Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishops Gate Kilternan

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Richardsons Muff

louser1 wrote: »
    Any update on the houses in Greystones?

still houses available @395k 3 bed terrace. all three bed semi d sold @400k and they still have four beds @465k can't remember how many.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bishops

There are new home for sale on daft.clonkeen-road-cabinteely-dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11 youngfarmer

See that, anyone know anything about area or when they're available?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hello92

Has anyone else who bought in Bishops Gate had issues with the contracts? Agents say they were sent out last Friday but our solicitor still hasn't received them.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 sunshine909

hello92 wrote: »
    Has anyone else who bought in Bishops Gate had issues with the contracts? Agents say they were sent out last Friday but our solicitor still hasn't received them.....

That sounds odd, does that mean your 21 days to sign the contract start from last Friday or the date you receive them?

I have found the EA (not sure if I can mention them by name but sure everyone knows who they are), from past dealings, to be an absolute disaster. You'd be lucky to get a response from them in a somewhat timely manner or to even be able to get them on the phone, different employees in the office will give you conflicting information, you can never get an honest, straight answer - they are extremely unprofessional, untrustworthy and unethical. But hey, they are an Estate Agent after all!

That sounds odd, does that mean your 21 days to sign the contract start from last Friday or the date you receive them?

I have found the EA (not sure if I can mention them by name but sure everyone knows who they are), from past dealings, to be an absolute disaster. You'd be lucky to get a response from them in a somewhat timely manner or to even be able to get them on the phone, different employees in the office will give you conflicting information, you can never get an honest, straight answer - they are extremely unprofessional, untrustworthy and unethical. But hey, they are an Estate Agent after all!

Yeah - they are saying the 21 days from last Friday still stands. Seems quite unfair as our solicitor really didn't receive them and still hasn't (at this rate will be Monday at the earliest).

Yeah - they are saying the 21 days from last Friday still stands. Seems quite unfair as our solicitor really didn't receive them and still hasn't (at this rate will be Monday at the earliest).

You should be ok, both parties should have a record when these documents are sent and arrive. You solicitor should tell you how to handle it if it becomes an issue down the line.

No harm querying it again. Sometimes that means lots of phone calls chasing people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

21 days to return the contracts is 100% hokum put in there to hurry people along. Take your time, get your solicitor to ask the vendor's solicitor as many questions as you feel are needed to rest easy knowing you have many the biggest purchase of your life with full information and understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JM1983

ronoc wrote: »
    I bought off plans a number of months ago from a cancellation.
    not sure there was any tipping off, i was one of the very lucky ones to get a house and the reason we queued was based on driving by the development everyday checking..

Has anyone received/signed contracts yet? Anything unusual in them or are they pretty standard?

Still waiting to receive ours.

• Advertisement

BBMcQ wrote: »
    21 days to return the contracts is 100% hokum put in there to hurry people along. Take your time, get your solicitor to ask the vendor's solicitor as many questions as you feel are needed to rest easy knowing you have many the biggest purchase of your life with full information and understanding.

They are offering the "incentive" of free kitchen appliances to sign contracts within 21 days. However they don't give details of the appliances so for all we know they could be bottom of the range, worth next to nothing, but will make people feel pressured to sign within 21 days to get them.

JM1983 wrote: »
    Has anyone received/signed contracts yet? Anything unusual in them or are they pretty standard?

Still waiting to receive ours.

Ours were issued quite quickly at the time. Nothing unusual in them according to our solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wantahouse

I heard the Bishops Gate contracts don't allow for any loan contingency. You might have pre approval on a loan but if for some reason you cannot get the funds when the house is complete you lose the full deposit. That could be a loss of E40K - E55K! How does anyone buying there feel about that? Is this a new practice from builders?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Wantahouse wrote: »
    I heard the Bishops Gate contracts don't allow for any loan contingency. You might have pre approval on a loan but if for some reason you cannot get the funds when the house is complete you lose the full deposit. That could be a loss of E40K - E55K! How does anyone buying there feel about that? Is this a new practice from builders?

That is pretty much like every contract. After you signed you're committed to closing the sale. If you can't for whatever reason you lose your full deposit.

i would agree. Huge risk to take with such a volatile housing market. Any Bishop's Gate buyers here have thoughts on this? Am considering trying to get a house in their next phase but this makes me very wary.

SuiteCheex wrote: »
    All I can say is that this is the approach I took and it bore fruit. There was no tipping off......it was blind hope that the launch was happening this weekend.
    not sure there was any tipping off, i was one of the very lucky ones to get a house and the reason we queued was based on driving by the development everyday checking..
    emmacxxx wrote: »
    Thankfully I was one of the lucky ones too - genuinely feel terrible for those who missed out because I know how it feels!
    ronoc wrote: »
    I bought off plans a number of months ago from a cancellation.

Did everyones solicitors put in "subject to loan" clause into the contracts? Did the builders solicitors accept this?

And any idea of completion date? Getting different answers from different employees in KW!

We bought in the latest phase and were told February by the agent at the show house - honestly hoping it will take longer to save €€!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bishops

You might confirm if you are happy to proceed with the purchase.I am on the cancellation list.

We bought in the latest phase and were told February by the agent at the show house - honestly hoping it will take longer to save €€!

The latest I have is an email from KW saying this October!!

That is very true, the longer it takes the more we can save!

Yeah I've been told by people who have bought new builds in the past year or so to add on an extra 3-4 months to what they say as there is ALWAYS delays!

• Advertisement

October for the houses bought just 2 weeks ago?

Wantahouse wrote: »
    October for the houses bought just 2 weeks ago?

Yes, I received the following in an email form KW for the houses launched 3 weeks ago: "we have been provided with an initial completion date of October".

Hmm I'm not 100% but I think that may be in terms of completion of all the houses sold in the development? Could be wrong though!

Hmm I'm not 100% but I think that may be in terms of completion of all the houses sold in the development? Could be wrong though!

I am going to the viewing they are holding for purchasers, so I will most definitely have a list of questions to ask including this, and hopefully they will answer them honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They are offering the "incentive" of free kitchen appliances to sign contracts within 21 days. However they don't give details of the appliances so for all we know they could be bottom of the range, worth next to nothing, but will make people feel pressured to sign within 21 days to get them.
    We had the same incentive for new builds last year - it was a €2000 DID voucher that we could spend as we pleased.

Snap - can't wait to see them again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sunshine909

I have been looking at planning applications for around the area and see that Rockhurst (residential property that borders part of Bishop's Gate, which was sold in March 2017, maybe to Durkans?) has had multiple planning applications for developments for between 2-26 houses on it (search Rockhurst here http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=1988710)

One of the applications is for Rockhurst & Bishops Gate to share access. If this happened and then houses/apartment blocks were built on Rockhurst land, two of the roads that should be cul-de-sacs according to current development plans could be extended (SPP) to be used by any units in the new developments? One of the applications (which was refused), used Bishops Gate roads as access to new units.

It may seem trivial however we like the fact that the house is on a cul-de-sac, and the land alongside the majority of Bishops Gate isn't listed as future development, only towards the back is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

LirW wrote:
    That is pretty much like every contract. After you signed you're committed to closing the sale. If you can't for whatever reason you lose your full deposit.

All you have to do is ask your solicitor to put in a clause though which protects you in most cases. Risking losing a deposit is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

Did everyones solicitors put in "subject to loan" clause into the contracts? Did the builders solicitors accept this?

And any idea of completion date? Getting different answers from different employees in KW!

My solicitor has just received responses to his queries on the contract. I haven't yet heard if the "subject to loan" clause was accepted. Will keep you posted.

From conversations with the EA at the time of paying the booking deposit, we were told it would be February 2018 before completion. I think it depends on where your house is located in the development. The builders are working from the front to the back and as each section is completed, they're being released to the purchasers. We're located towards the back hence the Feb 18 completion date.

Bear in mind I've nothing in writing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

I have been looking at planning applications for around the area and see that Rockhurst (residential property that borders part of Bishop's Gate, which was sold in March 2017, maybe to Durkans?) has had multiple planning applications for developments for between 2-26 houses on it (search Rockhurst here http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=1988710)

One of the applications is for Rockhurst & Bishops Gate to share access. If this happened and then houses/apartment blocks were built on Rockhurst land, two of the roads that should be cul-de-sacs according to current development plans could be extended (SPP) to be used by any units in the new developments? One of the applications (which was refused), used Bishops Gate roads as access to new units.

It may seem trivial however we like the fact that the house is on a cul-de-sac, and the land alongside the majority of Bishops Gate isn't listed as future development, only towards the back is.

Is Rockhurst going in to the field between BG and the Golden Ball?

I'd heard that Durkan's owned that plot of land and were planning to develop it separately to BG. There's a river running along the access road in BG that acts as a boundary between BG and what I'm assuming is going to be Rockhurst so, as you've already pointed out, any further BG development is going to down the back.

Advertisement