Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tony asked people not to blame anyone for the nursing homes, I wonder why?

Someone will be held to account yet. We've had a few pandemics under his watch, I can't believe it was him he knows better. Was it a government decision in the end I wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Someone will be held to account yet. We've had a few pandemics under his watch, I can't believe it was him he knows better. Was it a government decision in the end I wonder.

We may have a tribunal of enquiry at some stage into the future of the handling of the pandemic. I can predict the findings. Systematic failure lessons to be learned ( in other words no individual responsibility)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

NPHET advise, government make decisions, buck lies with the government.
    Unless NPHET also advice HIQA directly?

tigger123 wrote: »
    A load of people in Croke Park were shooting up while watching a gig?

Going by the ground when they left yes it was covered in needles, It was the Vertigo tour in 2005.

Wolf359f wrote: »
    NPHET advise, government make decisions, buck lies with the government.
    Unless NPHET also advice HIQA directly?

I know they advise but do you think the decision was ultimately with Simon Harris?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Going by the ground when they left yes it was covered in needles, It was the Vertigo tour in 2005.

heroin is FAR from a gig drug though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭tigger123

Going by the ground when the left yes it was covered in needles, It was the Vertigo tour in 2005.

I find it very hard to believe that people went to see U2 in Croker in 2005 and decided to shoot up heroin while standing in a crowd and watching Bono and the lads.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of anyone injecting heroin at a gig.

I know they advise but do you think the decision was ultimately with Simon Harris?.

HIQA the guys with nursing home oversight has a representative on NPHET.
    Nphet has also spent the last week undermining the government with media leaks. The tail wags the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Tony asked people not to blame anyone for the nursing homes, I wonder why?

If Tony hadn't F*cked up with the nursing homes then we wouldn't be in such a state of panic and Paranoia now.

Both Anders Tengell in Sweden and Emmanuel Macron In France have admitted to and apologised for oversight which lead to excessive deaths in Nursing homes. Haven't hearad anything from our overlords.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200510-sweden-admits-failure-to-protect-elderly-in-care-homes

https://oltnews.com/36-7-million-people-watch-emmanuel-macron-apologize-for-not-having-prepared-france-for-an-epidemic-daily-mail

I find it very hard to believe that people went to see U2 in Croker in 2005 and decided to shoot up heroin while standing in a crowd and watching Bono and the lads.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of anyone injecting heroin at a gig.

Me neither but that's what was on the ground close to where we all were. I remember it clearly, it was one of those jesus christ moments. I didn't see anyone shooting up but must have been a gang of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I'm not sure who can dictate to the HSE, obviously the health minister, but I'm not sure if he can act alone or needs cabinet approval.
    Makes sense why the new government want to install another buffer between them and NPHET, plausible deniability!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

I was at a concert in croke park a good few years ago, held on for a few minutes to let the crowd disperse all around us was covered in needles.
    I'm happy to see young folk taking laughing gas rather than heroin. Yea I know it's against public health advice before you go off on one.

One of the most ridiculous and least credible posts in here, and that's really saying something in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

No preople were not shooting up at a u2 gig in 2005. Whatever you saw was not needles and they definitely were not all around you. I've been to 100's of gigs in Dublin and never seen a needle lying around after a gig. Why bother making this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭tigger123

Me neither but that's what was on the ground close to where we all were. I remember it clearly, it was one of those jesus christ moments. I didn't see anyone shooting up but must have been a gang of them.

Yeah...

If Tony hadn't F*cked up with the nursing homes then we wouldn't be in such a state of panic and Paranoia now.

Both Anders Tengell in Sweden and Emmanuel Macron In France have admitted to and apologised for oversight which lead to excessive deaths in Nursing homes. Haven't hearad anything from our overlords.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200510-sweden-admits-failure-to-protect-elderly-in-care-homes

https://oltnews.com/36-7-million-people-watch-emmanuel-macron-apologize-for-not-having-prepared-france-for-an-epidemic-daily-mail

Ah don't blame Tony, how could he have known. It wasn't as if elderly people were falling victim in large numbers elsewhere in Europe that we were aware of.....sssh don't mention Italy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Multiple needles on the ground following a concert by the most middle aged, middle of the road rock bands in existence and where tickets were what €90+ for the cheap seats? Walter Mitty hasn't a patch on you lad.

I'm not making it up lads...why would I make up something like that, I go to plenty of gigs, festivals etc and I've never seen anything like it. That was the one and only time I've seen that happen. Maybe there was something else in them but I can't think what else comes in needles besides some types of smoke but there's no way they were doing that either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

U2 in '05 probably had more diabetics than junkies in the audience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Be honest now. It was you were on the skag. There weren't any young people there at all. Where there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

U2 fans are the biggest bunch of aul wans. There's no chance there was any heroin at a u2 gig. Ever.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    U2 in '05 probably had more diabetics than junkies in the audience.

:D sounds more plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Ah don't blame Tony, how could he have known. It wasn't as if elderly people were falling victim in large numbers elsewhere in Europe that we were aware of.....sssh don't mention Italy.

The truth will hopefully eventually come out, unfortunately too late for all the lives he has destroyed (both the dead and those destroyed by the restrictions as a result).

A simple acknowledgment from NPHET when asked instead of saying 'no-one is to blame' would have sufficed but they couldn't even admit their mistakes.

I'm not making it up lads...why would I make up something like that, I go to plenty of gigs, festivals etc and I've never seen anything like it. That was the one and only time I've seen that happen. Maybe there was something else in them but I can't think what else comes in needles besides some types of smoke but there's no way they were doing that either.

Well Bono's head was firmly up his own ass by that timeframe so maybe drugs were required to get through his monologues. Good music though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

A load of people in Croke Park were shooting up while watching a gig?

I know?? Makes zero sense.

The truth will hopefully eventually come out, unfortunately too late for all the lives he has destroyed (both the dead and those destroyed by the restrictions as a result).

A simple acknowledgment from NPHET when asked instead of saying 'no-one is to blame' would have sufficed but they couldn't even admit their mistakes.

Doesn't matter no one will be held responsible. Holohan is a hero in the eyes of many with very short memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭forumdedum

What were the statistics for locking down Kildare etc? Cases per 100,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Rumours its a nursing home

Fermoy area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

How many needles we talking?

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    How many needles we talking?

It was a lot, not just one or two, it was a few meters from where we were standing during the gig. Maybe it was something else in them or someone dropped a box. It hasn't crossed my mind in 15yrs until that picture of all the nox on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Wake me up I'm dreaming.

Last 3 pages are surely a dream.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement