Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishops Gate Kilternan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Revenue will be interested in this fact.
    A property being sold to a connected party at below market value? CGT liability incoming.

Correction: CAT, gift tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Revenue will be interested in this fact.
    A property being sold to a connected party at below market value? CGT liability incoming.

Nobody was talking about below market value. Maybe it was just held back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

Catkelly80 wrote: »
    Number 37 was not released in phase 1 or 2 but the house is sold. How can this happen?

I could be wrong but thought that was number 42 that was pre-reserved?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bishops

There's 30% to 40% big social housing estate down the cherrywood like the Ballyogan .

• Advertisement

Did the council actually also buy their 10% already?

Theres 100% social housing across the road. The estate on corner of Glenamuck Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Catkelly80

emmacxxx wrote: »
    I could be wrong but thought that was number 42 that was pre-reserved?

I wasn't aware of 42 but maybe that is also reserved. We were just aware that house 37 wasn't on the list in phase 1 or 2 and when we spoke to the estate agent he said it was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bishops

How about the duplex ? That was pre-reserved ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

bishops wrote: »
    How about the duplex ? That was pre-reserved ?

The two blocks of apartments (10 in total) at the front of the development are for social housing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

As a long term Enniskerry road commuter, I conducted an experiment today.

The good news is that from Bishopsgate to the IFSC, it took me approximately 35 minutes.

But...it was by bicycle.

I agree that the public transport is poor - when I am forced onto the 44, I usually take an expensive hybrid approach of switching to Luas at Balally as the Dundrum road does not have bus lanes and the bus just grinds to a halt....

The good news is that from Bishopsgate to the IFSC, it took me approximately 35 minutes.

I'm curious to know which route you took. I'll be doing a similar cycling commute.

SuiteCheex wrote: »
    I'm curious to know which route you took. I'll be doing a similar cycling commute.

Enniskerry Road
    Lambs Cross
    Over M50 right into Sandyford
    Left down Drummartin Link Road
    Goatstown
    Clonskea
    Sandford
    Ranelagh
    Right down Chelmsford Ave
    Left into Leeson Park
    Leeson Street Upper
    Right onto Grand Canal
    Left onto Pearse Street
    Right onto Macken Street, Cardiff Lane, over Sam Beckett Bridge to IFSC.

There's several variations possible depending on traffic lights etc but that's the gist of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,624 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Enniskerry Road
    Lambs Cross
    Over M50 right into Sandyford
    Left down Drummartin Link Road

I hate the junction coming off the roundabout to go down by the Beacon towards Drummartin - no consideration give to cycling by the road designers, and little consideration given to cyclists by drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I hate the junction coming off the roundabout to go down by the Beacon towards Drummartin - no consideration give to cycling by the road designers, and little consideration given to cyclists by drivers.

I think he means turn right at the mint past SuperValu in Sandyford and onto the Drummartin Link Road, rather than take the roundabout at the M50

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I think he means turn right at the mint past SuperValu in Sandyford and onto the Drummartin Link Road, rather than take the roundabout at the M50

Exactly - that roundabout is a death trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,624 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Dr.Rieux wrote: »

Got it - that's a better option all right.

No. This is not the norm and there is nothing normal about people driving by half built estates in anticipation of camping outside in order to spend a huge whack of money on a property.

It's happening again. There are currently queues in Greystones ahead of tomorrow's pre-launch of the Cairn Homes Glenheron development. https://www.cairnhomes.com/portfolio/2016/9/23/charlesland-greystones

Not normal but is unfortunately now the norm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Richardsons Muff

It's happening again. There are currently queues in Greystones ahead of tomorrow's pre-launch of the Cairn Homes Glenheron development. https://www.cairnhomes.com/portfolio/2016/9/23/charlesland-greystones

Not normal but is unfortunately now the norm.

no there is not, taken about 15 minutes ago...I work in Greystones...no need for this.

2h6gaaw.jpg

can send you a pic of the site as well if you want.

Some builders or EAs are there a few days before the launch and hand tickets with numbers out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

LirW wrote: »
    Some builders or EAs are there a few days before the launch and hand tickets with numbers out.

No-one up there this evening anyhow.
    Delicious dinner in Chakra though- have to visit Greystones more often.

no there is not, taken about 15 minutes ago...I work in Greystones...no need for this.

I was in Greystones earlier and was informed by a local that a queue had begun. I honestly hope, as your photo would suggest, I was grossly misinformed and if that is the case then I sincerely apologise for spreading falsehoods.

However, don't discount the potential that a list has begun, numbers have been given out and the queue has been dispersed/relocated in order to avoid negative press for the EA/developer.

I wholeheartedly understand your frustration with the current state of play and wish you every success in your endeavour to find a home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

SuiteCheex wrote:
    It's happening again. There are currently queues in Greystones ahead of tomorrow's pre-launch of the Cairn Homes Glenheron development.

Sorry, what's a prelaunch? Can you really secure a house at such an early stage?

Sorry, what's a prelaunch? Can you really secure a house at such an early stage?

It's a limited sale of houses from plans. Prices are typically lower than the phase 1 launch to reflect the fact that you're buying a house without seeing sight of a physical showhouse.

Developers can use it to gauge the level of purchaser appetite before construction commences in earnest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Thanks for the explanation. Is there any idea of when those homes in Greystones go on general sale? Limited information available.

LirW wrote: »
    However, don't discount the potential that a list has begun, numbers have been given out and the queue has been dispersed/relocated in order to avoid negative press for the EA/developer

Neither of these two assumptions happened. It's very unhelpful adding fuel to the fire of this mindless frenzy with this baseless untrue speculation. Estate agents must absolutely love the likes of you.

Furthermore, these houses which are basically an extension of Charlesland which has curently houses on sale 3/4 bed at about 20% less asking than these off plan "bargains"...they are ridiculously overpriced. Have zero interest.

My frustration lies with the vendors and those that are willing to be exploited by them...they're crying laughing into their cosmos in the Shelbourne bar again. Thanks.

I do not understand on how this adds fuel to the fire. Handing numbers out happened in a few developments on the northside. There were recently people here on boards (might be the Portmarnock thread, I'm not sure) telling first hand about this because it happened to them. I have no idea if this was Cairn.
    Just because it may or may not have happened there, it happened in very recent times. People do queue or get on lists or get numbers a few days before launch so they don't have to sleep in their cars. It is sad really, but there is no real way to change it at the moment.

Edit: I'm in the process of buying but in the middle of nowhere and I've viewed many estates in Dublin on the northside during the last year, remembering Churchfields in Ashbourne being particularly bad before launch.

Neither of these two assumptions happened. It's very unhelpful adding fuel to the fire of this mindless frenzy with this baseless untrue speculation. QUOTE]

As previously stated, I apologise for spreading falsehoods, in this particular instance
    Have zero interest.
    QUOTE]

I now see the futility in having a discussion with someone who is prepared to drive around Greystones obtaining photographic evidence to refute a boards.ie post about a phenomenon (queueing for a house) that evidently does occur (Bishop's Gate/Waverly in recent memory). So please consider this me throwing in the towel on this particular dialogue. My previous sentiment regarding your search for a home still remains.

Neither of these two assumptions happened. It's very unhelpful adding fuel to the fire of this mindless frenzy with this baseless untrue speculation. QUOTE]

As previously stated, I apologise for spreading falsehoods, in this particular instance
    Have zero interest.
    QUOTE]

I now see the futility in having a discussion with someone who is prepared to drive around Greystones obtaining photographic evidence to refute a boards.ie post so please consider this me throwing in the towel on this particular dialogue. My previous sentiment regarding your search for a home still remains.

"Throw in the towel on this particular dialogue" as in admit you were talking through your hoop about scenarios that never took place ? Editing posts and then blaming the fella down the road in Greystones that told you?

I'm not driving around Greystones, I work on Church Road and my reasons for posting photographic evidence are primarily to inform those that are potentially interested in purchasing a house in the new estate that there is no panic, that your baseless waffle contributes to the hysteria...and finally, a very small part of it is prove that your post is untrue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 louser1

Any update on the houses in Greystones?

Advertisement