Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car jacker killed in Dublin crash ***mod note first post: read before posting***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Yeah, but he also killed the guy who killed Hitler.

He also kept him alive and well fed for long enough to allow him to kill 6 million Jews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

bumper234 wrote: »
    Having a child with a criminal makes you a criminal? :confused:

It puts you in the heart of the criminals world. You have to ask the criminal for maintenance. Where does the money come from? Your buying nappies and clothes with whats possibly drugs money. The criminal wants access to his child. The criminal takes the child away with him, and brings her back, and your child has been in the company of a criminal (her father) over night or for a weekend. Its impossible to separate yourself from the criminality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Montroseee wrote: »
    You've got that spot on there, these people's perception is completely warped. I grew up in the crime ridden area of Inchicore and consequently lived and schooled with plenty of bad apples and criminals in the making. These people think guards, high earners, businessmen etc. are the scum of the earth and are screwing the system/keeping them oppressed. It's crazy to listen to, they'll want every welfare benefit in the world with no thanks and no concept of where it even comes from. I absolutely guarantee you the victim of this crime would not even get one second of consideration by them.

Some of the comments here are distasteful, baying for blood and gore is really awful to read.

This is my experience too. Personal responsibility simply doesn't exist. The man in the big house in D4 or the farmer with 100 head of beef is doing them out of their entitlements somehow and they're victims of beaurocracy and a conspiracy by the ruling classes to keep them in penury. Theres a big money tree out the back of Leinster House and all the Dept. of SW or Health have to do is go out and pull some more notes down off it and give them some, but they wont because theyre keeping it all for themselves.
    Try explaining the concept of people going to work and having to pay tax and PRSI and USC for the common good ad you'll be laughed off the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    If that useless toe-rag was was "the best" I'd love to see who they figure is the worst...

He was an angel, he did no arm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Dublin really is pretty ****. And I spent most of my life in limerick. The moniker Bullet Dublin is really catching on with the gangland shootings and you still have the ordinary scum doing this.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    They'll only stop if there is severe consequences.

I dunno what the going rate would be for the driver, as in how long he is actually likely to serve behind bars. Unfortunately, I doubt it will be a deterrent for anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

He was an angel, he did no arm :pac:

He was an angle hun

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Have the family and friends expressed any apology to the poor taxi driver.
    Or expressed shame at what this guy did?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

jsd1004 wrote: »
    Dublin really is pretty ****. And I spent most of my life in limerick. The moniker Bullet Dublin is really catching on with the gangland shootings and you still have the ordinary scum doing this.

"Bullet Dublin"? Not very catchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Have the family and friends expressed any apology to the poor taxi driver.
    Or expressed shame at what this guy did?

Why would they? He just made a mistake as we all do. Like the time I stabbed someone...wait no, thats not a mistake (note: nobody has been stabbed), what about that time I was speeding and hit someone? nope. That time I bought a loop the loop instead of a choc ice? There we go. We all do it so we cant judge!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Why would they? He just made a mistake as we all do. Like the time I stabbed someone...wait no, thats not a mistake (note: nobody has been stabbed), what about that time I was speeding and hit someone? nope. That time I bought a loop the loop instead of a choc ice? There we go. We all do it so we cant judge!

I once accidentally all of Ballymun :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

wexie wrote: »
    I once accidentally all of Ballymun :eek:

Ooh, guessing games! I'm good at these....bummed?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

When you are under the influence you do stupid things

No matter how absolutely off my ****in rasher I have ever been in my life on any substance I have never, not one single time, attacked and carjacked someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

No matter how absolutely off my ****in rasher I have ever been in my life on any substance I have never, not one single time, attacked and carjacked someone.

ah...ya werent gettin good shtuff buuud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

according to the papers he was a drug dealer whos favourite drug of choice was speed & Smack....

wonder what went through his mind at the moment of impact?

Probably his thieving ass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kurtainsider

spurious wrote: »
    Presumably the driver will be done for manslaughter (at a minimum) since the death of the passenger occurred during the committing of a crime.

Knowing this country they'll probably prosecute the taxi driver.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

24 year old to appear in court in the morning, in relation to this!

I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm predicting he gets bail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Hearing the other one died too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

And free legal aid to defend himself because we know how he will plead. Another couple of hundred grand down the gurgler before he even gets jailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dan1895 wrote: »

Hey, don't tease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

give it time give it time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

jsd1004 wrote: »
    i saw a big fight in ennis last thursday night, its not only dublin. as crime goes, dublin is a safe capital city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The driver escaped literally without a scratch!

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Some of the replies here are borderline sociopath.

It's hard to feel any sympathy for the carjackers yes, but some of the comments are way OTT.

At the end of the day it's still someones son, someone's brother, maybe someones father.

Hitler was someones son, someones brother and possibly also someones father. No sympathy. Justice served that otherwise probably wouldn't be in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

Omackeral wrote: »
    This guy. This guy right here. This is the guy. He knows.

Sounds quite like a Peter Griffin line : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

The driver escaped literally without a scratch!

nice fella plowed the passenger side into the pole then probably still managed to nick the taxi drivers float before showing deep concern for his mate by leggin it as fast as possible

bet he's not looking forward to meeting the dead blokes family at the funeral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Have we any names for the scummers yet?

I fancy an aul gander on FB to see all their Tupac/Fcuk da Police/ up da Shinners etc etc posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Have we any names for the scummers yet?

I fancy an aul gander on FB to see all their Tupac/Fcuk da Police/ up da Shinners etc etc posts.

There's a tribute page set up, Rest in Peace Alex Doyle (the link is above somewhere). Be warned though, you have to be a "full time mad bastard" or "full time mammy" to be part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

wonder what went through his mind at the moment of impact?

From the pics of the wreck, I reckon nearside A-pillar.

Advertisement