Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

I'll keep it simple.
    If the 18z gfs is right we are looking at a nationwide red alert come Thursday

Maybe if we put the whole country on 400 meter high stilts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

We all need a little guidance sometimes. Maybe you are wondering when you will meet that special someone, or how to solve problems in your current relationship. You may be worried about work, or unsure of how to deal with problems in your family. Our genuine psychics can offer you a tarot card reading, psychic readings or angel readings to not only answer your questions, but also to guide you on the right path for the best life. You can visit our website that is www livepsychic ie to get connected to our psychics.
    Will it be snowing at Four Roads, Glenamaddy at 10:33pm on Thursday? Will Gladys meet me there and will her father catch us?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

The Met in UK have issued an amber weather alert for Northern Ireland for both Tuesday and Thursday.
    Met Eireann a bit slow out the traps on this one!!

Maybe they are playing it safe .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

The Met in UK have issued an amber weather alert for Northern Ireland for both Tuesday and Thursday.

Tomorrow is plenty of time for Thursday anyway. Tuesday doesn’t look too troublesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The parallel just coming out now is a great run for the southwest....almost constant snow showers Tuesday into Wed morning. I'll eat my hat if hilly areas in Cork don't have lying snow Wed morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

The parallel just coming out now is a great run for the southwest....almost constant snow showers Tuesday into Wed morning. I'll eat my hat if hilly areas in Cork don't have lying snow Wed morning

And there you have it

HILLY

LOL

D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

We all need a little guidance sometimes. Maybe you are wondering when you will meet that special someone, or how to solve problems in your current relationship. You may be worried about work, or unsure of how to deal with problems in your family. Our genuine psychics can offer you a tarot card reading, psychic readings or angel readings to not only answer your questions, but also to guide you on the right path for the best life. You can visit our website that is www livepsychic ie to get connected to our psychics.

Y861hz2.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

That onshore element is still there and it's not going away just remember anyone thinking it will be snowing on Thursday along the east. Midlands will get sleet and snow, there will be accumulation on high grounds. Down at low level more slushy kind of affair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I think I can see about 10 snowflakes on the road outside
    Were they sporting the latest trend in beard fashion and showing off their latest 'must have' iPhone 10 purchase? If not, then they may not be true snowflakes.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 tartetatin

Can’t find a link for this Squared
    Apologies. Just did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Anyone using the lying snow depth charts as gospel are kidding themselves, they're only a very rough guide and never right. I doubt there will be significant disruption at all next week. The usual Connor Pass/ Sally Gap type snow probably. That's it. Less cold the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I can't see the warnings...only yellow for South of England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I’m not really sure what’s going on right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭mobil 222

There must be snow coming because there are 326 people following this thread right now !

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

Tomorrow is plenty of time for Thursday anyway. Tuesday doesn’t look too troublesome.

I can’t see any warnings on UK Met site for NÍ bar yellow for SE England Tuesday Wednesday. I’m in mobile site might that make a difference and maybe not updated yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

justy182 wrote: »
    I can’t see any warnings on UK Met site for NÍ bar yellow for SE England Tuesday Wednesday. I’m in mobile site might that make a difference and maybe not updated yet?

I can only see yellow as well. JS not great at replying to queries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

justy182 wrote: »

It's the same on the desktop site for me, just had a look.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

We need Kermit’s input to clarify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭rooney30

Given the lack of posts in the model threads in the past 24 hours , can it be assumed that guidance for next weekend and beyond is a return to mild ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Sorry folks saw on NW that the Northern Ireland met had a warning out. Perhaps that's not correct I'm not sure....fake news maybe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Where are the lies? From what I can see, it's just posters interpreting the potential for snow based on the model outputs, isn't that the idea? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Drove from SW to Dublin this evening. Nothing to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

What are the chances of snow in Dublin this week and to stick??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Just my opinion , HiRLAM 18Z looks fairly wintry to me on Tues increasingly so as the day goes on, heaviest in the W and NW, and possibly the SW

anim_ryu2.gif

anim_ldi4.gif

anim_sav7.gif

anim_bxi7.gif

hirlamuk-45-48-0_thu4.png

hirlamuk-41-44-0_fjg1.png

hirlamuk-41-48-0_nxd2.png

rooney30 wrote: »
    Given the lack of posts in the model threads in the past 24 hours , can it be assumed that guidance for next weekend and beyond is a return to mild ??

ukmaxtemp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I just asked Google assistant will it snow this week and it said "yes Dublin will be getting snow tomorrow". Must be true, cos she knows everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

sryanbruen wrote: »
    One guy mentions that Met Éireann said "extremely cold" conditions and disruptive snow coming. Another is saying that the UK Met Office have released amber warnings for Northern Ireland...

Met Eireann said bitterly cold and possible widespread snow on Thursday! I guess the possibility of snow makes people excitable! :)

How do you see the week panning out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

rooney30 wrote: »

In terms of the FI thread, the models are still all over the place and no concrete solution is emerging. I think most posters have given up trying to decipher what the models are showing in FI. The <120hr model thread is pretty much covered here.

Advertisement