Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car jacker killed in Dublin crash ***mod note first post: read before posting***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Papers reporting the Pakistani taxi driver was beaten up by a traveller in a nearby cafe he went to minutes after the hijacking. WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Have we any names for the scummers yet?

I fancy an aul gander on FB to see all their Tupac/Fcuk da Police/ up da Shinners etc etc posts.

The dead man has been named in the Media as Alex Doyle. The second man, the driver, hasn't been named as of yet. He's due in court this morning. I can tell you that he has served plenty of jail time previous to this and wasn't long released, much like Doyle. I doubt I'm allowed to name him on here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Calibos wrote: »
    Papers reporting the Pakistani taxi driver was beaten up by a traveller in a nearby cafe he went to minutes after the hijacking. WTF!

This can't be true!
    If it is I'm just getting out now.

Also lads word of advice from another similar incident down the country.
    Guys where going after people from their Facebook comments about this "incident" and how they didn't think he was a decent skin.
    One guy was beaten up and a few houses where sprayed with graffiti. Just saying easy to be tracked down!

Ps my feelings on the person are still the same him and his buddy can....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Fiolina wrote: »
    There's a tribute page set up, Rest in Peace Alex Doyle (the link is above somewhere). Be warned though, you have to be a "full time mad bastard" or "full time mammy" to be part of it.

You are so correct:
    "I work hard at FUll time mammy to my angles"

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

The Irish Daily Mirror Facebook page makes for entertaining reading!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭SeanW

Have the family and friends expressed any apology to the poor taxi driver.
    Or expressed shame at what this guy did?
    Did they ****.

Where do you think this is, Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

the more I think about it, the more I realise that some form of national service would do wonders for the nation.

For those brought up in poverty, they would get a decent education and essential life skills.
    For those brought up with criminals they would get a chance to break away from that lifestyle.
    And the D4 types would get a dose of reality.

It would cost a lot to set up, but it would probably bring great long term benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

coolisin wrote: »
    This can't be true!
    If it is I'm just getting out now.

Also lads word of advice from another similar incident down the country.
    Guys where going after people from their Facebook comments about this "incident" and how they didn't think he was a decent skin.
    One guy was beaten up and a few houses where sprayed with graffiti. Just saying easy to be tracked down!

Ps my feelings on the person are still the same him and his buddy can....

There focus should be on the car driver who killed his mate and done a runner .Hope a few people go looking for him .

grundie wrote: »
    the more I think about it, the more I realise that some form of national service would do wonders for the nation.

For those brought up in poverty, they would get a decent education and essential life skills.
    For those brought up with criminals they would get a chance to break away from that lifestyle.

It would cost a lot to set up, but it would probably bring great long term benefits.

Plenty of people brought up in poverty have managed to make excellent lives for themselves. No need for the spoon feeding!!

However when he got there, he was asked about a number of cuts on his forehead and the driver replied that he had been “car-jacked”.

But in a bitter twist for him, a male member of the Traveller community who heard these comments then set upon the taxi driver.

This guy really got the full Irish, at least knack-wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

A good few of the European countries had compulsory military service until fairly recently. I think the amount has dimished somewhat. http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/politics/Mandatory_military_service_in_Europe.html?cid=34728252

I worked as a student in Germany (few summers and an Erasmus year) and was always impressed by it. Fellas finish secondary school, and then do a stint in the military before taking up a trade or university degree. Sorted them out no end and they started out in life with some real skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

shteve wrote: »
    The Irish Daily Mirror Facebook page makes for entertaining reading!!
    little daniel kelly told me to stop typing while I was in the drive through!

Plenty of people brought up in poverty have managed to make excellent lives for themselves. No need for the spoon feeding!!

I don't see how it has anything to do with spoon feeding. It's all about ensuring everyone realises they have to show some responsibility to those around them. It also acts as a safety net for those who were let down by the education system.

Whether you were rich or poor or had a good or bad education, everyone stands to gain something from national service.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

I don't see how it has anything to do with spoon feeding. It's all about ensuring everyone realises they have to show some responsibility to those around them. It also acts as a safety net for those who were let down by the education system.

Whether you were rich or poor or had a good or bad education, everyone stands to gain something from national service.

Not spoonfeeding at all.

Its like a forced JobBridge for people who wont work. Would be a great benefit.

People who will work will still be able to do whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

wow, one comment on the tribute page - 'god only takes the good'. 50 previous convictions including selling heroin.

In the words of Dr. silberman from terminator - Model Citizen

Apologies; misinterpreted your post!

Apologies; misinterpreted your post!

No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

What the fúck @ the below:
    Garda Don Barry told the court that Dempsey and Robinson were coming home from a party in the early hours when they came across Mr Lutnsyi sleeping on a park bench.

The court had been shown CCTV footage of the attack during Robinson's sentence hearing in which Robinson could be seen kicking the victim before both youths walked away.

They were then seen running back to the bench before Dempsey smashed a bottle of beer over the victim's head.

He then stabbed him a number of times in the face with it before he climbed on to the bench and stamped twice on his head.

Judge Nolan suspended the final year of the sentence after calling the attack "appalling" and said there was "no excuse" for Robinson's and Dempsey's behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

He also had 59 previous convictions. The judicial system in this country is a fcuking joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

To my mind that's attempted murder. Not merely assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    What the fúck @ the below:

there's quite a few WTF's there if you ask me, not in the least the fact that this article was from March 2012 and yer man apparently is out on the street to 'have some fun'.

He also had 59 previous convictions. The judicial system in this country is a fcuking joke

I wonder how many convictions the traveler who assaulted the taxi driver in a café following the carjacking had, also. I wonder what the total sum of justice not served was by the time these crimes were committed against this poor guy who was just trying to make a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I was actually going to call bullshit on this and then I read...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/carjacked-taxi-driver-assaulted-in-separate-incident-minutes-after-ordeal-30342810.html

just

fucking

unbelievable

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jeeaysus that's two dangerous idiots there...

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

Now I see how it works...

Get a conviction early so that you can never be threatened with work. After that whether you have 5 or 55 previous convictions makes no difference when it comes to sentencing. Then qualify for early release for "good behavior", which to the rest of us law abiding citizens is merely ordinary behavior. Cost the State a fortune in benefits, free legal aid, probation supervision, drug rehab etc, etc.

"God only takes the good" ?????

Whats even worse imo is that this guys family and friends don't appear to see anything wrong with his behavior :mad:

jeeaysus that's two dangerous idiots there...

Ah sure everyone makes mistakes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

wexie wrote: »
    there's quite a few WTF's there if you ask me, not in the least the fact that this article was from March 2012 and yer man apparently is out on the street to 'have some fun'.

Robinson was sentenced Feb 2012 for 3.5 years, so should have been out August 2015. Even if he was also cut the final year like Dempsey, he might have been out August 2014.

So WTF is he doing out in June 2014?

On one positive, at least one scummer got snuffed; shame it wasn't both of them.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I wonder how many convictions the traveler who assaulted the taxi driver in a café following the carjacking had, also. I wonder what the total sum of justice not served was by the time these crimes were committed against this poor guy who was just trying to make a living.

I would love it, if the taxi driver, could sue the state .
    Under what law, I have no idea, Im just ranting(ish).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Lofty123 wrote: »
    Whats even worse imo is that this guys family and friends don't appear to see anything wrong with his behavior :mad:

These scummers are so abnormal and desensitised that they genuinely think this behaviour is normal.

I was watching some tracksuit clad scobe on the luas red line on Friday - I was heading into a friend for drink. Left an absolute trail of destruction behind him - half-eaten Kentucky fried chicken, half eaten box of wedges. Stank out the whole place and then hopped off at Rialto - passing a bin on the way.

These people are beyond help. The Dutch have the right idea - http://www.stickboydaily.com/really/holland-to-create-scumbag-villages-for-bad-tenants/. Let them live their own lives with their own rules, pay their dole and benefits and let them leech of each other. Keep them far away from people who just want to create a decent society for their family and friends.

Advertisement