Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Noopti wrote: »
    My game (PS3) hangs consistently too. Did it twice last night, very annoying. I am just hoping they fix it soon.

someone posted a link a good few pages back from bethesda saying that there could be 1 of 3-4 different issues causing this, from a massive save file to the PS3 system itself (something about it having split memory IIRC) and that they are working on each issue separately. apparently they will be releasing patches as soon as they can with a fix for each issue but as it could be anything from a day to a month in being released i just cant wait.

this is what stopped me playing new vegas too :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Was it possible to pick the door?
    Nope, the door was sealed, couldn't even interact with it from what I recall. There was an alter in one corner I could interact with, but I got a message saying it required a statue / bust of so-and-so to work. Very confusing. The note by the skeleton didn't reveal anything either, nor did a quest suddenly start.

I really want to know what the hell happened, but don't want to spoil it too much haha. Feels like I travelled back in time, but why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

someone posted a link a good few pages back from bethesda saying that there could be 1 of 3-4 different issues causing this, from a massive save file to the PS3 system itself (something about it having split memory IIRC) and that they are working on each issue separately. apparently they will be releasing patches as soon as they can with a fix for each issue but as it could be anything from a day to a month in being released i just cant wait.

this is what stopped me playing new vegas too

PC master race wins again :pac:

The game crashes regularly for me since the latest patch :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

pixelburp wrote: »
    Weird; last night I was wandering around the ruins of a random temple'y area. Inside one of the roosm I found a skeleton with a note & 'strange wooden mask' (as the inventory seemed to describe it) beside the remains. So I put on the mask & was instantly teleported away, seemingly back in time to when the room was still standing. The door was locked and couldn't leave or do anything & when I removed the mask, I was whisked back to my original location

Anyone have any idea clues what this is? I don't want to google search it because I might spoil too much, but it just seemed like one of those wonderful random moments Skyrim creates

I'll be somewhat vague here, as you don't seem to want any spoilers, but still are looking for an answer...

You need to collect the masks from the 7 dragon priestesses. Nasty mobs to deal with. You then place all the masks into that structure in the room. In return, you get a new more powerful mask. Really only worth doing as a low-medium level character. Also, one of the masks is in itself really useful and I prefer keeping it (20% haggling bonus).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I just completed the Stormcloaks civil war quest. Does anyone know whether doing this interferes with the Main Quest in any way. Would hate to have to reload an old save if the main quest is broken by it in any way:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Yea there are a couple of things that don't happen in the main quest if you've already completed the Civil War quests

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

al28283 wrote: »
    Yea there are a couple of things that don't happen in the main quest if you've already completed the Civil War quests

Would I just be missing out on a couple of things or would the entire main quest be broken? Wouldn't care too much about one or two missions in the main quest being omitted after finishing the civil war quest but I'd hate it if I could no longer complete the main quest because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Would I just be missing out on a couple of things or would the entire main quest be broken? Wouldn't care too much about one or two missions in the main quest being omitted after finishing the civil war quest but I'd hate it if I could no longer complete the main quest because of it.
    It's not broken, just a few quests don't occur if you've you've already completed other parts. That goes for the whole game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

One or two quests in the main story involve either the stormcloaks, imperials or both. Obviously if you've defeated either side in the sidequests, then these missions will be skipped.

They only make sense to the story quests if both sides are still around, thats the best way to put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'll be somewhat vague here, as you don't seem to want any spoilers, but still are looking for an answer...

You need to collect the masks from the 7 dragon priestesses. Nasty mobs to deal with. You then place all the masks into that structure in the room. In return, you get a new more powerful mask. Really only worth doing as a low-medium level character. Also, one of the masks is in itself really useful and I prefer keeping it (20% haggling bonus).
    You can take the masks back when you get the special one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 paulthom

i just love this game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

My g9 mouse is giving up the ghost on me. Only started yesterday. Keeps double clicking when I click once and sometimes when it's held down the click will disengage and then click again. It's really bad playing as an archer. My arrows tend to fly off at the most inappropriate times and I tend to have a pile of arrows at my feet from the random double clicking. Think I've had to reload 5 times from a stray arrow leaving before I intended it to.:mad:
    Well, I suppose that sorts a christmas present out for me. G700, here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so whats the level cap? when do i stop gaining perks?

so whats the level cap? when do i stop gaining perks?
    I think 50, but you can level up every skill to 100 which gives you level 81

• Registered Users Posts: 53,963 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing steam cloud

Headshot wrote: »
    ****ing steam cloud
    Getting a finishing sync message at the moment too. It wont end.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,963 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Why-You-No-Guy.jpg

why u no play!!!!!!!!!!!

Isnt steam wonderful :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In one of the patches released did they fix the bug where when a dragon is flying over head but doesn't land?I could have sworn I read it in the patch notes,lo and behold tonight a dragon appears and doesn't land -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I think 50, but you can level up every skill to 100 which gives you level 81

did a little google searching and apparently you keep getting one perk until level 81 :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

did a little google searching and apparently you keep getting one perk until level 81 :D

You must do, I'm level 60 something and I still get perks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how are you still playing the game at level 60?
    you must be one shotting everything

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

how are you still playing the game at level 60?
    you must be one shotting everything

Surprisingly no. I started off two-handed then once I maxed that out I switched to one-handed. I didn't have much magical resistance so mages kept destroying me. A bit of enchantment sorted that out to a certain degree. The scaling is messed up though. I fought an ancient dragon and had no real problems with him. He did a bit of damage to me but I wasn't in any real danger. Just after that I went into a cave to do the
    taste of death
    where there were some Draugr Deathlords and they kicked my ass. Completely stupid but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Anyone else done the' Blood on the Ice' quest in Windhelm yet?
    It's doing my head in. The guy at the palace says jack ****, yet his quest marker keeps telling me to go there. I've sold the amulet to Calixto and been just about all over Windhelm trying to find this killer. Then bored, I pick Calixto's pocket and open up his chest and lo and behold, there's a signed journal and all the tools used to carry out the murder. Of course such evidence appears to be useless in Windhelm, still running around like a headless chicken trying to find someone to advance the quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Risteard wrote: »
    It's doing my head in. The guy at the palace says jack ****, yet his quest marker keeps telling me to go there. I've sold the amulet to Calixto and been just about all over Windhelm trying to find this killer. Then bored, I pick Calixto's pocket and open up his chest and lo and behold, there's a signed journal and all the tools used to carry out the murder. Of course such evidence appears to be useless in Windhelm, still running around like a headless chicken trying to find someone to advance the quest.

Speak to Viola? or search the house hernim, similiar happened me. Seems i left one piece of evidence in the house.

There's also a
    hidden room
    in the house with the evidence. Not too sure if you've found that. Did you pick up the
    amulet
    under the sheets of paper about the butcher too?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Speak to Viola? or search the house hernim, similiar happened me. Seems i left one piece of evidence in the house.

I did, just said 'Watch out the butcher might be around the corner.' I'll try again tomorrow.I have a save from just before I entered Windhelm anyway so I'll be able to start it again without losing anything.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

You need to get
    a "BEWARE THE BUTCHER!" leaflet in Hjeirim (or however ya spell that), and have it in your inventory when you speak to Viola. She'll tell you to speak to the steward, but if you talk to the court wizard instead he'll get you to find the real killer (ie, Calixto).

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

There's also a
    hidden room
    in the house with the evidence. Not too sure if you've found that. Did you pick up the
    amulet
    under the sheets of paper about the butcher too?
    Yep did all that though I just remembered that
    I didn't pick up any of the beware of the butcher notes. I might pick one up and see if the palace guy knows anything abut it.

Advertisement