Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Holy **** at Blackreach. I avoided the main quest on my playthrough, so now it's pretty much the only thing I've left to do.
    It started out boring
    find the old dude under the Mages College, talk to the Greybeards, talk to the dragon about stuff for aaages
    . But I've spent the last 15 minutes strolling around Blackreach in awe. Reminds me of the feeling I got when I left the vault in Fallout 3 for the first time and wandered the Wasteland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Holy **** at Blackreach. I avoided the main quest on my playthrough, so now it's pretty much the only thing I've left to do.
    It started out boring
    find the old dude under the Mages College, talk to the Greybeards, talk to the dragon about stuff for aaages
    . But I've spent the last 15 minutes strolling around Blackreach in awe. Reminds me of the feeling I got when I left the vault in Fallout 3 for the first time and wandered the Wasteland.

love that place!! especially the geode veins you can mine!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

Silly question :o but ive just started playing on PS3 How does one bring up the map that allows you to fast travel etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    Silly question :o but ive just started playing on PS3 How does one bring up the map that allows you to fast travel etc?

press circle to bring up the screen that has magic, items, map, then press down on the d pad

Ronanc1 wrote: »

just so you know.. you cant fast travel to somewhere you aint ever been before! You gotta get there yourself the first time on foot/by carriage!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Are there any console commands to remove inventory items?

I did the side quest in attaining the various musical instruments(lute, drum and flute) for the Bards College and I'm still stuck with them in muy inventory, they weigh 10 between them and I could find better uses for that space.

player.removeitem 000DABAB 1
    player.removeitem 000DABA7 1
    player.removeitem 000DABA9 1

Don't ask me which is which :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well i got more in to it lads.

any tips on really cool Quests? As so far its pure generic RPG stuff. I am prety sure if it would not had such an amazing atmosphere and audio, then i would have putted that away ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

press circle to bring up the screen that has magic, items, map, then press down on the d pad

Thanks Krudler i feel so stupid for not noticing it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

just got dead thralls....not enough mp though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

well i got more in to it lads.

any tips on really cool Quests? As so far its pure generic RPG stuff. I am prety sure if it would not had such an amazing atmosphere and audio, then i would have putted that away ages ago.

Dark Brotherhood ! - kill someone (innocent) in a city ..then go to sleep :)
    Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Dark Brotherhood ! - kill someone (innocent) in a city ..then go to sleep :)
    Enjoy

there was something like that in oblivion? there are not many giulds in skyrum i have to say. or i havent seen many yet.

there was something like that in oblivion? there are not many giulds in skyrum i have to say. or i havent seen many yet.

there is quite alot actually..

Bards,
    Brotherhood,
    Mages,
    Companions,
    Theives,
    Stormcloaks,
    imperials..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Do the bards have a questline?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There is a mission or two for them, I wouldn't call it a questline though.

as far as I know yea..

I aint done anything but visit the Bards college yet.. They gave me a mission but aint done anything yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

The FPS prblem on PS3 and constand freezing is strarting to pee me off.
    It's gotten to a stage now where I'm wondering if it's going to hand evertime I Save/Go Through Doors/Wait...
    The save file size is only around 8 mb now. I wonder what it's going to be like further...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Will there be expansion packs coming out for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Headshot wrote: »
    Will there be expansion packs coming out for this ?

Without a doubt.

but43r wrote: »
    The FPS prblem on PS3 and constand freezing is strarting to pee me off.
    It's gotten to a stage now where I'm wondering if it's going to hand evertime I Save/Go Through Doors/Wait...
    The save file size is only around 8 mb now. I wonder what it's going to be like further...

did you DL the new patch.. working flawless for me now as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

hypermuse wrote: »
    did you DL the new patch.. working flawless for me now as a result!

Just checked there. Yep, running version 2.02
    Hope Bethesda address this issue soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Playing on master difficulty is well hard, lucky Im a sneaky sneaky character. I couldnt imagine doing it as a spell caster as I thought even playing it on normal was tough enough with one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dragon priest are such bastards to kill at level 50

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Just beat the main quest.
    Sovngarde is cool
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Lads, whats the deal (with no spoilers if possible!) with completing the main quest vs doing the Stormcloak / Imperial stuff?

Im at the point in the main quest where
    Im supposed to speak to the head of the greybeards in order to set up a meeting with both sides in order to stop the war.
    I havent yet done any of the quests for either civil war faction and I read that completing one of these quest lines will change the main quest. Obviously If I go ahead with the main quest, I assume the civil war quest line will disappear.
    I heard something about a city siege which sounded very cool and I didnt want to miss it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Agricola wrote: »
    Lads, whats the deal (with no spoilers if possible!) with completing the main quest vs doing the Stormcloak / Imperial stuff?

Im at the point in the main quest where
    Im supposed to speak to the head of the greybeards in order to set up a meeting with both sides in order to stop the war.
    I havent yet done any of the quests for either civil war faction and I read that completing one of these quest lines will change the main quest. Obviously If I go ahead with the main quest, I assume the civil war quest line will disappear.
    I heard something about a city siege which sounded very cool and I didnt want to miss it.....
    Carry on with the main quest,
    the meeting may change where some forces are around the map, but they only play nice until you complete the main quest"
    . You can kick off the civil war quests after completing the game, thats what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

whats the craic with dead thralls guys? i tried to make one out of uthgerd the unbroken but it keeps saying her dead body resisted the spell :confused: can you even dead thrall followers?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ha, was walking in the woods near the Dark Brotherhood hideout, a guy came legging up to me telling me to hold onto some armor and not rat him out, he tore off then hear something roaring, followed him and he had been mangled by a bear, my armour now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

krudler wrote: »
    ha, was walking in the woods near the Dark Brotherhood hideout, a guy came legging up to me telling me to hold onto some armor and not rat him out, he tore off then hear something roaring, followed him and he had been mangled by a bear, my armour now!

Same happened to me but it was a bow, he ran off saying he would come back later, some other guy came looking for it 5 minutes later...I killed him but my bandit brethren has never returned for his spoils

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

krudler wrote: »

Happened to me while I was in the middle of battling a dragon on the top of the mountain. Could he not see I was busy? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah, that's happened to me twice before. Both times giving me a helmet and an enchanted dagger. They never came back looking for them and i doubt they ever will.

Advertisement