Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Happened me while i was in the middle of a fight with a load of bandits :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Got confronted by two Louis Letrushes, the bastards kept chasing after me but can't die. Discovered that it was a character cloning glitch. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Got confronted by two Louis Letrushes, the bastards kept chasing after me but can't die. Discovered that it was a character cloning glitch. :D

I have 3 Louis outside Whiterun and came across a thug killing him while out wandering.

Anyway just completed the main quest. Only took 166 hours :) Now to see to that civil war, restore the thieves guild to it's former glory and get the dark brotherhood quests moving. I feel robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

got my glass warhammer fully upgraded disarmed from me by sagdis in cant find it anywhere in the water, anyone else have weapons disarmed from them and be unable to find them again, its a bit annoying but alas ill move on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

mewso wrote: »
    I have 3 Louis outside Whiterun and came across a thug killing him while out wandering.

Anyway just completed the main quest. Only took 166 hours :) Now to see to that civil war, restore the thieves guild to it's former glory and get the dark brotherhood quests moving. I feel robbed.

yeah I know, I feel like writing a strongly worded letter to Beth about the shortness of their game
    I will have to go out and actually talk to people again FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any idea where the best store deal is on this at the moment?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Game have it for 25 - not gonna get it much better than that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Worth every penny too.

Turns out the Skyrim is the UKs No.1 christmas game. Paddy Power paid out bets for MW3 weeks ago :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

started a new game going with a caster guy, no heavy or leathery armour just going for the robes i found my heavy armour guy was just basically unkillable and got very bored and now i die a lot more :eek: yay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

So I decided to let my wife Aela the Huntress out of the house, as I felt bad that this once proud warrior was reduced to sitting at home cooking me dinners.

I forged her some nice ebony armour and an ebony warhammer and off we went on a quest together, as husband and wife. She is dead now. :mad:

Looks like I picked the wrong quest to take her on. I took her to the Boethiah Cult,
    and they asked me to bring someone to sacrifice. I thought "hell no, I will kill you all instead you bloodthirsty savages". Turns out they are pretty tough and poor Aela got butchered during the ensuing mayhem. Boethiah then contacted me and told me to bring a sacrifice. I felt bad, but wanted to complete the quest so I brought the priestess of Azura and killed her. I would rather to have had to opportunity to complete the quest somehow without resorting to the sacrifice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Turns out the Skyrim is the UKs No.1 christmas game. Paddy Power paid out bets for MW3 weeks ago :pac:

delighted to hear this!! Fcuk MW and its insanely over-hyped broken games!

Source for this?

hypermuse wrote: »
    delighted to hear this!! Fcuk MW and its insanely over-hyped broken games!

Source for this?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-19-skyrim-is-uk-christmas-2011-number-one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

If you felt bad to lave her at home you might feel worse to know this:
    You killed her.

Human companions are only killable from your own attacks. Enemy attacks will only leave them bent down.

Yeah, I know that. She must have got caught up in one of my dragon shouts.

Aela....you cooked some great home cooked meals. RIP.

I heard you get a Letter of Inheritance when a wife dies, and then you can remarry? I remember getting a letter of inheritance from some other person in the game about a week ago. Wonder what that was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Noopti wrote: »
    Yeah, I know that. She must have got caught up in one of my dragon shouts.

Aela....you cooked some great home cooked meals. RIP.

I heard you get a Letter of Inheritance when a wife dies, and then you can remarry? I remember getting a letter of inheritance from some other person in the game about a week ago. Wonder what that was about.

What ?!!...letter of inheritance.....:o

*mind starts racing at the possibility of marriage/insurance scams !*
    Ohhh,,,my wife died...again...it's so sad...give me her house and money...sniff sniff
    Mwhahahahah :D

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What ?!!...letter of inheritance.....:o

*mind starts racing at the possibility of marriage/insurance scams !*
    Ohhh,,,my wife died...again...it's so sad...give me her house and money...sniff sniff
    Mwhahahahah :D

Hard to know, some people say once you get the letter you can remarry, others say you can never remarry.

Apparently I got the random inheritance because while doing the stormcloaks quest-line
    some guy I befriended died in the battle of Whiterun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Human companions are only killable from your own attacks. Enemy attacks will only leave them bent down.
    That's not true. Enemies will ignore them when they are bent down but if they recieved a big enough damange from enemies before they bent down then they will die. I've seen this happen many a times when I ran away to have my companion tank a group of enemies.

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    That's not true. Enemies will ignore them when they are bent down but if they recieved a big enough damange from enemies before they bent down then they will die. I've seen this happen many a times when I ran away to have my companion tank a group of enemies.

Interesting. I know the bunch of cultists were really powerful so maybe they just smashed her up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    I know you did it. You're not fooling anyone, listener.

I've seen companions take huge hits with almost no health and survive, and have never seen them die apart from being hit by me. The hitboxes are hugely oversized so being hit by me as far as the game is concerned is not the same as being hit by me as far as proper collision detection would be concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

keane2097 wrote: »
    Any idea where the best store deal is on this at the moment?

Trader in River run has loads of gold.

:p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

All I want for Christmas is some Skyrim DLC :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

All I want for Christmas is some Skyrim DLC :pac:
    I don't. After Fallout DLC I've come to the conclusion that DLC for open-world adventure games is completely self-defeating. Doubly so in Skyrim, where half the fun is the joy of spontaneous discovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

pixelburp wrote: »
    I don't. After Fallout DLC I've come to the conclusion that DLC for open-world adventure games is completely self-defeating. Doubly so in Skyrim, where half the fun is the joy of spontaneous discovery.

and that is what a new land mass would provide..

I've read that they are trying to avoid making it like a DLC and more like an expansion pack!

wrote:
    Skyrim's DLC add-ons will "have a lot of meat on them", Bethesda has said.
    It will focus on "ways to make the game better, not just have more, because the game is so big," game director Todd Howard told Joystiq at the Spike Video Game Awards.
    "So we're going through ideas right now, and processing everything people are doing in the game, and trying to think of ways that we can improve it."
    The first two downloadable add-ons will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 for 30 days after release.
    After that exclusivity window the DLC is free to go live on PC and PlayStation Network.
    Release dates and details remain unannounced. Howard said they "don't have a timetable". "They won't be quick, and they'll have a lot of meat on them," he continued.
    Howard has previously said Skyrim will have fewer DLC add-ons than Fallout 3 had, but they will be "more substantial". Howard wants them "to be closer to an expansion pack feel".
    Skyrim has enjoyed unprecedented success for Bethesda, generating millions of sales and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.
    It took home the Game of the Year award at the VGAs - yet another accolade for the fantasy RPG.
    "We thought it would do well," Howard continued, "but it has gone above and beyond."
    Bethesda has updated the game and plans to release more patches, but it seems likely one high-profile bug will be left well alone.
    "I think our favourite really is putting the buckets on the heads," Howard revealed.
    "It was like day two, and we went, what? Do we fix that? Our lead programmer is pissed and wants to fix it, and I said I'm not sure we should. That's one of those where maybe we leave it in."

so more like Morrowind I'd imagine, with bloodmoon and tribunal

Since skyrim has a northern coastline they could easily add a whole world onto the scattered northern islands! or even go east into Morrowind (since the game TESIII:Morrowind itself focused on Vvardenfell and not Morrowind as a whole)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd imagine they would have to bump up the lvl cap from the already High 50,

All skills will be able to be maxed !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

level cap is 81 btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

level cap is 81 btw

Sweet! I thought level cap was 70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lmao they intentionally left the buckets on heads trick in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Just curious has anyone noticed a lighting change since the last patch? When I started playing the other day after the update I noticed the caves etc were way darker. I don't think any tv settings were changed so I assume this was intentional?

I had noticed how you never needed torches/light spells as it was always bright enough to see

Advertisement