Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any where I can buy Ectoplasm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Headshot wrote: »
    Any where I can buy Ectoplasm ?
    Go do the quest at Forelhost you get loads of it there, its on the mountain to the south of Riften. Its a tough Dungeon though Lots of Ghost Draugr to harvest it from. Other than that just try all the apocatheries around the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

For those who have problems with capacity limit give it all to your companion. They have a limit for what you can give them but if you put all your excess in a container and tell them to take all in command mode they will still pick it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

For those who have problems with capacity limit give it all to your companion. They have a limit for what you can give them but if you put all your excess in a container and tell them to take all in command mode they will still pick it up

And the difference between this and what I was doing is?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Alright so i have the skeleton key and want to make the most of it before i have to give it back as part of the mission.

Does anyone recommend any master locks i should check out for some good loot or just general game stuff ????

I opened one or two already but forget where half the stuff i came across is lol.

• Advertisement

Why can you only wear one ring? This is my biggest problem with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Grimebox wrote: »
    And the difference between this and what I was doing is?

You have console commands

• Registered Users Posts: 81,980 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

185146.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah im hoping someone mod fixes this stupid design choice, our character has ten fingers/thumbs but can only use one :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

would you rather equip/change one good ring or 10 ****ty ones all the time?
    Why stop there, im sure we could fit 40 rings on there :P

• Advertisement

You have console commands

You are abusing a bug to give yourself infinite capacity essentially. There's almost no difference.

would you rather equip/change one good ring or 10 ****ty ones all the time?
    Why stop there, im sure we could fit 40 rings on there :P
    Thats not the point I dont want ten, two like in morrowind and oblivion would be quite enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Does anyone recommend any master locks i should check out for some good loot or just general game stuff ????

I haven't really found containers with master locks to have much better stuff. Just carry lots of picks around, once you get the knack of it you can open any level lock without any lockpicking perks.

Sarn wrote: »
    I haven't really found containers with master locks to have much better stuff. Just carry lots of picks around, once you get the knack of it you can open any level lock without any lockpicking perks.

True be just nice to get the most out of this before i have to hand it back. It does make this much more straight forward.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

To be honest, Skyrim continues the tradition from Oblivion where a large percentage of chests with Expert / Master ratings don't actually have treasure inside befitting that difficulty.

pixelburp wrote: »
    To be honest, Skyrim continues the tradition from Oblivion where a large percentage of chests with Expert / Master ratings don't actually have treasure inside befitting that difficulty.

I noticed this with alot of expert chests. Have picked up some nice armour in some of the master chests i found though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Most Expert/Master locks i've opened have had crap in them. I think one door led me to a room that had absolutely nothing worth taking, just mugs and pots and plates.

And when are they going to patch the bloody magic resistance bug (on 360)?!?! It's starting to piss me off something fierce getting owned by someone who would normally be begging for his life. Like that tw@ in the basement of
    Honingmead? Brewery
    as part of the Thieves questline, he woned me twice before i managed to cut him a new one. And i got killed in one breath by an Elder Dragon earlier.

Other than that, this game is a testament to the effort Bethesda have put in. I'm 85 hours in, level 40.4 and have 7 of the main missions done. I've 147 locations discovered, and haven't gone into Solitude or Falkreath, and barely done anything in Windhelm, Riften, Markarth or Dawnstar. I've only completed the Winterhold College questline i think (which is funny as i'm a one-handed warrior tank with little magic!). I'm currently working my way through the Thieves questline, have only a couple of the Companions quests done, haven't touched the Civil War... This game is immense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Impossible to level light armor as a thief build on master difficulty? Im down in 1 swing of a 2 hander off the regular bandit and Im level 28! :(
    I mean I know most the time the only way i can clear dungeons is not engaging in arm to arm combat but I would like to survive just more than 1 strike.
    Any tips?

Gandalph wrote: »
    Impossible to level light armor as a thief build on master difficulty? Im down in 1 swing of a 2 hander off the regular bandit and Im level 28! :(
    I mean I know most the time the only way i can clear dungeons is not engaging in arm to arm combat but I would like to survive just more than 1 strike.
    Any tips?

If I'm not mistaken, the game difficulty increases with your level. So you probably needed to level light armour before you got to 28

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Gandalph wrote: »
    Any tips?
    I tend to level light armour by wearing a combination of heavy and light at the saem time. Not ideal but I found it the only way to really help it progress while keeping me hard-ish to knock down. At the start I tended to wear heavy armour on my body and light armour on my arms hean and feet. This basically made me strong enough to withstand some blows but it would also level up light armour too. Ever since I got access to glass armour and weapon I've been mainly using those to help me level it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Sounds like I will have to go fight some skeevers some were to level it up, I would of said mudcrabs but they actually kill me in 3-4 hits haha. "I'VE FOUGHT MUDCRABS MORE FIERCE THAN YOU!"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,980 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nah I just dramatically shifted over to light armor at a point. But do it with a shield. If you aren't doing it with a shield you're asking to be raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Why the hell can't summoned dreatures & raised zombies swim?

Raised a Master Necro as a Death Thrall but he gets stuck behind whenever I come to river/island lake.

Mmmmmm is the Death on the ice quest broken or is it just me???

I am at the end have it complete but when i tell the Jarls assistant or whatever he is and the mission ends i never get the option to buy the empty house :confused: Tried waiting more then a day and still nothing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

pixelburp wrote: »

A fine tradition they introduced to the Fallout Series as well :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Got a couple more Daedra hearts yesterday to create the final parts of my armour (boots + gauntlets). I didn't make a helmet because I like using the Krosis mask.

I am spending some time cleaning up the massive list of miscellaneous tasks I have. I like having a more tidy list of quests and tasks. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I am being forced to start again :( my PS3 keeps freezing on me after about an hour of play. i've only gotten about 60 hours into it :(

oh well, i might be a different character now :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Weird; last night I was wandering around the ruins of a random temple'y area. Inside one of the roosm I found a skeleton with a note & 'strange wooden mask' (as the inventory seemed to describe it) beside the remains. So I put on the mask & was instantly teleported away, seemingly back in time to when the room was still standing. The door was locked and couldn't leave or do anything & when I removed the mask, I was whisked back to my original location

Anyone have any idea clues what this is? I don't want to google search it because I might spoil too much, but it just seemed like one of those wonderful random moments Skyrim creates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Was it possible to pick the door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I am being forced to start again :( my PS3 keeps freezing on me after about an hour of play. i've only gotten about 60 hours into it :(

oh well, i might be a different character now :rolleyes:

My game (PS3) hangs consistently too. Did it twice last night, very annoying. I am just hoping they fix it soon.

Advertisement