but it may be some time before they have an answer.

Claim opened with PayPal. Looks like I'm stuck with my note 4 for a least a while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭savemejebus

128gb Version on Amazon Italy for €288 + 9.30 express delivery

3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon so I think it's a pretty good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Isn't that the Germany/France/Italy version? Can that version be used here?

International version is €350 and UK version is out of stock.

I'm going to go for this but can't find the 9.30 express delivery?

I'm just getting a standard €8.13 option. any idea how to get the express delivery on the Italian site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Is this a worthy upgrade from a Google pixel XL or will I get a Xiaomi Mi 9?

I'm going to go for this but can't find the 9.30 express delivery?

I'm just getting a standard €8.13 option. any idea how to get the express delivery on the Italian site ?

Got it sorted, just changed the address to parcel wizard and then back to Irish address and it gave me faster delivery. Should have it Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Got it sorted, just changed the address to parcel wizard and then back to Irish address and it gave me faster delivery. Should have it Tuesday.

I take it you are getting the IT version, is it only a matter of changing the language to English on the settings ?

I take it you are getting the IT version, is it only a matter of changing the language to English on the settings ?

Yeah, the only difference I can see is the plug

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Isn't that the Germany/France/Italy version? Can that version be used here?

International version is €350 and UK version is out of stock.

Yeah, it should be fine, just get an adaptor (with fuse) for the plug and change the language and location when setting up and you will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi all has anyone had a screen replaced on a f1 in Dublin.smashed mine today and lost touch .I'm back on a Samsung a5 and I hate it .cheers

Advertisement