Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

spookwoman wrote: »
    If the restrictions get extended might start seeing vigilante groups sorting these out.

The Gardai would be fast enough to tackle vigilantes but as we’ve seen they have little in the way of want to sort out the scumbags having parties / large gatherings.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

A US priest has a YouTube video out on Coronavirus that may be interesting.

Fr. Altier: Coronavirus - The Truth Revealed.

He says he has proof of all the claims he makes on the subject.

Good lord some people actually can't be saved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Yeah we acted quickly by removing the elderly from hospital beds and putting them into care homes, without a test. Holohan advised Nursing homes not to restrict visitors in March. The nursing homes was where the majority of our deaths occurred.
    Btw do you think prehaps we have learned a few things since the images of Lombardy hit our screens?

There's no evidence visitors brought Covid into nursing homes, it looks like it was brought in from staff, who picked it up in the community, from the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭alentejo

The worse this second wave in europe is, the quicker the pandemic will pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Wolf359f wrote: »
    There's no evidence visitors brought Covid into nursing homes, it looks like it was brought in from staff, who picked it up in the community, from the public.
    lol.

• Advertisement

The lads in Oliver Bond have been at this all summer, why is it a surprise now?

How long until they move rest of Ireland to level 3? Realistically they have to do it at some stage why not soon to curb the spread completely? If it's this bad in Dublin it will get out to the other counties

Ireland will be at 3 and Dublin 4 soon enough, due to our chronic health service and the fear of the politicians of the inevitable hospital sh1tsh0w.. That’s all it is. That’s the reason why we are panicking and other countries are restricting contacts and gatherings, and enforcing WFH, but otherwise getting on with things perfectly calmly without the state media banging on.

This will be with us for a year. Most epidemiologists and virologists are talking about a possible vaccine in maybe Q2 next year, and no universal availability until much later in the year. So what will be different here in November, or January or March or June next year? Nothing, other than an even lower level of compliance with the rules, due to general fatigue. Oscillating between phase 2 and 4 for the next 12 months will ruin us. It is just not possible

This strategy will not work for 12 more months (at best). We need to be bolder is keeping things open and getting to some normality (masks, hygiene, social distancing notwithstanding). Treatment is better now, the UK has loads of ICU capacity. We need to be bolder and if our ICU become overrun, then ask Boris if we can use some nightingale capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That's some amount of laughing gas on the pitch, had to do a double take thought it was needles first. Suppose it's a positive news story, kids are improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Ce he sin wrote: »
    Why, I wonder? Why not go a little further west and look at Norway? 49 deaths per million people compared to 580 for Sweden.

Norway is having a second wave now, it's inevitable ..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That's some amount of laughing gas on the pitch, had to do a double take thought it was needles first. Suppose it's a positive news story, kids are improving.
    Kids are improving? What does that even mean in this context?
    Inhaling laughing gas isn't exactly clever or safe...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

580/million according to Worldometers. That's just behind Italy at 591. Obviously those figures don't take into account what they are taking as Coronavirus deaths, but being just a bit behind Italy would be a good place to be, imo. Ireland is 362.

Since nearly all deaths occur in the over 65 age group the deaths/million should really be adjusted for the population over 65.

Seen as its like a score keeping exercise.

Sweden vs Europe

Use the correct metrics at least

Ireland has a very young population, which is a natural defense.

Still did no better than Sweden, however

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

“The statement added that no breaches of regulations were detected and officers maintained a presence in the area.” :confused:

Gardai couldn't give a Fcuk in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭dockysher

alentejo wrote: »
    The worse this second wave in europe is, the quicker the pandemic will pass.

And the quicker more people will die. Great thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

A US priest has a YouTube video out on Coronavirus that may be interesting.

Fr. Altier: Coronavirus - The Truth Revealed.

He says he has proof of all the claims he makes on the subject.

Without watching the vid I'll bet this months mortgage he has zero proof...

lol.

Can you explain how there were little to no cases in nursing homes for about 3 weeks after they finally banned visitors? How did it get in if there were no visitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭normanoffside

What about the residents that Holohan sent back to the homes Covid Positive (without test) from Hospital in order to clear beds for the younger population?

What about the residents that Holohan sent back to the homes Covid Positive (without test) from Hospital in order to clear beds for the younger population?

They were not visitors.
    I'm not going to argue that mistakes were not made, but someone making a false claim, I'll call them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

lulublue22 wrote: »
    From the 3 schools affected in Ballincollig ?

Rumours its a nursing home

gmisk wrote: »
    Kids are improving? What does that even mean in this context?
    Inhaling laughing gas isn't exactly clever or safe...

I was at a concert in croke park a good few years ago, held on for a few minutes to let the crowd disperse all around us was covered in needles.
    I'm happy to see young folk taking laughing gas rather than heroin. Yea I know it's against public health advice before you go off on one.

rogieop wrote: »
    Without watching the vid I'll bet this months mortgage he has zero proof...

Going by the sites and Twitter users linking and talking about it, fairly safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Ireland will be at 3 and Dublin 4 soon enough, due to our chronic health service and the fear of the politicians of the inevitable hospital sh1tsh0w.. That’s all it is. That’s the reason why we are panicking and other countries are restricting contacts and gatherings, and enforcing WFH, but otherwise getting on with things perfectly calmly without the state media banging on.

This will be with us for a year. Most epidemiologists and virologists are talking about a possible vaccine in maybe Q2 next year, and no universal availability until much later in the year. So what will be different here in November, or January or March or June next year? Nothing, other than an even lower level of compliance with the rules, due to general fatigue. Oscillating between phase 2 and 4 for the next 12 months will ruin us. It is just not possible

This strategy will not work for 12 more months (at best). We need to be bolder is keeping things open and getting to some normality (masks, hygiene, social distancing notwithstanding). Treatment is better now, the UK has loads of ICU capacity. We need to be bolder and if our ICU become overrun, then ask Boris if we can use some nightingale capacity.

You do know that they are currently discussing London restrictions where the caseload is just 25 per 100,000 and are also flying flags for a second full lockdown countrywide when the second wave hits..... they are in a position no better than we are.

• Advertisement

Can you explain how there were little to no cases in nursing homes for about 3 weeks after they finally banned visitors? How did it get in if there were no visitors?

My friends wife is a financial controller in a nursing home. They had no cases until a patient was transferred from a public hospital guess what happened. Anecdotal I know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

s1ippy wrote: »
    Job going here for TY student if you know anyone interested.

https://careers.ryanair.com/search/#job/163f1c
    Sorry fixed the link.

My friends wife is a financial controller in a nursing home. They had no cases until a patient was transferred from a public hospital guess what happened. Anecdotal I know.

How did the CMO not realize what would happen, do we know who made that decision, if it wasn't made we wouldn't be half as worried.

They were not visitors.
    I'm not going to argue that mistakes were not made, but someone making a false claim, I'll call them out.

You picked one part of my comment to alledge it's a false claim? Yet I also mentioned that patients were transferred without a test into nursing homes but you decided not to challenge that part of my comment.
    Goodnight I won't be responding to you further.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Have seen numerous posts on social media of Dubliners going in weekends away down the country

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

dockysher wrote: »
    And the quicker more people will die. Great thinking

You're welcome to stay at home hiding under your bed till March .... 2025

How did the CMO not realize what would happen, do we know who made that decision, if it wasn't made we wouldn't be half as worried.

Tony asked people not to blame anyone for the nursing homes, I wonder why?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Have seen numerous posts on social media of Dubliners going in weekends away down the country

They were in Clare at the weekend sporting their Dublin colours facemasks, was pretty shocked to see some of their kids wearing them in the playground. Disgraceful behavior, plenty of D regs heading back up the motorway this evening.
    They need to lock them down good and proper.

You picked one part of my comment to alledge it's a false claim? Yet I also mentioned that patients were transferred without a test into nursing homes but you decided not to challenge that part of my comment.
    Goodnight I won't be responding to you further.

I won't challenge a correct statement, or debate it as I would be just agreeing with you. But yes, a false claim or saying something which skews the facts and transfers blame to the public etc... yes I will make a comment.
    Don't post incorrect statements and you won't be challenged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭tigger123

I was at a concert in croke park a good few years ago, held on for a few minutes to let the crowd disperse all around us was covered in needles.
    I'm happy to see young folk taking laughing gas rather than heroin. Yea I know it's against public health advice before you go off on one.

A load of people in Croke Park were shooting up while watching a gig?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement