Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is everyone going to be voting for in the next general election?

Options
  • 10-12-2019 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭

I’ll be voting FG one and two, Labour 3, and will leave it at that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

some combination of FF, FG, and SF, not sure who'll get the number 1, prob FF

No idea of the full list of candidates so couldn’t say yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TBH I have genuinely no idea J,

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Not one of them. My area is sown up anyway.

SD1, GP2, SF3, FF and FG below the nutjob christians and alphabet parties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

None of the above, lol.

b98d7affbfe2a116db922a4bed30d1f8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No idea of the full list of candidates so couldn’t say yet.
    It may not be complete yet but this should give you a pretty decent idea. Just search for your constituency.

https://adriankavanaghelections.org/2017/04/19/candidates-for-the-next-2017-2021-general-election-by-constituency/

David Cullinane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

FG #1
    SF / Greens #2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭furiousox

I don't want anything to do with their self-serving gravy train so I won't be voting for any of them this time.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

Grimby. I love Grimby.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

furiousox wrote: »
    I don't want anything to do with their self-serving gravy train so I won't be voting for any of them this time.

But some one else will and probably some with opposing views to you. Use your vote and make it count.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah I'm currently very unimpressed with the current state of political parties. I've no idea who to vote for. Usually I've a good idea by this stage. Might vote independent.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

David Cullinane.

The only sitting TD in Waterford worth a damn.

I'm voting 1:GP, 2:SF, 3:LAB. May give 4 to FG as I don't want to see a FF government and they have an awful candidate in my constituency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

If I'm living in a constituency with a Workers' Party candidate, I'll probably give them my first preference. It's the only party that has consistently impressed me over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

We have no pro-EU federalisation, pro-EU defence, anti Irish 'neutrality', anti NATO, counter-cyclical economic policy, Irish Nationalist, pro United Ireland party.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭furiousox

godtabh wrote: »
    But some one else will and probably some with opposing views to you. Use your vote and make it count.

I know the right to vote is important and a lot of people had to fight for that privelige, but honestly, I'm so disillusioned with the Irish political system right now I feel what's the point?
    What difference will it make?
    They're all the same.

The health system has been broken for years no matter who's in power.
    Property tax.
    TD expenses, pensions.
    Spending how much on a printer?
    Clocking in when not present.
    Dail voting when not present.
    No-one ever resigns or is held to account.
    I honestly think it's a game for them and they're in it for themselves not us.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I could lie, like most others who adorn these threads with anti everything and it's always FGs fault or FFs and that SF, SDs PBPs and indos will be the answer to all our problems, anything has to be better than what we have.
    But I won't, I'll vote for FG.
    They're probably the best of a bad lot, but I hope we end up with a decent majority Govt no matter who it is, this current Dail is the most ineffectual piece of garbage in my lifetime memory.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If count binface was running here he'd get my vote.

All FG did, as predicted, was tax anything that moved, and are still doing so. FF have no spine. Greens got some power recently and, guess what?, more taxes..

Bankergate.
    Applegate.
    Watergate.
    Hospitalgate.
    Printergate.
    Swinggate.
    Sewagegate.
    Beefgate.

How anyone with conscience can ever vote for them again is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I'm completely disillusioned with our political system, I've no idea who to vote for....beneath the veneer of a normal functioning country lies a completely dysfunctional, regressive and rotten system...that pays lip service to the day to day spending of taxpayers hard earned money and the sacrifices ordinary working people have to make each and every day!

I'd be as liberal as a conservative can be I feel completely disenfranchised...I'd normally be a loyal voter of a centrist party with savy economic policies....I have nothing but disdain for media so I avoid as much news content as I can therefore I can't be influenced by the plummeting standards we are witnessing these days!

I feel we have swung from a very patronising pious catholic state to an equally patrionising pious "liberal" version...the liberal policies always end up costing the taxpayer more which will cause problems in a society who's future economic growth is not something the state can bank on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

United People.
    Greater transparency from better elected!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,857 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

:P
    Steve wrote: »
    If count binface was running here he'd get my vote.

All FG did, as predicted, was tax anything that moved, and are still doing so. FF have no spine. Greens got some power recently and, guess what?, more taxes..

Bankergate.
    Applegate.
    Watergate.
    Hospitalgate.
    Printergate.
    Swinggate.
    Sewagegate.
    Beefgate.

How anyone with conscience can ever vote for them again is beyond me.

You’d have to really be bonkers to touch FG... FF a lot of talent in the party just Martin seems like a savvy politician if you can get past the ‘personality’.... Leo while an outgoing fellow you certainly know that trustworthy and having the public interest as #1 won’t be his motivation for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Ill wait until the last few days to see how the polls are to know whether to go FG top, FF there after, or the other way around. Either is OK fundamentally and are the only sensible option for any voter these days. Greens and Labour next, as it puts the retired terrorists further down the list, and the effective spoiled votes that are votes for independents only a step above them.
    I commend this strategy to all on the voting register.

I'd normally be a FG person, and much as people hate me for saying it, I liked Enda's run for the most part. However, they have demonstrated that they're unable to do the job of late so I think it's time they were shown the door.

That said, I'm sure they'll still get a good vote count as people just stick with what they know by and large.

I have no interest whatsoever in the Green Party as they're merely a tax party (at least they're honest about it though, I suppose) so I might just vote random independents or non FG-FF-SF people in as a protest vote of sorts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I don't know. Not FF, FG or SF.

I guess a mix of Independents, Greens and SDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Anyone but FF or FG, can we all please try something different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I could lie, like most others who adorn these threads with anti everything and it's always FGs fault or FFs and that SF, SDs PBPs and indos will be the answer to all our problems, anything has to be better than what we have.
    But I won't, I'll vote for FG.
    They're probably the best of a bad lot, but I hope we end up with a decent majority Govt no matter who it is, this current Dail is the most ineffectual piece of garbage in my lifetime memory.

Im a believer we need to see one drastic change to get the country right. People need to be confident that we can do it. FF and FG have proved time and time again toxic for the country. It's a pity most people have such a fear of real change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

No offence to the posters so far, but there’s a noticeable lack of stepping up to the plate and saying who you’d vote for.

Don’t see the Dissatisfaction and Disillusioned party talking about running candidates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What irks me the most about FG is the housing crisis. A typical rental in Dublin is now €2000 / month. To pay that the tenant has to earn ~ €4000, the 'landlord' then pays €1000 in tax / prsi /USC.
    So to stay in their home, the property owner gets €1000 and the tax man gets €3000. How is this fair?
    Same with child care only there is VAT on top.

This is the FG way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,288 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

In the past I'd have ruled out PBP/AAA and now I'd include the Greens into the list!

Advertisement