Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishops Gate Kilternan

Options
  • 20-12-2016 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi!

Any thoughts anyone on Durkan development Bishops Gate in Kilternan, scheduled for release in Spring 2017?

Not much info online!

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

They could be a hard sell. Its out in the sticks. Check out the small development up the road, theres still a few for sale after many months on market.

Bishops Gate - whats the max they can sell for? 3 beds for 520 - 535k, 4 beds for 650 - 700k, thats my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shellfinn

I would have thought a bit less than that surely? You have Glenside as a comparison, not just Struan Glen

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

They could be a hard sell. Its out in the sticks.
    I nearly moved to the Kilternan area last year. It's very appealing if you want somewhere that feels out in the country but still within a short drive/cycle to Dundrum.

The Enniskerry road is quite busy during the day but dead quiet at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JpDennis

Katie9 wrote: »
    Hi!

Any thoughts anyone on Durkan development Bishops Gate in Kilternan, scheduled for release in Spring 2017?

Not much info online!

Regards

I am wondering the same. At a guess judging by their past builds, location and the size of the new builds I would say they would roughly be going for €365k

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

JpDennis wrote: »
    Katie9 wrote: »
    Hi!

Not much info online!

Regards

I am wondering the same. At a guess judging by their past builds, location and the size of the new builds I would say they would roughly be going for €365k
    I would add another 45k or so onto that price, when comparing to the houses that went for sale in Stepaside (Belmont & Belarmine)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

The Glenside houses started at 460k for a 3 bed - do you reckon this development will follow suit with that? I'm hoping they'll start at the 385k mark or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Glenside are probably a little more than here due to being close to Carrickmines Luas and the Park. But I reckon they wont be far off especially with the new Help to Buy Scheme.

I read on another board here - they were released last Friday and were sold in 15 minutes. Maybe that was phase 1 only.

I read on another board here - they were released last Friday and were sold in 15 minutes. Maybe that was phase 1 only.

There was a sale off plans of some of the houses. Full launch in May apparently.

Strange way of doing business. Either they are for sale, or not.

• Advertisement

Yeah heard they're officially being launched in May. Apparently the pre-launch prices started at the €399k mark.
    I reckon the prices will jump a good bit anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SarahE2017

What's the title of the other thread bishops gate were mentioned in?

Thanks

I don't know about the other thread but there was a pre-launch about 3/4 weeks ago. I got the email regarding houses available and prices and they were starting at 399k but they were sold within minutes. The second phase is due to be released in May at some stage I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Does anyone have a link to the planning permission request on dlrcoco.ie?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to the planning permission request on dlrcoco.ie?

http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=D10A/0716

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Richardsons Muff

what's the story on this? there were posts here earlier on and were deleted?

anyone going to the launch tomorrow? is there people camping out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

anyone going to the launch tomorrow? is there people camping out already?

some houses sold today to people camping out from last night

uberwolf wrote: »
    some houses sold today to people camping out from last night

eh? didn't the launch release email go out this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sunshine909

All the houses are now sold out............

Went up tonight to have a quick look in and the security guard handed us a letter from the estate agent saying how a queue had formed and out of fairness they sold them the houses....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

eh? didn't the launch release email go out this morning?

Unfortunately it's got to the stage that if you're waiting for a launch email, you could already too late. People are keeping a close eye on the progress of developments and when they see a flurry of activity onsite (tarmac laying and shrubbery planting being key indicators) they start to camp out in anticipation of a launch.

The same thing happened in Waverley in Greystones.

Genuine question...does this happen anywhere else on the planet? Are we this dysfunctional?

Second question...what in sweet f**k is the point in the launch tomorrow and Saturday?

Is saturdays launch to sell the remaining Friday launch houses that weren't available in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Crazy stuff. Rang the estate agent early this morning, they said there were people cueing from yday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sunshine909

Begs the question, were all the houses sold prior to today and the letter is just an insurance policy for the (understandably) irate house buyers on Friday morning??

Have family living in the area who would have passed by several times during the day and didn't see any queues outside the development.........

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

Begs the question, were all the houses sold prior to today and the letter is just an insurance policy for the (understandably) irate house buyers on Friday morning??

Have family living in the area who would have passed by several times during the day and didn't see any queues outside the development.........

Apparently the Guards came and moved them as there was a queue of 10 cars blocking the footpath and causing traffic disruption so they were shifted into the Golden Ball car park.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Friday 9th June (9.30am to 12pm) & Saturday 10th June (12pm to 2pm) apparently the developer/sales agent is on site taking deposits from interested parties. Please be respectful towards your future neighbours- and park and behave in a civil and reasonable manner.

Friday 9th June (9.30am to 12pm) & Saturday 10th June (12pm to 2pm) apparently the developer/sales agent is on site taking deposits from interested parties. Please be respectful towards your future neighbours- and park and behave in a civil and reasonable manner.

there was 20 units, 12 - 3 bed & 8 - 4 bed. they all sold/deposits taken yesterday afternoon.

there was 20 units, 12 - 3 bed & 8 - 4 bed. they all sold/deposits taken yesterday afternoon.

If that is the case- thats exceptionally poor form on the part of the developer and agent- you don't get to play people like this. Honestly- with behaviour like this- its easy to see why estate agents have such poor reputations.

I was up there about a half hour ago.

Queues started forming from the previous night before the launch was announced. there was such commotion on the road the following morning they started taking names and assigning numbers. the developer and builder then decided it was best to sell as they didn't want people camping out. Im disappointed and feel hard done by but I actually don't know how else they could've done it. those people would've stayed overnight last night and they would've been the first twenty anyway...so how do you do it? My biggest issue is with people camped out before the launch was announced, clearly tipped off or whatever it is...it's not people looking at tarmac getting laid as another poster said, that's ludicrous. All i know is that this place is out of control again.

• Advertisement

Looking at the prices- and it is Kilternan- yep, the prices they're charging for this development have no grounding in reality whatsoever. However, if people will pay it, common sense dictates that they will charge it.

As for tipping people off- it could have been any of a number of different people- but most probably some of the crew up there. Obviously- as you're aware- at least two different branches of the media were also tipped off- and one, somewhat sheepish radio station, played a part in hyping these.

I hear what you're saying- its quite a ridiculous situation- however, on public safety grounds alone, what the developer did was most probably in everyone's best interests.

Advertisement