Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Very like the January 8th to January 12th 1991 cold spell. Snow to many, sleet to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I just rewatched the weather after 6pm news with Siobhan Ryan. She did say Rain, Sleet and Snow. She said there could be a dusting anywhere on Tuesday and snow could be become more of a problem and more widespread later in the week.

I'm not expecting much here but it did strike me as a pretty snowy forecast!

Just watched her after the 9 news and she said Thursday possibly more widespread sleet and snow. So snow at higher levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Was reading the dam values and from the Fax chart.

Apologies for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Wow exciting forecast from Siobhan there after the 9bells news
    I find every forecast from Siobhan exciting.
    But I hear you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

An Ri rua wrote: »
    I find every forecast from Siobhan exciting.
    But I hear you.

Siobhan is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    “Where all gonna die”

Of boredom?

That's not against Siobhan, it's just against the limboesque weather.

Didn't see the report though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Marengo wrote: »
    Very like the January 8th to January 12th 1991 cold spell. Snow to many, sleet to some.

Does that analogue mean we're getting an early Feb 91 equivalent around the end of Feb start of march :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Kamili wrote: »
    Of boredom?

That's not against Siobhan, it's just against the limboesque weather.

Didn't see the report though.

No, Andrew00 said "were all gonna die" earlier and that's what Snowbiee21 was having a mick at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Just watched her after the 9 news and she said Thursday possibly more widespread sleet and snow. So snow at higher levels.

These are the weeks we long for. All we need is hope!
    Failing that at least we know the mountain will be full of white gold by next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I'll keep it simple.
    If the 18z gfs is right we are looking at a nationwide red alert come Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I'll keep it simple.

The pub run JS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

I'll keep it simple.

LOL, such drama! Cold rain folks, would be very surprised if it's anything else, snow from the West is always marginal at best, Midlands might do well. But a Nationwide red alert? Come on, let's get real!!!!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

I'll keep it simple.

Ah here your gonna send me in to a cardiac arrest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

derekon wrote: »
    LOL, such drama! Cold rain folks, would be very surprised if it's anything else, snow from the West is always marginal at best, Midlands might do well. But a Nationwide red alert? Come on, let's get real!!!!

D[/QUOTE

Correct, any type of on-shore winds keeps it sleety in the West, at least until Thursday when the winds swing into the SE Direction

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TECH85

I'll keep it simple.

Can u show us the chart please

typhoony wrote: »
    derekon wrote: »

D[/QUOTE

Correct, any type of on-shore winds keeps it sleety in the West, at least until Thursday when the winds swing into the SE Direction

So the SE winds would turn it to snow?

JS, I've no problem being corrected if we all end up getting a dumping of snow!!!!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Cant read charts, but amazed how those on here who can, read them so differently and call things so differently, one mentions rain, one mentions countrywide status red alerts!!

Think i will stick to tried and tested, wait for a start up Kermit Thread, let Sryan weigh in and back it up, then await sign off from GL, normally when those things align we get what we want!
    Well i do anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

We all need a little guidance sometimes. Maybe you are wondering when you will meet that special someone, or how to solve problems in your current relationship. You may be worried about work, or unsure of how to deal with problems in your family. Our genuine psychics can offer you a tarot card reading, psychic readings or angel readings to not only answer your questions, but also to guide you on the right path for the best life. You can visit our website that is www livepsychic ie to get connected to our psychics.

Will there be a red alert Thursday? Or even snow on lower levels??

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭leinad

We all need a little guidance sometimes. Maybe you are wondering when you will meet that special someone, or how to solve problems in your current relationship. You may be worried about work, or unsure of how to deal with problems in your family. Our genuine psychics can offer you a tarot card reading, psychic readings or angel readings to not only answer your questions, but also to guide you on the right path for the best life. You can visit our website that is www livepsychic ie to get connected to our psychics.

Well is it going to snow this week? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Will the GFS be correct on Thursday ? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Think i will stick to tried and tested, wait for a start up Kermit Thread, let Sryan weigh in and back it up, then await sign off from GL, normally when those things align we get what we want!
    Well i do anyway

I thought this was a thread started by Kermit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Thanks. Probably more useful as the models past day four, so I’ll give them a shout and find out the weather for Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

You've picked a great thread and time to post your first post. Will ya feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

KingJeremy wrote: »
    I thought this was a thread started by Kermit?

It was yes, but unless im reading it wrong, not sure Sryan or GL have as confident on This one, not just those, others too, im not knocking anyone, not Kermit for starting thread, but iv not seen his confidence backed up by others who equally know their stuff!
    Just my twopence worth, but experience tells me when those 3 agree we are normally on to a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I think I can see about 10 snowflakes on the road outside

Will Dublin Airport be operational this Thursday or will snow stop flights?

D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

I think I can see about 10 snowflakes on the road outside

Sleet here in Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

I'll keep it simple.

??

The wildly over-optimistic GFS snow charts (there's apparently lying snow here right now) are showing 1-3cm at best for most of the country by Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Cant read charts, but amazed how those on here who can, read them so differently and call things so differently, one mentions rain, one mentions countrywide status red alerts!!

Well i do anyway

Nothing more annoying , I agree with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The Met in UK have issued an amber weather alert for Northern Ireland for both Tuesday and Thursday.
    Met Eireann a bit slow out the traps on this one!!

Advertisement