Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭corks finest

jeffk wrote: »
    sydthebeat wrote: »
    any sign of price dropping for this anywhere? or rumours of the next big thing?

I had issues getting the phone(400 euro from amazon to be sure,had it ordered on aliexpress and then they wanted more money, EVERY shop had issues,delivery,warranty,send back to china etc) and seen this

Got it on Amazon for 285 or so, cover in the box, but waiting on covers from Ailexpress as hate clear covers

Love the phone
    Pie update when I was setting it up
    Super fast
    Battery lasts over a day easily
    Charges(with the plug/cable that came with it) in under 2 hours from almost dead
    5Ghz wifi and processor make doing stuff like update apps,snapchat almost instant
    Loving the gestures for back forward home recent etc, makes more use of the screen
    Phone is big, but to be its long so easy to hole

Only listing things I like off my head as there is so much good

Any questions just ask
    Honor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭jeffk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭corks finest

jeffk wrote: »
    any sign of price dropping for this anywhere? or rumours of the next big thing?

I had issues getting the phone(400 euro from amazon to be sure,had it ordered on aliexpress and then they wanted more money, EVERY shop had issues,delivery,warranty,send back to china etc) and seen this

Got it on Amazon for 285 or so, cover in the box, but waiting on covers from Ailexpress as hate clear covers

Love the phone
    Pie update when I was setting it up
    Super fast
    Battery lasts over a day easily
    Charges(with the plug/cable that came with it) in under 2 hours from almost dead
    5Ghz wifi and processor make doing stuff like update apps,snapchat almost instant
    Loving the gestures for back forward home recent etc, makes more use of the screen
    Phone is big, but to be its long so easy to hole

Only listing things I like off my head as there is so much good

Any questions just ask
    Honor?
    Hi honor look the business

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Anybody got a suitable /good armband or similar for the poco?

Thanks
    W

• Registered Users Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭corkie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I updated to 10.2 yesterday and my alarm didn't go off this morning (should have been 6.45 and thankfully woke up myself at 6.53, no missed alarm notification). This happen with anyone else today, after updating? Am using Google clock app, not the MIUI clock app.

I tested it this morning shortly after with the screen on and then with the screen off and it went off both times. The settings in the alarm app haven't changed (have it set to never turn off automatically so I didn't just sleep through it) but I think the MIUI battery saver might have turned on again, so hopefully killing that stops this from happening (turned off "Use Adaptive battery" in Battery & Performance settings).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭honda boi

I updated to 10.2 yesterday and my alarm didn't go off this morning (should have been 6.45 and thankfully woke up myself at 6.53, no missed alarm notification). This happen with anyone else today, after updating? Am using Google clock app, not the MIUI clock app.

I tested it this morning shortly after with the screen on and then with the screen off and it went off both times. The settings in the alarm app haven't changed (have it set to never turn off automatically so I didn't just sleep through it) but I think the MIUI battery saver might have turned on again, so hopefully killing that stops this from happening (turned off "Use Adaptive battery" in Battery & Performance settings).
    You having any issues with your apn data settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭sioda

My data didn't work after the update but was solved by a reboot thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

honda boi wrote: »
    You having any issues with your apn data settings?

I'm not sure. My internet still works (getting 61.5Mbps down and 30.3Mbps up over 4G according to Ookla speedtest app). I only have the live.vodafone.com and mms.vodafone.net APNs on my phone and it seems I can still edit them or add a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I've noticed something that I can't decide if it's a phone, SIM, OS, or app issue.

Network coverage in parts of the office isn't great, at my desk I frequently don't have voice coverage, let alone data.
    I've noticed that when the signal improves and I get data back, apps don't always reflect that. So app features relying on data will continue to tell me I don't have an internet connection when I definitely do. Toggling airplane mode off and on doesn't work. Killing and restarting the app usually fixes it.

I initially just put it down to the app not checking again after the first failure, but it's happened with quite a few apps, some that I would have expected to work properly as they rely on an internet connection for their main function (e.g. MyTaxi). And it's not something I remembering noticing on a regular basis on my previous phone (Oneplus One).

On the other hand, I was sitting in a different spot until recently, so maybe it was always happening but less regularly and I just never noticed it. But I'd be interested to see if anyone else has noticed a similar issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Anyone have issue with the headphone socket, it was working fine since I got it on Tuesday but tonight, I can only hear cracking noises and I tried couple different sets of ear phones.
    Has anyone went through a faulty/return process with Honorbuy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Snotty wrote: »
    Anyone have issue with the headphone socket, it was working fine since I got it on Tuesday but tonight, I can only hear cracking noises and I tried couple different sets of ear phones.
    Has anyone went through a faulty/return process with Honorbuy?

Check the jack for lint from your pocket. use a plastic tooth pick to clean it out.

Check the jack for lint from your pocket. use a plastic tooth pick to clean it out.

Honorbuy responded to my email asking had I updated to the latest version, I though I had, but there was an update and after that, headphones are working fine. Very strange, but so glad it's not an issue I would have to return the phone over.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,228 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

pulled the trigger on this last night... delivered for €337
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-armoured-edition.html

as an upgrade from my A1.

gonna try this screen protector

and this case

my last order from e-global took about 22 days, hopefully this one will be quicker

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Thinking of picking up a Pocophone F1 myself. Was wondering what case would ye recommend?

Why would you want a case, it's a 300e phone. I can't stand cases, phones work so much better without cases or screen protectors..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

Has anyone installed the new update without any problems

Mine is up to date and working perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

tedpan wrote: »
    Why would you want a case, it's a 300e phone. I can't stand cases, phones work so much better without cases or screen protectors..

I use a case for mine, bought it on Amazon for 8.99 zero problems with it.

Ringke Fusion-X Case Compatible with Pocophone F1 Ergonomic Transparent [Military Drop Tested Defense] Hard PC Back TPU Bumper Impact Resistant Protection Cover for Xiaomi Poco F1 - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HRNC9C4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1xRvCbE5B6KX5

Simply because I'd rather have the peace of mind of the case for accidentally dropping the phone , which believe me , does happen.

I'm a good few months into using mine, and all I can say, for the price of this thing, I think I've been conned by the likes of Samsung for years.

The battery alone is an absolute animal. I'm getting days from this (1.5 days give or take) and the dual SIM is an absolute God send.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭honda boi

€300 is alot of money for a phone and if a case saves it from breaking it's worth it in my opinion.
    I got a leather case from China for less then a €5 and it has protected the phone from the few drops it had.
    And the glass screen protectors have saved the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

honda boi wrote: »
    €300 is alot of money for a phone and if a case saves it from breaking it's worth it in my opinion.
    I got a leather case from China for less then a €5 and it has protected the phone from the few drops it had.
    And the glass screen protectors have saved the screen.

My one concern (apart form no NFC) that originally delayed me buying this was the raised screen.

It fell about two feet over the weekend onto a not very hard floor and managed to land on the corner where it just pokes up above the TPU case. Now have a hairline crack from the bottom corner.
    I *think* it's possibly just the glass protector, but getting it off could be tricky since it's shattered in the very corner, plus I'm not even going to think about it until I have a replacement protector.

• Advertisement

OK so weird thing past 2 nights my phone has made a notification sound on the middle of the night even though do not disturb is on. Is there any log of notifications I can check.

**deleted because it was a stupid question**

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

sioda wrote:
    OK so weird thing past 2 nights my phone has made a notification sound on the middle of the night even though do not disturb is on. Is there any log of notifications I can check.

Is it updated apps by any chance?

No I checked its not done it last two nights and I have a log on the notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Is it safe to buy the pocophone from eglobalcentral.eu ? Any risk of import tax ? Will I be waiting a month to get it ? It's 271 and thats the cheapest I have seen it.

Is it safe to buy the pocophone from eglobalcentral.eu ? Any risk of import tax ? Will I be waiting a month to get it ?

A few points. Obviously you know its a Chinese company despite the. eu address.

I have ordered phones before from that site, never got caught for import tax.

Yes you will be waiting the best part of a month before you get it.
    I ordered a mi A2 lite on the 1st Dec and got it on the 23rd.

I currently have a kevlar pocophone under order with them since the 28th January and I've got an email that it was dispatched today... So I'm still expecting about about week before its on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

A few points. Obviously you know its a Chinese company despite the. eu address.

I have ordered phones before from that site, never got caught for import tax.

Yes you will be waiting the best part of a month before you get it.
    I ordered a mi A2 lite on the 1st Dec and got it on the 23rd.

I currently have a kevlar pocophone under order with them since the 28th January and I've got an email that it was dispatched today... So I'm still expecting about about week before its on my hands.

It says on their website 6 -8 working days with free delivery, do they not have EU warehouses anymore ? I wouldn't be arsed ordering if it's going to take a month to get it.

I see honorbuy have it also for 304 delivered with a 3 - 5 working day delivery from EU Warehouse (italy).

Is honorbuy reputable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Eglobal constantly lying about stock status ...So unless you could see
    “ 24 working hours dispatch” notice it is NOT in stock.
    None of 6/64 versions are in stock now, only 6/128 ... blue 6/128 currently at €299 , “24 hours dispatch “

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

I have ordered a few phones in the last 6 months from eglobal, never been charged customs fees and always delivered within the 8-10 days.

• Advertisement

Is it safe to buy the pocophone from eglobalcentral.eu ? Any risk of import tax ? Will I be waiting a month to get it ? It's 271 and thats the cheapest I have seen it.

are you not getting hit for about €22 delivery on top of that 271?

Advertisement