Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishops Gate Kilternan

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The plan is to completely bypass Kilternan and create a new link road to the M50.

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/kiltiernan_map.pdf

You should see what Carrickmines has planned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

godtabh wrote: »
    You should see what Carrickmines has planned!

Any link? Further info?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hello92

Does anyone know anything about when the next phase will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ClareDoyle80

So I went on to dlrcoco's website to see the planning permission for how many and type of houses there is planned as we'd like to buy there and
    1) There is planning permission that was refused for Durkan a little down the road from where the development is
    2)there doesn't seem to be any permission in place on the planning search map for the development

Am I missing something or will this development be liable for planning enforcement action?

The reasons for refusal were stated:
    Having regard to the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Development Plan, 2010-2016 and to the existing pattern of development in the area, it is considered that the proposed development, by reason of its design and layout, fails to adequately respond to its context and topography or integrate successfully within its environment. As such, it would be seriously injurious to the amenity of property in the area, to the future occupants of the development and would, therefore, be contrary to the proper planning and sustainable development of the area. 2. The proposed public open space provided for the overall development is considered to be substandard and unacceptable by reason of its size, design, sloping aspect, accessibility and usability and would, therefore, not provide an acceptable level of open space for the future occupants of the development. No arboricultural report was submitted as part of the planning application and it does not, therefore, comply with Section 16.6.1: Public Open Space Provision, of the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Development Plan, 2010-2016. The proposed development would, therefore, seriously injure the amenities of future occupants and is contrary to the proper planning and sustainable development of the area 3. The proposed development is deficient in the quantum and quality of private open space, particularly in relation to rear garden depths and quality of open space to dwellings adjoining permitted development to the south of the site. The proposed development would, therefore, contravene Section 16.3.2 (iv) and Policy RES14 of the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Development Plan, 2010-2016 and the Sustainable Residential Development in Urban Areas Ministerial Guidelines (May 2009) and the accompanying Best Practice Urban Design Manual, and would, therefore, seriously injure the residential amenity of the future occupants of the scheme and would be contrary to the proper planning and sustainable development of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 User_Name17

So I went on to dlrcoco's website to see the planning permission for how many and type of houses there is planned as we'd like to buy there and
    1) There is planning permission that was refused for Durkan a little down the road from where the development is
    2)there doesn't seem to be any permission in place on the planning search map for the development

Am I missing something or will this development be liable for planning enforcement action?

The reasons for refusal were stated:
    Having regard to the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Development Plan, 2010-2016 and to the existing pattern of development in the area, it is considered that the proposed development, by reason of its design and layout, fails to adequately respond to its context and topography or integrate successfully within its environment. As such, it would be seriously injurious to the amenity of property in the area, to the future occupants of the development and would, therefore, be contrary to the proper planning and sustainable development of the area. 2. The proposed public open space provided for the overall development is considered to be substandard and unacceptable by reason of its size, design, sloping aspect, accessibility and usability and would, therefore, not provide an acceptable level of open space for the future occupants of the development. No arboricultural report was submitted as part of the planning application and it does not, therefore, comply with Section 16.6.1: Public Open Space Provision, of the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Development Plan, 2010-2016. The proposed development would, therefore, seriously injure the amenities of future occupants and is contrary to the proper planning and sustainable development of the area 3. The proposed development is deficient in the quantum and quality of private open space, particularly in relation to rear garden depths and quality of open space to dwellings adjoining permitted development to the south of the site. The proposed development would, therefore, contravene Section 16.3.2 (iv) and Policy RES14 of the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Development Plan, 2010-2016 and the Sustainable Residential Development in Urban Areas Ministerial Guidelines (May 2009) and the accompanying Best Practice Urban Design Manual, and would, therefore, seriously injure the residential amenity of the future occupants of the scheme and would be contrary to the proper planning and sustainable development of the area.
    http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=D10A/0716&theTabNo=3&backURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=2001816%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%20%3E%20%3Ca%20href=%27wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL?ResultID=2316682%26StartIndex=1%26SortOrder=rgndat:desc%26DispResultsAs=WPHAPPSEARCHRES%26BackURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=2001816%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%27%3ESearch%20Results%3C/a%3E

• Advertisement

I dunno, not sure, i'll look into it definitely but, which one of the other multiple posters/usernames on this thread are you first of all? suitecheex/jm1983/sunshine909?

The dlrcoco website isn't very clear at all. Going into the offices to see plans this morning.

I'm unfortunately not a multiple poster or username? We are currently looking for a home in the area and saw the development and this conversation came up on google?

Great! How did you managed to find that???

Looks like the next phase will just be apartments? It says Kilternan property LTD as the applicant, you sure that's the right one? Is it not Durkan?
    Had a better look at the permission and its not longer valid. It was granted after appeal in 2012 which would be mean its no longer valid. They would have to reapply.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Great! How did you managed to find that???

Looks like the next phase will just be apartments? It says Kilternan property LTD as the applicant, you sure that's the right one? Is it not Durkan?
    Had a better look at the permission and its not longer valid. It was granted after appeal in 2012 which would be mean its no longer valid. They would have to reapply.

Developers will development specific companies for each site that will be controlled by the parent company i.e Durkan

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Sorry for the delay reopening the thread folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Catkelly80

People defo had tip off that these houses were going on sale the last time. They were queuing Wednesday night and email only went out the next morning. The next houses are suppose to go on sale in September - I will be driving up every night to see if there is anyone there because they had a feeling they were going on sale!! . A few people will always have the inside track !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Gabrielle2010

Catkelly80 wrote: »
    People defo had tip off that these houses were going on sale the last time. They were queuing Wednesday night and email only went out the next morning. The next houses are suppose to go on sale in September - I will be driving up every night to see if there is anyone there because they had a feeling they were going on sale!! . A few people will always have the inside track !!

I initially thought that myself, especially after reading this stuff on Boards.ie however I ran into an old work colleague who purchased one of the homes in Bishopsgate and she told me the lengths they went to. They were second in the queue. Her husband did drive byes every day on his lunch hour. The person first in the queue went up every day. This was for 6 weeks before launch. My colleague's husband saw something was happening on the wednesday and started the queue after the first person. The phones started to ring at that stage between people. It's the desperation people have now in seeking a home. I don't find the EA's communication to be clear at all and my husband and myself have been told different things in relation to the next phase.
    We've just gone sale agreed (again) on another home, please God we don't have to look further!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Have you seen the stone signage at the entrance? I do not like the Durkan name permanently chiselled into the sign. Its a permanent corporate advertisement. I want it removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

Have you seen the stone signage at the entrance? I do not like the Durkan name permanently chiselled into the sign. Its a permanent corporate advertisement. I want it removed.

If an Owner's Management Company is created, it should have the authority to replace the sign (at the owners own expense).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JohnnyMacMan

Any chance someone who secured a 3 bed has the dimensions for all the floors? Looking to start getting ballpark cost figures together.

Any chance someone who secured a 3 bed has the dimensions for all the floors? Looking to start getting ballpark cost figures together.

I was trying to get the same info for the 3 beds - tried emailing the estate agent but never got a reply! Surely they should have that information though..

hello92 wrote: »
    I was trying to get the same info for the 3 beds - tried emailing the estate agent but never got a reply! Surely they should have that information though..

Hi have you been given a date for moving in?

The DLRD plans will give you a rough idea of the internal dimensions.
    http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=D10A/0716&theTabNo=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 louser1

Any word on phase 3?

ronoc wrote: »
    Hi have you been given a date for moving in?

The DLRD plans will give you a rough idea of the internal dimensions.
    http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=D10A/0716&theTabNo=3

Hey - so yeah they're saying Nov/Dec buy my guess is it will be more like Jan/Feb!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beach100

Hi has anyone who has secured an Orchid Type A have a better idea of the internal layout or sizes of the rooms? Thanks

Also any idea when 3rd phase is being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pookakie

beach100 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone who has secured an Orchid Type A have a better idea of the internal layout or sizes of the rooms? Thanks

Also any idea when 3rd phase is being released.

Is there definitely a 3rd phase planned? I can only see the plans for a 2nd phase on the DLRCC site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 beach100

I think there is a 3rd phase, I thought there was people already on a list for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Des perate Bishop

Hey all,

Just seeing if there is anyone on this thread has bought in BG and is waiting to move in? It seems to be delay after delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bishops

Hey all,

Just seeing if there is anyone on this thread has bought in BG and is waiting to move in? It seems to be delay after delay.

we're going to move next week✌

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bishops

Hey all,

we're going to move in ...

Whats going with the field up the back - have they bought more land for another development phase?
    I can see loads of construction materials and plant equipment stored up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Any idea what the construction work at the entrance is about, looks like they’re putting up wooden hoarding. is this for a new phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

Just to echo Hardtochoose, anybody know when the next phase is ready? They seem to be advertising a release in Spring '19 atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

New phase on sale today

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aoifeNi2566

The best advice we got buying a new house was to talk to residents living there already (preferably from earlier phases-living there 1 year or so)- you'll find out quick enough what issues there were and what the builders/developers were like in fixing the issues. Call to 5/6 houses and you'll get a very good idea on standards and ethics of builder/developer!

• Advertisement

Advertisement