Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

yea this mission perplexed me a bit aswel so put it on the back burner!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

For anyone who finished the blood on the ice mission did anyone have problems getting an option to buy the house after it ?? I can't seem to find a way of getting it to work. According to the offical guide you should be able to buy house after you complete that mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

For anyone who finished the blood on the ice mission did anyone have problems getting an option to buy the house after it ?? I can't seem to find a way of getting it to work. According to the offical guide you should be able to buy house after you complete that mission.

You have to have been made a Thane to be able to buy the house. if you arent thane you arent getting the house. its 12000 gold

How do u become a thane in that section ?

How do u become a thane in that section ?

for me it was doing a part of the stormcloaks missions. no idea how to do it when you go down the imperial route.

• Advertisement

I'll check it out later. I know the guide said after finishing that mission u had option to buy the house as part of the reward

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

My g9 mouse is giving up the ghost on me. Only started yesterday. Keeps double clicking when I click once and sometimes when it's held down the click will disengage and then click again. It's really bad playing as an archer. My arrows tend to fly off at the most inappropriate times and I tend to have a pile of arrows at my feet from the random double clicking. Think I've had to reload 5 times from a stray arrow leaving before I intended it to.:mad:
    Well, I suppose that sorts a christmas present out for me. G700, here I come.
    That happened my G7, and I think they have fairly similar insides. I found that if you turn it off and mash the button good and hard, I basically stomped on it with my thumb over and over as hard as I thought the plastic could take, it would work ok again for a while. I'd guess the actuator is just getting gunked up and you could probably open and clean it too, but I never got around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

stevenmu wrote: »
    That happened my G7, and I think they have fairly similar insides. I found that if you turn it off and mash the button good and hard, I basically stomped on it with my thumb over and over as hard as I thought the plastic could take, it would work ok again for a while. I'd guess the actuator is just getting gunked up and you could probably open and clean it too, but I never got around to it.
    Yeah, I seem to ahve some good days and some bad days where it just keeps on happening to me. Last night I was playing Skyrim and I didn't have a problem with it but was having a problem earlier in the day.

I'm not getting bored of the game but I've come to the realisation that I'm spending too much time in the game and have pretty much decided to rush through the last part of the game. I've chosen sides in the Imperial/Stormcloaks quests. Done almost all the faction quests done, almost finished the Thieves Guild quest and have the last mission of the dark Brotherhood still to go. I'm now in Black reach and I think I'm losing interest in the actual dialogue. I could play the game forever, but I just wanna get through the story and leave it at that. To do this I'm rushing through dungeons and leaving a lot of chests/rooms unopened. Which is eating up the obsessive-compulsive inside of me.

So many other games to get through. Maybe, I might leave it fallow for a while and come back to it in a few weeks or something.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

for me it was doing a part of the stormcloaks missions. no idea how to do it when you go down the imperial route.

I bought it after I completed the imperial quests. Of course, at that stage I hadn't finished the blood on the ice quest so I walked into my new home to see my housecarl sitting on a chair, in the dark, next to a huge splatter of blood on the floor.

It was a cheerful welcome to my new home. Also, I can't get the blood stains or the secret ritual chamber out because I stupidly decorated before I finished the damn Blood on the Ice quests. Doh! :rolleyes:

I bought it after I completed the imperial quests. Of course, at that stage I hadn't finished the blood on the ice quest so I walked into my new home to see my housecarl sitting on a chair, in the dark, next to a huge splatter of blood on the floor.

It was a cheerful welcome to my new home. Also, I can't get the blood stains or the secret ritual chamber out because I stupidly decorated before I finished the damn Blood on the Ice quests. Doh! :rolleyes:

i did the blood on ice mission and i still have the mess all over my house! the alchemy and enchanting room? forget about it, its full of "the butchers" stuff, bones, blood and operating table everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

New patch today!! I wonder whats fecked up now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

New patch today!! I wonder whats fecked up now :pac:

Is that PC only?

No Xbox for me, not sure about PS3 though it should be out today too.

please god let it fix stuff and not break it!

hypermuse wrote: »
    Havent run nto anything yet... a new type of weather showed up though. I went to shor's stone for ebony and there was really cool mist all around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

i did the blood on ice mission and i still have the mess all over my house! the alchemy and enchanting room? forget about it, its full of "the butchers" stuff, bones, blood and operating table everywhere!

You should have gotten an option with the stewart "to clean up the mess" costs about 500 gold

PlainP wrote: »
    You should have gotten an option with the stewart "to clean up the mess" costs about 500 gold

Interesting, must check that out. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can I give Farkas any armor or weapons?

He's getting destroyed

Headshot wrote: »
    Can I give Farkas any armor or weapons?

He's getting destroyed

if he's a companion that follows you and you have the option to give and take things without paying for it then yes

dunno why but I laughed hard at this horse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

hypermuse wrote: »

Played the game for about one minute and it froze :( (PS3) Not impressed....

but43r wrote: »

Played it for a small while too and didn't notice anything, but i need to give it longer and i haven't encountered any magic yet so i'm hoping that is fixed.

I did however encounter a dragon who didn't attack...

Played it for a small while too and didn't notice anything, but i need to give it longer and i haven't encountered any magic yet so i'm hoping that is fixed.

I did however encounter a dragon who didn't attack...
    Not all dragons attack, some are peacful and only attack you when you annoy them.

Not all dragons attack, some are peacful and only attack you when you annoy them.

I did not know that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You need to get
    a "BEWARE THE BUTCHER!" leaflet in Hjeirim (or however ya spell that), and have it in your inventory when you speak to Viola. She'll tell you to speak to the steward, but if you talk to the court wizard instead he'll get you to find the real killer (ie, Calixto).

Best of luck!

Mother****er!
    I fingered the wizard! I'm pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

but43r wrote: »

Installed the patch, excited that there might be some progress. Loaded my save, worked fine. Went to leave my home, loading screen appears.....it hangs.

Fantastic. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I lol'd...

11619704.jpg

11677371.jpg

12065497.jpg

11704085.jpg

11703421.jpg

11846555.jpg

11716986.jpg

11912183.jpg

Its funny pledging allegence to an emperor
    I just decapitated

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Lovin' some of the Skyrim memes

tumblr_lvhrsqP6Wf1qigtgzo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Just after finishing Forelhost and the Dragon Cult quest, that was one of the most fun parts of the game so far. Nothing like taking on 3 Deathlords at once.
    I wish more of the dungeons could be that well designed.

Advertisement