Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

I was at a concert in croke park a good few years ago, held on for a few minutes to let the crowd disperse all around us was covered in needles.
    I'm happy to see young folk taking laughing gas rather than heroin. Yea I know it's against public health advice before you go off on one.
    Going by the ground when they left yes it was covered in needles, It was the Vertigo tour in 2005.
    Me neither but that's what was on the ground close to where we all were. I remember it clearly, it was one of those jesus christ moments. I didn't see anyone shooting up but must have been a gang of them.
    I'm not making it up lads...why would I make up something like that, I go to plenty of gigs, festivals etc and I've never seen anything like it. That was the one and only time I've seen that happen. Maybe there was something else in them but I can't think what else comes in needles besides some types of smoke but there's no way they were doing that either.
    It was a lot, not just one or two, it was a few meters from where we were standing during the gig. Maybe it was something else in them or someone dropped a box. It hasn't crossed my mind in 15yrs until that picture of all the nox on the ground.

Are you sure you weren`t on something yourself at the gig and hallucinated all this crap about seeing needles?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

U2 in Croke Park in 87 I could believe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭CiarraiManc

My friends wife is a financial controller in a nursing home. They had no cases until a patient was transferred from a public hospital guess what happened. Anecdotal I know.

Does your friend have two wives as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Get Real

As a Dublin reg car Not living in Dublin we were down west this weekend. Plenty of commuters in D reg’s I’d say who aren’t in lockdown

And those D reg cars were probably saying the same about your D reg car...

Loads of D regs outside of Dublin belonging to people who live outside of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I was at a concert in croke park a good few years ago, held on for a few minutes to let the crowd disperse all around us was covered in needles.
    I'm happy to see young folk taking laughing gas rather than heroin. Yea I know it's against public health advice before you go off on one.

That didn't happen anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Worth reading the article not the headline:

Indeed.....
    An analysis by the International Air Transport Association published in August identified four cases of possible transmission on aircraft. Among them was a March 2 flight from Britain to Vietnam on which one symptomatic passenger is likely to have transmitted the virus to 15 other people, according to a study published Friday in the CDC journal. Most of them were sitting close to the symptomatic passenger in business class, but people elsewhere on the plane also tested positive.

526981.jpeg

https://twitter.com/AliNouriPhD/status/1307764551832793093?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

CDC How it spreads

Through respiratory droplets or small particles, such as those in aerosols, produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, sings, talks, or breathes.
    These particles can be inhaled into the nose, mouth, airways, and lungs and cause infection. This is thought to be the main way the virus spreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

lawred2 wrote: »
    That didn't happen anyway

When we look back in another 15yrs at the Guards breaking up a rave in the first 48hrs of Lockdown II and you tell people the ground was littered with laughing gas i'm sure a few won't believe it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Surely this is an impossibility the HEPA filters is like Kryptonite to the virus, boom!!! it sucks it right out of your filthy infected body. ;)

I have a client who sometimes flies commercial planes in his spare time. He actually thinks the COVID stuff was being blown out of proportion when I was last talking to him in the summer (before it kicked off where he lives in USA). But he’s always maintained the filtration system on planes isn’t worth crap against this virus.

It’s like the schools, only worse as far as I’m concerned. The problem with this sort of thing for me is that there’s been plenty of time to prove one way or another how safe planes are but there’s been very little desire to do so. That says to me they don’t want to know or they know and don’t want the results to get out. There are elements like this and schools etc that make trusting authorities that bit harder. I’d prefer honesty and trusting people to make their own decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Is this new?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Nice bit of comic relief with the U2 junky stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,652 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

When we look back in another 15yrs at the Guards breaking up a rave in the first 48hrs of Lockdown II and you tell people the ground was littered with laughing gas i'm sure a few won't believe it either.

Yeah, but you will be telling people it was crack cocaine and a Daniel O'Donnell concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Nephet considering using Japan's method of contact tracing(retrospective tracing to source).

Nephet have been using prospective tracing which is tracing who is likely to become infected up to now.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/irish-officials-consider-tracing-method-that-helped-japan-avoid-lockdowns-39547376.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Luke O’Neill on Pat Kenny’s show. He is now saying that surfaces are not that important in spreading the virus and the hand washing is not such a big deal.
    This the same guy who told us not too long ago that wearing masks was pretty much useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Luke O’Neill on Pat Kenny’s show. He is now saying that surfaces are not that important in spreading the virus and the hand washing is not such a big deal.
    This the same guy who told us not too long ago that wearing masks was pretty much useless.

Hmm...and where do we pickup the virus on our hands from? Yep surfaces. Course we can’t disinfect everything we touch out and about so hams washing and sanitising is important, but make no mistake Covid can linger on some of the most inhospitable surfaces for a long time, and even longer as the temperatures drop....
    Anyways, I’m sure he’s worried, he just sold some company he co founded for 380million quid. That some spread there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Phoenix Park is empty of cars this morning.

Only those told to be at work are going.

Most People and organization's will listen to and adhere to the advice.

That is why the message has to be crystal clear and easy to comprehend which it has not been recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

GooglePlus wrote: »
    D car registration is fairly common outside of Dublin.

A lot of company cars are D regs. Also, commuters from outside Dublin often buy second hand cars in garages around Dublin. 1 in 4 cars in Ireland is a D reg.

A lot of company cars are D regs. Also, commuters from outside Dublin often buy second hand cars in garages around Dublin.

And many Dubs live in Kildare, Meath. Wicklow, and Louth. And they may or may not have D reg cars.

• Advertisement

A lot of company cars are D regs. Also, commuters from outside Dublin often buy second hand cars in garages around Dublin.

The kids in the playground were wearing Leinster facemasks, considering the accents, cars and masks I'm pretty sure they were dubs in the wild.

Is this new?

New to the Irish gov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

GooglePlus wrote: »
    D car registration is fairly common outside of Dublin.

Being from down the country, I always like to drive a D reg.
    That way, if I'm in a wrong lane or make an illegal turn in Dublin, other drivers think "ah good man, couldn't be bothered obeying the road signage" rather than "what a moron, can't even read a road sign".

screamer wrote: »
    Hmm...and where do we pickup the virus on our hands from? Yep surfaces. Course we can’t disinfect everything we touch out and about so hams washing and sanitising is important, but make no mistake Covid can linger on some of the most inhospitable surfaces for a long time, and even longer as the temperatures drop....
    Anyways, I’m sure he’s worried, he just sold some company he co founded for 380million quid. That some spread there.

We should minimize the surfaces we touch with a viral load then instead we've mandated to increase them by millions a day.
    Seems to be working well. Thanks Luke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

screamer wrote: »

It seems to me that most people who might develop symptoms, like coughing, tend to not be out and about. Yes, the virus can just be expelled by breathing, but I can't imagine it gets too far to say, land on a bottle of milk which you will then pick up and then stick your fingers in your mouth. I mean, of course its possible, but I'd say very very little of the infections are passed on that way.

My suspicion has always been just people chatting. And Irish people love a good chat. I do think that masks prevent the virus coming out in big droplets, but most of them fall to the ground pretty quickly, and you are unlikely to inhale them if you are a few steps back from the person. I don't think that one-ply cloth masks (which 90% of people wear) prevent you from breathing out the aerosol droplets - they may just redirect the droplets upwards or sideways instead of straight at the person you are talking to, which I suppose is a help. Cloth masks certainly don't prevent you from breathing in the aerosol droplets.

So if you stop to chat to someone, especially indoors, even if you are both wearing masks, I think there's a good chance the virus could be passed on. But really, where it is probably passed on from household to household is in restaurants/cafes/pubs/houses, where customers/visitors don't wear masks. A good hour of chats, probably half a metre apart in an indoor setting...sure it'd be a miracle if you didn't catch it.

As much as it sucks, it's a good idea that indoor dining in Dublin is closed for three weeks. I do think that it'll have a good impact on infections. Problem is of course once it's opened again in three weeks infections will go back up.

C'mon Pfizer...the sooner the better...

He'll be telling us to drink our own wee next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

That guy literally changes his tune with the weather:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

My attempt at getting the flu vaccine:
    Thank you for your answers.

Your answers tell us that you are not in one of the groups recommended by the HSE to get a flu vaccination this season. As there is limited flu vaccine stock for people not in an at-risk or recommended group unfortunately the service is now restricted to those with a pre-paid voucher.

Please contact your local Boots pharmacy to speak to a pharmacist who will discuss your eligibility to continue with the service.

Surely having a plentiful supply of this should be a high priority...given the billions we're already spending on this health crisis..

jojofizzio wrote: »
    That guy literally changes his tune with the weather:rolleyes:

Maybe there should be a new station - Covid FM - where all these experts can come together and theorise together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

https://twitter.com/mhdksafa/status/1307338745864237058?s=20

Turns out he made it up ...

https://twitter.com/mhdksafa/status/1307708677806317568?s=20

This is a UN guy .... and sadly a lot of people are lapping it up and don't realise it's made up.

Imagine the type of person that would pretend their daughter died , to fearmonger.

sick sick sick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement