Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car jacker killed in Dublin crash ***mod note first post: read before posting***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

pO1Neil wrote: »
    Seriously what type of sick twisted nutter are you? He was an idiot who stole a car, not a Nazi who killed six million by which the tone of your comment sounds like something you'd delight in.
    Is there any truth in the rumours that he beat the crap out of the taxi driver before he stole the car?

Then of course, sticking to the speed limit in a built up area a pole appeared and collided with the stolen car.

His unintentionally dangerous driving killed his "mate" and he fled the scene, perhaps because he was traumatised!

Hopefully the Gardaí took him to hospital for a medical check and that the judge will be lenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The simple fact is the world is a tiny bit of a better place than it was a few days ago, i dont think anyone apart from this mans friends and family will be crying and of course I fully expect to hear the usual "ah shuwer he was a kind sowel, didnt mean no harm and wouldnt huwert a fly"

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

I would be curious to see his photo .The scum left his mate to die ,after he caused the accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

For anyone in doubt about the driver of the car (someones son, someones brother, someones father) - he fled the scene to leave his mate dying alone.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/carjacker-flees-wreckage-as-friend-lies-dying-on-street-30338953.html

It's a pity the little scrote didn't flee into the front of a passing bus. The only people I have sympathy here for, are the emergency services who arrived to that scene, or anyone who witnessed it or the aftermath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

and so it begins defence of his character and his actions...as if its normal behaviour...and this is why the cycle doesnt get stopped...instea dof people using this as a reason to convince others not to do it...they just say he was unlucky and didnt deserve it..thereby no lesson to be learnt by anyone.

I want to see an interview "Yeh he was a toerag, always commiting crimes for himself, didnt give a damn about his childs future, as long as he had his laugh, pity he died, but it was always going to happen"

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/alex-doyle-taxi-death-face-3663442
    Orla Louise McGuigan and Michelle Noonan were close pals of the dead father who lived on Cuffe Street, South Dublin.
    Unemployed Doyle had a young daughter Lexi, who was just two years of age, and he lived with his mother Jane.
    Ms Noonan said: “Alex was a lovely young fellow and he has a two-year-old daughter.
    “He did something wrong but he didn’t deserve to die like this.”

Ms McGuigan added: “People do stupid things but Alex didn’t deserve to die. When you are under the influence you do stupid things.”
    Appealing to other young people Ms McGuigan said: “No matter how fun it seems at the time please think before you do anything stupid like this.
    “It might seem like fun but the consequences are huge.”

• Advertisement

>>He (Doyle the now dead one ) had addiction issues but he was dealing with them quite successfully.<<

Yes ,right ,W.T.F.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Montroseee wrote: »
    Why do people car jack others? The chances of actually getting away with the car in this day and age, especially in cities, is just so slim. The risk benefit ratio is too high.
    Modern cars are much harder to steal by brute force; you can break into them, but getting them started is much more difficult. Hence, take the car with the keys.
    flanzer wrote: »
    For anyone in doubt about the driver of the car (someones son, someones brother, someones father) - he fled the scene to leave his mate dying alone.
    No honour among scum.
    and so it begins defence of his character and his actions...as if its normal behaviour...and this is why the cycle doesnt get stopped...instea dof people using this as a reason to convince others not to do it...they just say he was unlucky and didnt deserve it..thereby no lesson to be learnt by anyone.
    I love this defence of character bull****, “People do stupid things but Alex didn’t deserve to die. When you are under the influence you do stupid things.”
    "Stupid things" under the influence are saying the wrong thing to your boss, falling out of your chair or sticking food in the microwave and then falling asleep. Non-scum do not rob cars because they've had a few drinks or pills. You have to be a scumbag first.

He didn't deserve to die, but at the same time you'd have to live in another universe to say that this was a stupid drunk mistaken gotten out of hand.

We've a two year old girl now who with any luck will grow up with stories about how great her father was and have a lovely image of him in her head rather than have to live with a half-absentee drunken mess who spends half his life in and out of prison and the other half off his face and neglecting his child.

seamus wrote: »
    We've a two year old girl now who will grow up with stories about how great her father was and have a lovely image of him in her head rather than have to live with a half-absentee drunken mess who spends half his life in and out of prison and the other half off his face and neglecting his child.

Hitting the Nail right on the head here!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

seamus wrote: »
    We've a two year old girl now who with any luck will grow up with stories about how great her father was and have a lovely image of him in her head rather than have to live with a half-absentee drunken mess who spends half his life in and out of prison and the other half off his face and neglecting his child.

And in 14 years when she's involved in crime and beating some girl in school up (if she's still in school and not just some gangsters moll at that stage) will we be glad if she dies as a result of crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I want to see an interview "Yeh he was a toerag, always commiting crimes for himself, didnt give a damn about his childs future, as long as he had his laugh, pity he died, but it was always going to happen"

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/alex-doyle-taxi-death-face-3663442

Ahh I love being proven right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Some of the replies here are borderline sociopath.

It's hard to feel any sympathy for the carjackers yes, but some of the comments are way OTT.

At the end of the day it's still someones son, someone's brother, maybe someones father.

Agree. I'm really shocked by the level of vitriol, people saying things like "I hope he died screaming" - the fuuck? That's a bit sick and weird.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Agree. I'm really shocked by the level of vitriol, people saying things like "I hope he died screaming" - the fuuck? That's a bit sick and weird.

well i dont hope or wish he died either way facts are

He committed a serious crime. and died while doing it. We are lucky no one else died as a result.

If he hadnt died this time and cant reoffend then what about next time, what if your family member was killed by him.

So while not happy he died, I think its a benefit to society in the long run that he did. No further cost to society in prison costs, social costs, loss of life costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

well i dont hope or wish he died either way facts are

He committed a serious crime. and died while doing it. We are lucky no one else died as a result.

If he hadnt died this time and cant reoffend then what about next time, what if your family member was killed by him.

So while not happy he died, I think its a benefit to society in the long run that he did. No further cost to society in prison costs, social costs, loss of life costs.

I agree that it is no loss to society, and of course it could have been worse if he had hit someone else. Thankfully he did not. As someone who was almost orphaned by "boy racers" I can appreciate more than most that this guy's passing is not exactly tragedy of the year. However, I still think it is sick to hope that anyone "died screaming" or that his 5th vertebrae went through his mind before he died etc. ffs, that's just unnecessary savage vitriol. The guy is dead. Good. We dont need to be baying for gore.

He died in a flash .Better for him in the long run and a lot better for society,I.M.O Yes he lost his arm ,but he will not be needing it now .(Was going to put a smiley but that would be in poor taste )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Umadbrah? wrote: »
    I love it people are glad that a young man dies just because he stole. Sure we might as well start handing out the death sentence to people who steal...

Or we could try jailing them. Many toerags out there who are on crime speees are doing so while on bail.

Or we could try jailing them. Many toerags out there who are on crime speees are doing so while on bail.

Not enought prisons but that could be solved with 40 inmates to a cell ,like here in Thailand .One bowl of spuds a day would keep food costs down also .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

And in 14 years when she's involved in crime and beating some girl in school up (if she's still in school and not just some gangsters moll at that stage) will we be glad if she dies as a result of crime?

Lol

1940's Chicago comes to Dublin.

Maybe the child's mother will teach her to grow up and NOT commit crime like most loving parents do, Without this negative influence around her she is probably better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

If you want a laugh, his mate is on 98fm now saying what a lovely fella he was, a devoted father that would do anything for anyone.

Fiolina wrote: »
    If you want a laugh, his mate is on 98fm now saying what a lovely fella he was, a devoted father that would do anything for anyone.

Am listening, You always get them on and they can't understand that people think he is scum. They don't realise that normal people do not just go out and car jack someones car and drive like a ****ing idiot through the streets of a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

this is different then wishing we had the death penalty for crime....this is wishing somebody was killed before he kills innocent bystanders...that car was a death machine and luckily it stopped quickly and nobody else was killed

• Advertisement

bumper234 wrote: »
    Am listening, You always get them on and they can't understand that people think he is scum. They don't realise that normal people do not just go out and car jack someones car and drive like a ****ing idiot through the streets of a city.

Had to listen to this...wow what nonesense....hes a gread da...an angel....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

RIP Robbing cars in heaven now xoxox

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What are the odds the arrested one is let out while the DPP works out whether to charge him or not. It's beyond bloody ridiculous.

Anyway just remember folks, be aware out there. Lock your doors when you drive. Be aware of your surroundings in shopping center car parks, garage forecourts and the like. If you feel you're being targeted go back into the shop/garage. Oh and when you put petrol in your car lock the doors before you go in to pay. And if someone steps in front of you in the road with any sort of weapon or threatening behaviour, well let's just say the brake pedal is not your friend and you're in control of one of the biggest weapons available and one of the most dangerous. A Toyota Starlet at 30 MPH makes a 44 magnum look like a peashooter.

If you want to feel safer you could invest in window film that makes breaking your windows much more difficult for the scum. A third party anti hijack system that means you just give the scum the keys and it kills the car down the road a safe distance from you is another option. That lot should cost less than 300 quid all in.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Lol

1940's Chicago comes to Dublin.

Maybe the child's mother will teach her to grow up and NOT commit crime like most loving parents do, Without this negative influence around her she is probably better off.

No, the mother won't - cos she's involved in crime too. She has a kid with a criminal. That's my point.

No, the mother won't - cos she's involved in crime too. She has a kid with a criminal. That's my point.

Having a child with a criminal makes you a criminal? :confused:

Wibbs wrote: »
    What are the odds the arrested one is let out while the DPP works out whether to charge him or not. It's beyond bloody ridiculous.

Anyway just remember folks, be aware out there. Lock your doors when you drive. Be aware of your surroundings in shopping center car parks, garage forecourts and the like. If you feel you're being targeted go back into the shop/garage. Oh and when you put petrol in your car lock the doors before you go in to pay. And if someone steps in front of you in the road with any sort of weapon or threatening behaviour, well let's just say the brake pedal is not your friend and you're in control of one of the biggest weapons available and one of the most dangerous. A Toyota Starlet at 30 MPH makes a 44 magnum look like a peashooter.

If you want to feel safer you could invest in window film that makes breaking your windows much more difficult for the scum. A third party anti hijack system that means you just give the scum the keys and it kills the car down the road a safe distance from you is another option. That lot should cost less than 300 quid all in.

Having a dash cam (they are now very cheap ),might help also .

Having a child with a criminal makes you a criminal? :confused:

If you're living off the proceeds of that crime then yes.

If you're living off the proceeds of that crime then yes.

Can you show me where she is living with him? Where she is getting money from him? How he was making this money?

My point is that it's a cycle that a lot of criminals are in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Of course. I agree with you. But it seems some people here are downright delighted at the outcome.

Just a bit OTT to me.

Maybe because he was probably going to rack up 200+ convictions and spend his life making everybody elses miserable while our awesome justice system did nothing to prevent it.

Advertisement