Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car jacker killed in Dublin crash ***mod note first post: read before posting***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

Lofty123 wrote: »
    Now I see how it works...

Get a conviction early so that you can never be threatened with work. After that whether you have 5 or 55 previous convictions makes no difference when it comes to sentencing. Then qualify for early release for "good behavior", which to the rest of us law abiding citizens is merely ordinary behavior. Cost the State a fortune in benefits, free legal aid, probation supervision, drug rehab etc, etc.

"God only takes the good" ?????

Whats even worse imo is that this guys family and friends don't appear to see anything wrong with his behavior :mad:

Imagine after the 10th conviction if he had no fingers....

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

lolosaur wrote: »
    Imagine after the 10th conviction if he had no fingers....

I'm beginning to think you may have a point ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

Lofty123 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think you may have a point ;)

could have been 49 other convictions prevented.

But he was a good lad at heart. salt of the earth etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

lolosaur wrote: »
    could have been 49 other convictions prevented.

But he was a good lad at heart. salt of the earth etc...

Wouldna hurt a fly, unless of course it was one of those bloody foreign flies :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

good.......one less scumbag on the streets...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    good.......one less scumbag on the streets...

From the reports, it sounded like he skidded down the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

do the judges deem these sentences appropriate or are they so lenient due to the shortage of prison spaces? Whats the problem with building another super prison, keep mountjoy, I would have no problem paying a bit more in tax to make society a safer place. Also when you factor in all the costs associated with these criminals, never mind the moral argument, would it not be cheaper to have them locked up? They cant claim welfare, Gardai wont be wasting their time on the same people again and again, we could take people off the dole to construct and staff these prisons etc...

Also in relation to sentencing, can the government impose mandatory sentences that the judiciary would hand down, or how does it work?

They are wasting court time and prison spaces on tv license dodgers etc, simple, just deduct it at source with interest, like the property tax...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭dodzy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Some of the replies here are borderline sociopath.

It's hard to feel any sympathy for the carjackers yes, but some of the comments are way OTT.

At the end of the day it's still someones son, someone's brother, maybe someones father.

I agree, although he was never one who would go out on a limb for you, he was not a troublesome person. Some would go so far as to say he was pretty 'armless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

The government had the opportunity but let it slip through their fingers. They could have taken all the law abiding people from scum areas and shipped them off into lovely brand new housing estates courtesy of Nama. Get them into community schemes to improve the estates and their upkeep and generally give them reasons for self worth/pride etc.

The scumbags can then be left to fight amongst themselves. Survival of the fittest will prevail until the last ones standing get locked up.

Would have been a perfect and totally legal way of social re-engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    These scummers are so abnormal and desensitised that they genuinely think this behaviour is normal.

I was watching some tracksuit clad scobe on the luas red line on Friday - I was heading into a friend for drink. Left an absolute trail of destruction behind him - half-eaten Kentucky fried chicken, half eaten box of wedges. Stank out the whole place and then hopped off at Rialto - passing a bin on the way.

These people are beyond help. The Dutch have the right idea - http://www.stickboydaily.com/really/holland-to-create-scumbag-villages-for-bad-tenants/. Let them live their own lives with their own rules, pay their dole and benefits and let them leech of each other. Keep them far away from people who just want to create a decent society for their family and friends.

Really love that Dutch idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

dodzy wrote: »
    I agree, although he was never one who would go out on a limb for you, he was not a troublesome person. Some would go so far as to say he was pretty 'armless.

You have a chip on your shoulder. He made a mistake and it got out of hand...he just needed someone to put their arm around him. Yes he had a criminal record as long as your arm and bit the hand that fed him, but you weren't there to witness the crash first hand - he and the driver were brothers in arms and Taxis these days cost an arm and a leg. Hand on heart he was an angel. RIP babe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

A good few of the European countries had compulsory military service until fairly recently. I think the amount has dimished somewhat. http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/politics/Mandatory_military_service_in_Europe.html?cid=34728252

I worked as a student in Germany (few summers and an Erasmus year) and was always impressed by it. Fellas finish secondary school, and then do a stint in the military before taking up a trade or university degree. Sorted them out no end and they started out in life with some real skills.

yes totally...i did my military service in the german army back in 1989/90 (12 months) and, though back then i didn’t always like it (all the getting up super early, physical stress and getting bossed around and all), with hindsight i think it was a good time where i learned a lot and met a number of good people i would never have met otherwise...and i certainly did get a good dose of reality...
    i think abolishing the service in germany was the wrong decision and some sort of national service (for men and women) would be a good thing to have for any country...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Them Dutch have nailed it. Can you imagine the uproar from all the do gooders over here if this idea was suggested.
    They prob polishing the black horses and horse drawn hearse for that little bollix now....

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Also in relation to sentencing, can the government impose mandatory sentences that the judiciary would hand down, or how does it work?

Or even just a '3 strikes and you're out' kinda policy. Doesn't need to be 3 strikes either, we can be lenient and make it '20 ****ups and we're banishing you to some suitable ****hole somewhere'. 3 strikes could still catch people that are going through a rough time, after 20 convictions though I think it's safe to assume you're trying too hard to turn your life around for the better.

'tis a sad reflection of affairs that even a '20 strikes and you're out' policy would make a difference in many areas of our cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Them Dutch have nailed it. Can you imagine the uproar from all the do gooders over here if this idea was suggested.
    They prob polishing the black horses and horse drawn hearse for that little bollix now....

He's being given a "humanist" funeral

These scummers are so abnormal and desensitised that they genuinely think this behaviour is normal.

I was watching some tracksuit clad scobe on the luas red line on Friday - I was heading into a friend for drink. Left an absolute trail of destruction behind him - half-eaten Kentucky fried chicken, half eaten box of wedges. Stank out the whole place and then hopped off at Rialto - passing a bin on the way.

These people are beyond help. The Dutch have the right idea - http://www.stickboydaily.com/really/holland-to-create-scumbag-villages-for-bad-tenants/. Let them live their own lives with their own rules, pay their dole and benefits and let them leech of each other. Keep them far away from people who just want to create a decent society for their family and friends.

i wonder, is there an electric fence around that scumbag village? probably not...

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    i wonder, is there an electric fence around that scumbag village? probably not...

it's in Holland, they don't do electric fences.

It'll be a moat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

wexie wrote: »

I'll be a moat :D
    Filled with Dutch Gold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

The taxi driver was assaulted by a Traveller after the incident. Welcome to modern Ireland.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/carjacked-taxi-driver-assaulted-in-separate-incident-minutes-after-ordeal-30342810.html

Death isn't severe enough?

in this case more like bad luck than severe i'd say...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Inbred Irish scum then Inbred traveler scum poor sod
    it might be a hunch but I think we have a problem in this country with scum

scum towns are the only solution,the ones for travelers we can still call halting sites

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    What the fúck @ the below:
    Judge Nolan suspended the final year of the sentence after calling the attack "appalling" and said there was "no excuse" for Robinson's and Dempsey's behaviour.

And this, my dear friends, is what is so wrong with this country.
    Our "Judicial" system either has no brains, no backbone or bolovks to deal with this type of behaviour.
    The Garda bring them in and the judges put them back on the street just as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

The taxi driver was assaulted by a Traveller after the incident. Welcome to modern Ireland.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/carjacked-taxi-driver-assaulted-in-separate-incident-minutes-after-ordeal-30342810.html

Sources say that after the carjacking incident, which happened at the Oliver Bond flats in Dublin 8 at around 8.30am, the driver went to the nearby Merchants Quay Ireland facility to eat his breakfast.

CUTS

However when he got there, he was asked about a number of cuts on his forehead and the driver replied that he had been “car-jacked”.

But in a bitter twist for him, a male member of the Traveller community who heard these comments then set upon the taxi driver.

- See more at: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/carjacked-taxi-driver-assaulted-in-separate-incident-minutes-after-ordeal-30342810.html#sthash.HRa1eq1B.dpuf

Do Taxi Drivers eat at these places I thought they were Homeless people?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

One of these would do the job....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IEb1IsWgUU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hootanany wrote: »
    Sources say that after the carjacking incident, which happened at the Oliver Bond flats in Dublin 8 at around 8.30am, the driver went to the nearby Merchants Quay Ireland facility to eat his breakfast.

CUTS

However when he got there, he was asked about a number of cuts on his forehead and the driver replied that he had been “car-jacked”.

But in a bitter twist for him, a male member of the Traveller community who heard these comments then set upon the taxi driver.

- See more at: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/carjacked-taxi-driver-assaulted-in-separate-incident-minutes-after-ordeal-30342810.html#sthash.HRa1eq1B.dpuf

Do Taxi Drivers eat at these places I thought they were Homeless people?

I'd take a guess and say he was probably looking for help not food.

wexie wrote: »

It'll be a moat :D

yeah okay, as long as the moat is deep enough...

"Judge & wife severely beaten in carjacking incident in killiney, car stolen and used in the mugging of the minister for justice's daughter"

Enda Kenny says he is appalled and has set up an emergency meeting of cobra, a Dail committee is to be established and all the powers of the state will be employed to root out and stop this immediately.

ohh hold on it wasn't a judge it was just a member of the public

Enda says bollox to that cancel that meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'd take a guess and say he was probably looking for help not food.
    yeah seems like a strange article, a man loses his car,phone, wallet and wanders off for a fry? fair enough though he deserved a fry at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

yeah okay, as long as the moat is deep enough...

With lots of sharks and piranha.:cool:

Advertisement