Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Luke O’Neill on Pat Kenny’s show. He is now saying that surfaces are not that important in spreading the virus and the hand washing is not such a big deal.
    This the same guy who told us not too long ago that wearing masks was pretty much useless.

That guy is off his rocker. I remember him laughing and joking on the late late show months ago when this all kicked off telling everyone it's nothing to be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,170 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Me neither but that's what was on the ground close to where we all were. I remember it clearly, it was one of those jesus christ moments. I didn't see anyone shooting up but must have been a gang of them.

It was better when you kept your nonsense to the restrictions thread, we knew avoiding that avoided bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

https://twitter.com/mhdksafa/status/1307338745864237058?s=20

Turns out he made it up ...

https://twitter.com/mhdksafa/status/1307708677806317568?s=20

This is a UN guy .... and sadly a lot of people are lapping it up and don't realise it's made up.

Imagine the type of person that would pretend their daughter died , to fearmonger.

sick sick sick

That is one perverted man. Fear is already is at a level that is causing damage without this nonsense on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

AdamD wrote: »
    My attempt at getting the flu vaccine:

Surely having a plentiful supply of this should be a high priority...given the billions we're already spending on this health crisis..

I thought everyone could get the flu vaccine if they wanted it. Is this not the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,123 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That guy is off his rocker. I remember him laughing and joking on the late late show months ago when this all kicked off telling everyone it's nothing to be worried about.

It's hard to take him seriously, seems to just jump on the most popular bandwagon of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭This is it

Same on Newstalk around April/May. No idea why he's given a platform to spout such shyte.

Hurrache wrote: »
    It was better when you kept your nonsense to the restrictions thread, we knew avoiding that avoided bull****.

I think we've moved on from U2, you shouldn't get stuck in a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

https://twitter.com/mhdksafa/status/1307338745864237058?s=20

Turns out he made it up ...

https://twitter.com/mhdksafa/status/1307708677806317568?s=20

This is a UN guy .... and sadly a lot of people are lapping it up and don't realise it's made up.

Imagine the type of person that would pretend their daughter died , to fearmonger.

sick sick sick

He is not UN staff - he is the representative of an NGO to the UN.

I suggest you get out today - It’s a Beautiful Day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Drumpot wrote: »
    I have a client who sometimes flies commercial planes in his spare time. He actually thinks the COVID stuff was being blown out of proportion when I was last talking to him in the summer (before it kicked off where he lives in USA). But he’s always maintained the filtration system on planes isn’t worth crap against this virus.

It’s like the schools, only worse as far as I’m concerned. The problem with this sort of thing for me is that there’s been plenty of time to prove one way or another how safe planes are but there’s been very little desire to do so. That says to me they don’t want to know or they know and don’t want the results to get out. There are elements like this and schools etc that make trusting authorities that bit harder. I’d prefer honesty and trusting people to make their own decisions.

I have said this many times.

HEPA filters are used in Laboratory safety cabinets and in Molecular Analysers that require positive pressure to prevent contamination, they are good at cleaning particles out of the air.

But the air that comes out of the overhead nozzle is like the perfectly clean water out of firemans hose spraying a dirty street....once it hits debris it will just pick it up and transports further down the street contaminating everything in its way.

There is a nozzle above every seat blowing air on heads picking up contamination a bit like mini cyclone inside a Dyson vacuum cleaner.

It’s common sense, only a gullible fool would fall for O’Leary’s marketing spin that HEPA filters are the worlds saviour from virus.

• Advertisement

Hey guys, I was making nonsense up, got called and mocked on it, so lets move on with my U2 pun and pretend I never said it...

Hey guys, I was making nonsense up, got called and mocked on it, so lets move on with my U2 pun and pretend I never said it...

Look what ever your into yourself, I was there and that's what I noticed when the crowd dispersed, I've no reason to make up something like that. If you could kindly move along now it's yesterdays news and your just trolling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Some reports in UK media that Johnson will announce restrictions for UK tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

It's hard to take him seriously, seems to just jump on the most popular bandwagon of the day.

That should have finished his career off but for some bizarre reason he's a regular in the media to this day. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭crossman47

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Can you explain how there were little to no cases in nursing homes for about 3 weeks after they finally banned visitors? How did it get in if there were no visitors?

Via staff - that's clear now.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Some reports in UK media that Johnson will announce restrictions for UK tomorrow

Interesting that restrictions go down well with his base - usually when those restrictions are elsewhere particularly disadvantaged areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Eod100 wrote: »

That is the UK except Dominick Cummings.......I presume?

What about the residents that Holohan sent back to the homes Covid Positive (without test) from Hospital in order to clear beds for the younger population?

How on earth can you say Holohan sent them back. Hes the CMO - he doesn't run hospitals or nursing homes.

Look what ever your into yourself, I was there and that's what I noticed when the crowd dispersed, I've no reason to make up something like that. If you could kindly move along now it's yesterdays news and your just trolling now.

LOL, I'm trolling by serving up your own words back to you? I'm happy to move on, you've proven yourself to be a liar on numerous occasions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

How long will it take Ireland to make this news official so that we can make better plans like perhaps mandatory masks in all indoor public places. There's still factories operating without face masks and offices aren't included in the government's list of where to wear a mask.

• Advertisement

LOL, I'm trolling by serving up your own words back to you? I'm happy to move on, you've proven yourself to be a liar on numerous occasions.

Do it move on, I'm not lying stop trolling.

The Tipp county final was a great game yesterday but the scenes afterwards make me worry we won't see much more games this year. I know a first county means so much but fellas hugging, back slapping, etc as if social distancing doesn't matter at a match can only lead to problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Just caught a couple of minutes of NewsTalk with Pat Kenny and Luck O'Neill chatting while I was in a shop this morning. O'Neill said that only 1 in 5 people who test positive are actually infectious! That's a pretty significant claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭jusvi2001

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    And it only took 5865 deaths to get them there. They're also about five weeks behind the rest of Europe in reaching a first trough, so cases may well hit a surge yet.

Many of them died with Covid not from Covid. they had underlying conditions as well. Look at the death rate in ireland during flu season. lot of the elderly people with underlying conditions wont survive even with a chest infection. unfortunately there is no accurate data to show death rate from covid.

Measures should be taken according to scientific evidence and data. Politicians often take decisions to save their government from backlash.

Lockdown not only crashing economy but affecting people with health conditions other than covid waiting for diagnosis , procedures, etc. mental health, depression , domestic abuse and list goes on...

How long will it take Ireland to make this news official so that we can make better plans like perhaps mandatory masks in all indoor public places. There's still factories operating without face masks and offices aren't included in the government's list of where to wear a mask.

Until when, a vaccine arrives, we need a certain amount of herd immunity even with a vaccine. Dragging this out for as long as possible doesn't seem like a correct strategy. There's certain people who need to protect themselves, that is on them. The rest of us should carry on as normal and get that immunity as quick as possible. We've made a mistake by not doing this while we had good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

sideswipe wrote: »
    Just caught a couple of minutes of NewsTalk with Pat Kenny and Luck O'Neill chatting while I was in a shop this morning. O'Neill said that only 1 in 5 people who test positive are actually infectious! That's a pretty significant claim.

How would he know that?............or is he just spoofing, as usual?

Do we know what percentage of positive tests are symptomatic, Paul Reid said 8% of close contacts are found to have the virus but again I don't know what percent of that 8% are symptomatic.

1 in 5 seems very high, wonder where he's getting those figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

Yes but if you walk in to.a room with those 5 people..how are you to know which one in 5 is infectious ??.so it goes back to the manta that expect all to be infectious ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Disaster in a creche a friend of mine uses.

One of the workers got results of test this morning. Tested positive and I believe the children were told not to come in today.

However, over the weekend with communions some of the families had visits (from 1 house hold) over the course of the day. Therefore all of them need to also self isolate whilst the family of the baby in the creche go for covid test today.

Cannot for the life of me see how Creches, schools and colleges are going to remain open

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Until when, a vaccine arrives, we need a certain amount of herd immunity even with a vaccine. Dragging this out for as long as possible doesn't seem like a correct strategy. There's certain people who need to protect themselves, that is on them. The rest of us should carry on as normal and get that immunity as quick as possible. We've made a mistake by not doing this while we had good weather.

Double lung transplant in a young woman in her 20s.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-woman-double-lung-transplant-chicago/

We cannot let this spread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement