Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car jacker killed in Dublin crash ***mod note first post: read before posting***

Options
  • 08-06-2014 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

A man in his 20s has died following the hijacking of a taxi in the south inner city of Dublin.
    The car was forcibly taken from its driver by two men this morning.
    The taxi driver was assaulted before being forced out of his car in the Oliver Bond area at about 8.30am.
    The taxi later crashed into a pole in the James's Street area and narrowly avoided an oncoming vehicle.
    One of the men, a passenger in the car, was taken to St James's Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0608/622342-dublin-crash/

I wonder will this deter others from carjacking?
    Mod

Hey guys, I know this is a very emotive topic and empathy for the deceased is quite rightly at a minimum, however as he is not the one reading this can we please just hold back a little and bear some amount of thought for his family who are effectively innocent.

Like I said, I know it's emotive and it's not the man himself who is deserving of empathy, but his family haven't committed any crime.

Thanks for your understanding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The word karma comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

My thoughts are with the pole on James' St.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭emo72

They'll only stop if there is severe consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

The guy will have being the life and soul of the party.
    How dare the people online pick on such a great fella. He was a great son/nephew/brother/uncle/dad.
    Have you guys never made a mistake.

I'm heading over to troll the journal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Good - more oxygen for the rest of us. Feel bad for the taxi man's inconvenience though, and the damaged pole on Jame's street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No reset here like in GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

emo72 wrote: »
    They'll only stop if there is severe consequences.

Death isn't severe enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Good news about car jackings finally then !
    WTf is up with all these car jacking s lately its weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

No reset here like in GTO.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Doesn't happen regularly enough to deter these utter scumbags from interfering with other people's property.

I'm thinking a phone app that allows the driver to detonate his or her car in explosive and violent fashion remotely should they fall victim to this would do the trick :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

These people dont think that far ahead and wont consider it as a risk until it happens around them to a friend or family.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

aidoh wrote: »
    :cool:

:) reset :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭yr one

Similar to the lads that robbed a taxi months ago at knife point, then crashed on the quays.. Pure stupidity. Sad that people are dying, but on the other hand, they robbed a taxi driver, so I have no sympathy for them at all, they asked for it, one less leech on society

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Hope he died screaming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭furiousox

One less carjacker in the world?
    Yaaaay!!
    (probably very good to his mum though, no angel, heart of gold etc)

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

My thoughts are with the pole on James' St.

My thoughts are with that unfortunate taxi driver whose livelihood has been destroyed by those evil bastards. Read about the death in an article in the journal a while ago and it didn't mention any carjacking, delighted one of them died instead of a decent human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭emo72

Just glad they didn't injure someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The car was forcibly taken from its driver by two men this morning.
    The taxi driver was assaulted before being forced out of his car in the Oliver Bond area at about 8.30am.

I hope the taxi driver is okay. I guess insurance will cover the damage to his car. Hopefully he is able to get back to work soon if he is not too shaken up about it. Might be tough for him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Couldn't have a met a nicer fella. Pity about the lack of facilities in the locality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

seems there might be a new market for these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

how many previous convictions? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

scum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Some of the replies here are borderline sociopath.

It's hard to feel any sympathy for the carjackers yes, but some of the comments are way OTT.

At the end of the day it's still someones son, someone's brother, maybe someones father.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭furiousox

Moneymaker wrote: »

It's hard to feel any sympathy for the carjackers yes, but some of the comments are way OTT.

At the end of the day it's still someones son, someone's brother, maybe someones father.

And now he'll never harm someones son, brother or father again.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Moneymaker wrote: »

I think its fortunate he didn't take an innocent bystander with him. All in all a lucky escape for anyone in the vicinity. Lucky outcome.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It didn't happen in James Street. So much for news sources getting basic facts correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

furiousox wrote: »
    And now he'll never harm someones son, brother or father again.

Of course. I agree with you. But it seems some people here are downright delighted at the outcome.

Just a bit OTT to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Good news about car jackings finally then !
    WTf is up with all these car jacking s lately its weird.

I'm sure as long as there has been cars they've been getting jacked, nothing new really just more widely reported and shared.
    I remember years ago along the canal there was a phase of throwing a vicious pitbull type dog in your car while you were stopped at traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,522 ✭✭✭obi604

Hope the other good for nothing dies too. Sounds harsh but I mean it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Doolittle51

Such a sad story. The ending would be much happier if both of the evil scumbags died.

Advertisement