Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishops Gate Kilternan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 slane2017

I asked Neil Durkan about that when they had the open house a few weeks ago. The builder of that development bordering Bishops Gate to the north, beside that bungalow... can choose which way to build the entrance into the new site. He has approval to pick either of the current cul de sacs or he may apply for PP to have his entrance on the yet to be built 3rd road. Apparently he wanted to have an entrance off the main road but that was denied so he has to go through Bishops Gate. So, don't count on being on a cul de sac. The other builder is going to get to pick which road to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 slane2017

Our solicitor asked last week if they would allow a loan contingency clause and got a big fat NO. Talked to KW today too and they said the builder would not budge on this. He has done it at other developments. Sellers' market. They can demand whatever they want for those desperate enough to take that chance. We are probably going to back out. Not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JM1983

slane2017 wrote: »
    Our solicitor asked last week if they would allow a loan contingency clause and got a big fat NO. Talked to KW today too and they said the builder would not budge on this. He has done it at other developments. Sellers' market. They can demand whatever they want for those desperate enough to take that chance. We are probably going to back out. Not worth the risk.

Yes it is a sellers market, but what a horrible, horrible way to conduct business. Especially when the houses can easily be sold if a person doesn't end up going through with the sale. Unless they are worried that when Clay Farm & other nearby developments are launched/completed, there won't be such a demand for Bishops Gate.

I am sorry you are going to lose out on getting a home because of nasty developers/estate agents. I wish you well in getting a home.

Pure greed. Preying on those who are desperate to get a home. He must be a disgusting human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Grazing17

Anyone know how many houses will be available in the next phase?

Can't get EA or builder to say. Pretty basic information but it's like talking to a wall. There are so many people on the cancellation list they don't even try to be civil when questioned.

Although the prices on the next phase will probably shoot past my mortgage approval.

I am so far down the cancellation list they tell me I can politely sod off......

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hello92

Yeah I heard that there basically won't be anymore 'public launches' as such cos they're just going to go by the cancellation list..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Grazing17

It was not meant to be.... for me anyway!

Just crawling out of first round of negative equity. Time for seconds.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sunshine909

SuiteCheex wrote: »
    Is Rockhurst going in to the field between BG and the Golden Ball?

I'd heard that Durkan's owned that plot of land and were planning to develop it separately to BG. There's a river running along the access road in BG that acts as a boundary between BG and what I'm assuming is going to be Rockhurst so, as you've already pointed out, any further BG development is going to down the back.

No, that is a field that previously had 2 planning applications for 131 units and then 83 units withdrawn.

Rockhurst is the other side, bordering the North West boundary, between BG and Kilternan CoI NS.

If those two developments do go ahead there will be houses/developments from the Golden Ball to Kilternan CoI, the roads will definitely need to be upgraded particularly Glenamuck Road!

slane2017 wrote: »

Well, you now have the address of the property so once you have that you can get the full mortgage approval letter from your bank, which means your mortgage is in place. Your solicitor should also recommend you do this. Speak to your solicitor and bank, as you shouldn't need to back out if you secure your mortgage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

JM1983 wrote: »
    Yes, I received the following in an email form KW for the houses launched 3 weeks ago: "we have been provided with an initial completion date of October".

Ok- I actually spilt coffee over myself reading this.
    October seems to me to be wholly unreasonable and unrealistic.
    By all means keep pressure on the builders/developer- however, an October completion date honestly seems to me to be wholly a work of fiction.

Ok- I actually spilt coffee over myself reading this.
    October seems to me to be wholly unreasonable and unrealistic.
    By all means keep pressure on the builders/developer- however, an October completion date honestly seems to me to be wholly a work of fiction.

Haven't seen the site for a few weeks so not quite sure how progress is going.

Is it common to release a row of houses to buyers as they are finished, or do they wait until a phase is completed in entirety before allowing buyers to move in?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Honestly I don't think there is a standard- most sane and reasonable developers only release property in phases- so as not to have an undue lag between bookings and closing sales- however, it does seem to be a bit of free for all out there...........

Sanity and reason- are two virtues in short supply.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The BCAR system and how the developer uses is now determining when a property can be released to the vendor

From talking to the EA yesterday, the latest information provided by builders is as follows: houses 28 to 32 are due for completion at end of September, and houses 33-36 are due for completion February 2018. We didn't inquire about houses 20-27 but did overhear that they are also due for completion in September, but someone might clarify that who asked directly.

We will be adding about 4-6 weeks (if not more!) on to completion dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hello92

From talking to the EA yesterday, the latest information provided by builders is as follows: houses 28 to 32 are due for completion at end of September, and houses 33-36 are due for completion February 2018. We didn't inquire about houses 20-27 but did overhear that they are also due for completion in September, but someone might clarify that who asked directly.

Hmm I wonder when the houses 37-42 will be ready!? I reckon April/May..

hello92 wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder when the houses 37-42 will be ready!? I reckon April/May..

I would have thought about the same time as 33-36 (so February 2018 according to KW), but I would just check with KW... If you can manage to get in contact with them or get an email response!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

We were there on Friday morning, about 9am, we're close to the top of the cancellation list for a 3 and 4 bed house.

Would I be correct in deducing that you managed to pick up a house from the cancellation list? If so, congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

If those two developments do go ahead there will be houses/developments from the Golden Ball to Kilternan CoI, the roads will definitely need to be upgraded particularly Glenamuck Road!

It still baffles me why they never widened the Glenamuck Road when they were putting in the houses opposite the Golden Ball. The ridge on that wall has claimed many a wing mirror.........or a whole side panel if there was an oncoming bus!

Would I be correct in deducing that you managed to pick up a house from the cancellation list? If so, congratulations!

We did indeed, we had pretty much given up on BG when we heard they were sold out, but decided to go the launch at 9.30 for opening and put our names down for a cancellation anyway, and ended up getting one 2 weeks later. I think there were actually a few cancellations.
    It still baffles me why they never widened the Glenamuck Road when they were putting in the houses opposite the Golden Ball. The ridge on that wall has claimed many a wing mirror.........or a whole side panel if there was an oncoming bus!

It would have made sense to do it then, there are plans here to upgrade that junction. Not sure when the work will actually be done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 User_Name17

Sunshine909, out of interest did you get a 3 or 4 bed from the cancellation? I am interested to see what type of houses are coming up on the cancellation list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Excited2017

Do you mind me asking was it a 3 or 4 bed house you secured from the waiting list? We were in the pre launch queue on the Thursday so are high up on the waiting list.

• Advertisement

Got a 3 bed, the 4 beds are just ridiculously priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 louser1

Got a 3 bed, the 4 beds are just ridiculously priced.

Just to clarify, you got a 3 bed house from a cancellation after going on the cancellation list on the Friday at the launch?

Disappointed we didn't go on the list as we thought we'd have no chance after people had been queuing on the Thursday. We won't make that mistake again with future developments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JM1983

We got a cancellation for a 3 bed.

JM1983 wrote: »
    We got a cancellation for a 3 bed.

Can I ask when?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

There is massive plans for Glenamuck Road. All current planning applications have more or less been refused as being premature pending this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

louser1 wrote:
    Disappointed we didn't go on the list as we thought we'd have no chance after people had been queuing on the Thursday. We won't make that mistake again with future developments

A non refundable deposit probably turned off a lot of people.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    A non refundable deposit probably turned off a lot of people.

I rang the EA on the off chance we might get a cancellation. It was confirmed there were no cancellations for 3 bed houses in the 2nd phase. I think some people might be trying to cause trouble in this thread

louser1 wrote: »
    I rang the EA on the off chance we might get a cancellation. It was confirmed there were no cancellations for 3 bed houses in the 2nd phase. I think some people might be trying to cause trouble in this thread
    There is a lot of non sense on this tread.

First of all the booking deposits were fully refundable so that statement is incorrect.

On the Thursday the houses were sold there was at least 10-15 people waiting to go on the cancellation list after the houses has been sold. Even if there was cancellations for the 3 beds they would have went to anyone there on the Thursday and not someone who turned up on the Friday. EA on a number of occasions have confirmed that only one of the 4 beds were cancelled and none of the 3 beds.

godtabh wrote: »
    There is massive plans for Glenamuck Road. All current planning applications have more or less been refused as being premature pending this.
    The plan is to completely bypass Kilternan and create a new link road to the M50.

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/kiltiernan_map.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

First of all the booking deposits were fully refundable so that statement is incorrect.

I was talking about the 10% deposit not the booking deposit.

Advertisement