Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options
1250251252253254256»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

snausages wrote: »
    I can't get into this at all. It doesn't feel any bit improved from Oblivion, just prettier.

Both games ultimately leave me cold, emotionally, but skyrim was a more polished experience imo; while the narrative still lacked depth, the more conscious attempt to forge some personalities within the world was appreciated.

Oblivion had a larger landmass and arguably a more diverse one (in terms of landscape types), but its populus were deadeyed quest givers that shared 3/4 voice actors. Skyrim at least tried to craft a world of tensions, prejudices and characters; it had a better sense of place I think, it felt lived-in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

meh both times Ive attempted to play skyrim (I sank a good few hours each time) it's bored me. You grind to level up and then, meh. Other than it's looks I dont rate it at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If and when TES VI is released, I hope they learn from Skywind and incorporate such things as a different music theme for each mapped region, etc., to improve the aesthetics. In TES V sometimes I just wander rather than quest, and more of this capability, along with marked geographic and demographic differences would improve the gaming experience. Sometimes I just need to get away from the real world and all its often boring, mundane problems, escaping to Skyrim.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

While skywind looks good more people should simply play the original with the overhaul which does wonders. Something Oblivion could do with to be honest because the mods are out there but they are a pita to get working well together, for me anyway.

Advertisement