Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car jacker killed in Dublin crash ***mod note first post: read before posting***

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

taxi driver or godfarther which one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Hootanany wrote: »
    ...godfarther......

I didn't see that, is it on Netflix? :D

(it's Taxidriver BTW)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FTA69 wrote: »
    I just learned a young colleague of mine who had just moved to London was ploughed down by raiders on a moped fleeing a smash and grab at a posh city centre hotel. She was crossing at a green man when these bastards flew around the corner and smashed into her, leaving her an unconscious heap in the middle of the road. She's now in hospital with serious injuries to her legs and neck.

It's very hard to have sympathy for these sort of criminals when they end up hurting themselves. Better that than some poor civilian.

Sorry if the above sentiment has been repeated already.

here's the story on that, you just never know what bastard is round the corner.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/10/dorchester-hotel-london-smash-grab-jewellery-heist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

pablo128 wrote: »
    If I was the taxi driver, I would try to find the surviving lad, and do my best to give him a good hiding. No, I wouldn't try to kill him. I have a family. I don't want to do life in prison.
    In light of the latest info on the taxi driver joining Schumacher and his mate getting baked, I am in two minds whether to retract my above statement.
    Is this the kind of person we want driving us home from the boozer/nightclub in the early hours?

That's if the reporting is accurate, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I don't think that if the taxi driver was doing drugs too and thats a big if at the moment, that it really makes a difference to the outcome, joyrider crashes racing around public streets in a car that he doesn't own, isn't insured in whilst on drugs/drink or both, his joyrider friend dies he then leaves him like the cowardly scum that he clearly is, gets arrested. Adding in that they possibly were doing drugs with the taxi driver would just mean that 3 scumbags were involved instead of 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,979 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Hootanany wrote: »
    taxi driver or godfarther which one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Did he get bail?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Did he get bail?

he tried but the garda objected and he is being held in custody..

be an aweful shame if he falls down a flight of stairs and hits his head on a heavy cell door a few times;)

scum of the earth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

mike65 wrote: »
    here's the story on that, you just never know what bastard is round the corner.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/10/dorchester-hotel-london-smash-grab-jewellery-heist

They said she was 25 for some reason, she's actually only 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Blonde Moments88

Unsurprisingly the confession of the taxi driver to having been taking drugs himself has sent out the "not so smart now are ye" criminal sympathy supporters in droves all over facebook. The lack of insight morals or intelligence is infuriating. All that's changed is there's now 3 criminals instead of 2. They still went joyriding off their heads on drugs ran someone into a wall, damaged several cars & miraculously only hurt themselves & not any innocent bystanders. They really think that people should be ashamed of themselves for being angry & disgusted by this crime & publicly expressing these feelings. I feel like banging my head of a wall or going out getting drunk I'm so frustrated :/ doesn't matter what you say to those people as someone else pointed out their brains are programmed completely differently. I'm from a socially disadvantaged area myself so I know what it's like to grow up surrounded by people like this. They don't give a hoot about anyone but themselves & accept responsibility for nothing. They think the world owes them a favour. I despise the excuses, everyone knows right from wrong(psychopaths etc excluded from that statement obviously) I sympathise for the families grief as someone with morals I would never take delight in anyone else's pain but I have no sympathy for those 2 men they made their choice!!!! Or mistake as their supporters describe it, give me strength!! Poor Ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement